Ferrari F60

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
vasia
vasia

Re: Ferrari F60

ISLAMATRON wrote:
vasia wrote:If anyone in the paddock would be using such tools, it would most likely be Ferrari.
Why is that, may I ask?
I've seen videos and documentaries of the factory at Maranello. At the factory there they use a lot of old school tools.

Metar

After their Barcelona and Malaysia mishaps, I guess you could say only Ferrari would hire such tools. :P

(and I'm glad they got over those silly mistakes)

ISLAMATRON

Metar wrote:After their Barcelona and Malaysia mishaps, I guess you could say only Ferrari would hire such tools. :P

(and I'm glad they got over those silly mistakes)
I've been watching F1 & Ferrari long enough to know their silly mistakes never end, especially since all the non-Italians are gone from Ferrari. Their next silly move will to be hire Alonso and bring his craziness to the team.

Callum

RacingManiac wrote:they don't make some tools like they used to....;)
Just think where that hammer has been! All round the world.

The FOZ
The FOZ

ISLAMATRON wrote:no doubt those exhaust headers are hand made works of art... tried making my own headers once... didnt work out so pretty... and that only had 2 runners
I dunno...you can get some pretty good CNC pipe benders these days. I'm sure getting the length of each runner perfect is critical, so this might just be a job that's better done by machine.

vasia
vasia

Modified Ferrari diffuser:

Astro1
Astro1

nevermind.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

The FOZ wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:no doubt those exhaust headers are hand made works of art... tried making my own headers once... didnt work out so pretty... and that only had 2 runners
I dunno...you can get some pretty good CNC pipe benders these days. I'm sure getting the length of each runner perfect is critical, so this might just be a job that's better done by machine.
Most of the bends on these exhaust are almost impossible to bend by machine, simply because of the packaging room, which in F1 cars is miniscule compare to just about anything else. You can match the exhaust length with handmade primaries, just takes a lot of work and a lot of welding....

wrcsti
wrcsti

vasia wrote:Modified Ferrari diffuser:

Looks very... simple.

Astro1
Astro1

If it works, why complicate things.

Or are you of the opinion that the more bends and pieces the better it is?

modbaraban
modbaraban

Astro1 wrote:If it works, why complicate things.

Or are you of the opinion that the more bends and pieces the better it is?
Clearly that's what BMW.Sauber believe :)

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Clearly visible is the re-used chess board on the top tunnel of the diffuser.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

di44ety
di44ety

futnaw
futnaw

PlatinumZealot

RacingManiac wrote:
The FOZ wrote:
Most of the bends on these exhaust are almost impossible to bend by machine, simply because of the packaging room, which in F1 cars is miniscule compare to just about anything else. You can match the exhaust length with handmade primaries, just takes a lot of work and a lot of welding....
Hydroformed exhaust pipes maybe.. Like what is used on the BMW M5 and M3.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028