Ferrari 675 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: Ferrari 675 Speculation Thread

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 00:39
Is there any evidence of the RB flexi wing at all? Or is it just speculation. Normally if something flexing and getting that much advantage....people pick up on it, and it gets analysed.
The problem is that if Ferrari is wrong, but choose to go down such a path, then they might get blindsided by a mid-season regs change.

Front wings is an area where you wonder if other teams saving the political/regulatory rug pull for a tight championship battle.

Vanja #66

chrisc90 wrote:
Is there any evidence of the RB flexi wing at all? Or is it just speculation. Normally if something flexing and getting that much advantage....people pick up on it, and it gets analysed.
All wings flex to some extent, front and rear. I noticed there were discussions on RB18 and W13 threads about which flex more, but I didn't pay too much attention. It might be plain wrong and pure baseless gossip, I'm just forwarding some info I find that makes sense to me. :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

jordanb
jordanb

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Jan 2023, 01:42
chrisc90 wrote:
The problem is that if Ferrari is wrong, but choose to go down such a path, then they might get blindsided by a mid-season regs change.

Front wings is an area where you wonder if other teams saving the political/regulatory rug pull for a tight championship battle.
It has always been a problem with Ferrari that they go without a Plan B on loophole exploitation. If some team gets a sniff and then get the FIA to act on it, Ferrari loses performance and cannot compensate. Pure gambling. They need to evolve on this and should weigh the cost, benefit, secresy and maintainability of such loop hole exploitation.

Andi76
Andi76

Vanja #66 wrote:
16 Jan 2023, 11:03
Andi76 wrote:
16 Jan 2023, 08:40
In an effort to reduce drag, efforts have been made to clean up the flows surrounding the side pods. In this regard, it should be noted that the bulky sidepods that characterized the F1-75 are not the major cause of the drag generated by the car. On the contrary, wider sidepods can help ward off turbulence generated by the front wheels.

But then why couldn't the Maranello car produce an adequate aerodynamic penetration coefficient? The simplest explanation is to associate the greater drag with less effective wake management with regard to the front wheels, which was certainly better than the W13, but inferior when compared to that generated by the RB18.

From such a context we can extrapolate a reasoned consequence, which prompted the engineers in red to rectify the lower area where the "old" bargeboards were positioned, to be clear. The purpose is to increase the outwash effect, a neuralgic theme in today's Formula One cars.

Not sure I agree with this section, others seem ok. Bellow the inlets sidepods were really blunt and clearly induced outwashing. They certainly provided better front wheel wake outwash than RB18, which provided none of it with sidepods, only with floor boards.

Completely agree. The high pressure zone under the sidepod inlets gave Ferrari an advantage over Red Bull in terms of tyre management. And because of that, this was exactly the section of the article i doubted.

Here's an article that talks about a change to the new car that I think is correct, but also pretty obvious because always a goal:

https://scuderiafans.com/f1-ferrari-let ... radiators/

ing.

Andi76 wrote:
18 Jan 2023, 02:04
Vanja #66 wrote:
16 Jan 2023, 11:03
Andi76 wrote:
16 Jan 2023, 08:40
In an effort to reduce drag, efforts have been made to clean up the flows surrounding the side pods. In this regard, it should be noted that the bulky sidepods that characterized the F1-75 are not the major cause of the drag generated by the car. On the contrary, wider sidepods can help ward off turbulence generated by the front wheels.

But then why couldn't the Maranello car produce an adequate aerodynamic penetration coefficient? The simplest explanation is to associate the greater drag with less effective wake management with regard to the front wheels, which was certainly better than the W13, but inferior when compared to that generated by the RB18.

From such a context we can extrapolate a reasoned consequence, which prompted the engineers in red to rectify the lower area where the "old" bargeboards were positioned, to be clear. The purpose is to increase the outwash effect, a neuralgic theme in today's Formula One cars.

Not sure I agree with this section, others seem ok. Bellow the inlets sidepods were really blunt and clearly induced outwashing. They certainly provided better front wheel wake outwash than RB18, which provided none of it with sidepods, only with floor boards.

