Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
modbaraban
modbaraban

Re: Ferrari F60

andartop wrote:So, does anyone still believe that Schumi's presence and Kimi's poor performances are not related?
Wasn't Shoey there during the quali? I think I've seen him on one of the photos.

andartop
andartop

I surely haven't seen him during the race. Maybe he was hiding somewhere. The reason is obvious!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Steven
Owner

andartop wrote:I surely haven't seen him during the race. Maybe he was hiding somewhere. The reason is obvious!
He just hasn't been there all weekend.

Giblet
Giblet

F60. not Schumi. not Kimi.

The car.

THE EFF SIX TEE.

Talk about the stuff from the race, in the THREAD ABOUT THE RACE.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

The FOZ
The FOZ

Giblet wrote:The car.

THE EFF SIX TEE.
How 'bout the EFF SIX TEE BEE? Can we talk about the BEE here? :D

Great post, it definitely lightened up my morning!

siskue2005

andartop wrote:I surely haven't seen him during the race. Maybe he was hiding somewhere. The reason is obvious!
he didnot even attend the race this weekend :?
Oh god will the hatred ever stop!! [-o<

Scotracer
Scotracer

Ferrari Type 056 V8

Powertrain Cooling Engineer

ISLAMATRON

wish i could see the other side so I can see the KERS MGU fitment

Look at that old school tool... even in my shop we have higher tech hammers than that

vasia
vasia

ISLAMATRON wrote:wish i could see the other side so I can see the KERS MGU fitment

Look at that old school tool... even in my shop we have higher tech hammers than that
I wonder if he is one of those engineers that rides a donkey to work at Maranello :wink:.

A hammer is a hammer, but this is F1, and honestly considering the complexity of the cars I would expect Ferrari to be using better tools. At the same time, I am not surprised at all. If anyone in the paddock would be using such tools, it would most likely be Ferrari.

ISLAMATRON

vasia wrote:If anyone in the paddock would be using such tools, it would most likely be Ferrari.
Why is that, may I ask?

timbo
timbo

I remember a video of how F1 exhausts were made, can't remember which team but not a Ferrari, I guess Cosworth. It was hand made with use of what seemed welder and, guess what, a hammer.
A tool is a tool, and you can definitely see that Ferrari follows expense reduction policy strictly :lol:

ISLAMATRON

no doubt those exhaust headers are hand made works of art... tried making my own headers once... didnt work out so pretty... and that only had 2 runners

timbo
timbo

ISLAMATRON wrote:no doubt those exhaust headers are hand made works of art... tried making my own headers once... didnt work out so pretty... and that only had 2 runners
Yeah it was brilliant thing to see. And the guy who made it - in his 60ies probably - he seemed more artist than technician.

tadzio89
tadzio89

timbo wrote:I remember a video of how F1 exhausts were made, can't remember which team but not a Ferrari, I guess Cosworth.
I remember Williams video.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

they don't make some tools like they used to....;)