Completely agree. The high pressure zone under the sidepod inlets gave Ferrari an advantage over Red Bull in terms of tyre management. And because of that, this was exactly the section of the article i doubted.

Here's an article that talks about a change to the new car that I think is correct, but also pretty obvious because always a goal:

https://scuderiafans.com/f1-ferrari-let ... radiators/
There’s also, in my opinion, another consideration related to the shape of the undercut; on F1-75 the section change (where the undercut widens)—and so the development of a low pressure area—happens farther upstream than on the RB.

The location of this low pressure area—acting on the floor upper surface—may be positioned strategically to reduce the amount of air getting drawn into the underbody or working with the flow being outwashed with the help of the underbody strakes on the Ferrari. With the undercut on the RB widened farther back, they are obviously tuning this to support some other flow characteristics.

organic

If the Maranello Simulator isn't giving off the wrong numbers, the Ferrari 675, which will finally be presented in attendance on Valentine's Day in Maranello, will start off strong. Tomorrow article on
@formu1a__uno
with
@GiulyDuchessa
Will look out for & post the article when it appears

Sevach
Sevach

sbrillo
sbrillo

here it is the article: https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-675-ove ... simulator/

Scuderia Ferrari has announced it will present its new 2023 car on February 14th, Valentine’s Day. Contrary to previous reports, the car launch will take place in Maranello – rather than Imola. According to our information, this decision has been influenced by time fast running out to organize the logistics of the presentation. Although there have been some delays in producing the 2023 car, there is a sense of calm in the factory...

<edited as it was a whole copy>

Venturiation
Venturiation

1 second faster :shock: :shock:

No way Redbull or Mercedes can catch up

Mercedes will be 3rd or 4th again

Vanja #66

Strongly suspect numbers are made up. I really hate Italian press hyping everything up in the winter...

#BlessYouLaddie

Andi76
Andi76

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 13:05
Strongly suspect numbers are made up. I really hate Italian press hyping everything up in the winter...
The italian press really is one of the problems of Ferrari. The 2023 cars were said to be around 0.5 secs slower and the 675 should be one second faster? These numbers are definetely made up, i agree.

Vaexa
Vaexa

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 13:05
Formu1a.uno and its lead writers (Duchessa/Donadoni) are very well connected with Ferrari and very reliable sources on this particular team, and aren't simple hype merchants (also see last year with TD039, when their initial reports on Ferrari being affected by the sharper tests on flexi planks turned out to be more accurate than vaunted AMuS').

If they report that Ferrari's sim says it's a second faster, I believe them. Simply writing off one of the best sources on Ferrari because ''Italian press'' is a little silly. Now the sim might be wrong, the numbers Ferrari are feeding it might be bogus, but that doesn't mean the source is wrong in conveying what Ferrari internally believe and conclude.

Blackout

These two guys didnt relay Gazzetta'ss latest hogwash about the PU power gains of the 4 manufacturers AFAIK, so they must be serious people.

Vanja #66

Andi76 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 13:43
The italian press really is one of the problems of Ferrari. The 2023 cars were said to be around 0.5 secs slower and the 675 should be one second faster? These numbers are definetely made up, i agree.
Either made-up or missing context, e.g 1s faster than same time last year (pre-season) or something like that. 1s faster than F1-75 in AD is absolutely mad.

#BlessYouLaddie

jumpingfish

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 13:58
Andi76 wrote:
19 Jan 2023, 13:43
Either made-up or missing context, e.g 1s faster than same time last year (pre-season) or something like that. 1s faster than F1-75 in AD is absolutely mad.
To be honest, I think it's small number for me. RB was faster than Ferrari so italians should find near two seconds per lap if they want to be safe. Be faster than F1-75 means 0.5 - 0.7s faster than RB18 so it's not the number I want to see in 2023 :(
Yes there is lap time increasing because of new regulations but it is only the second year of these cars, they should find much more speed.