Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wogx

Re: Oracle Red Bull Racing RB19 Speculation Thread

It would be funny if they won the 2023 championship using RB18 :lol:
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

chrisc90

wogx wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 21:02
It would be funny if they won the 2023 championship using RB18 :lol:
They probably would if they used the lighter chassis they had planned to introduce but didnt need to.

Vanja #66

According to so many rumours, all 2023 cars will be much faster than 2022 cars, even with floor changes, so... :mrgreen:

Looking at photos, the sidepod undercut looks slightly bigger and different shape, sidepods also have slightly different shape. Engine cannon vent is shaped slightly different, with a slight downward slope. However, floor looks to be some strange hybrid design.

Doesn't look like latest RB18 with new livery

Edit 3: scratch all that, its RB18 hybrid with a few strange parts...
Last edited by Vanja #66 on 03 Feb 2023, 22:19, edited 3 times in total.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vanja #66 wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 22:08
According to so many rumours, all 2023 cars will be much faster than 2022 cars, even with floor changes, so... :mrgreen:
Well that's to be expected. The floor change still counts for something because one team told the F1 that they would suck up the track surface with their dangerous levels of cp otherwise :wink:

They'll only kick up dust now.

chrisc90

I cant help but think that its going to be similar to last year for Red Bull when we only got to see the car when it rolled out the garage in testing.

Just needs the 'What we driving' track from Fast and Furious editing over it.

Holm86

I understand that there's no point in showing the real RB19 so long before testing, but I swear they're insulting our intelligence by calling it the RB19 when it's clearly the RB18.
Even the mirrors are 22 spec, they should be much bigger if it was their real 23 model.
But yeah we won't se the real Red Bull until the first day of testing

Venturiation
Venturiation

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 22:13
Vanja #66 wrote:
03 Feb 2023, 22:08
Well that's to be expected. The floor change still counts for something because one team told the F1 that they would suck up the track surface with their dangerous levels of cp otherwise :wink:

They'll only kick up dust now.
What’s the point of this conspiracy theory ?

carisi2k

Did anybody really expect anything different. This was really just to announce the ford partnership and the netflix viewers are that dumb they wouldn't know whether it is RB18 or RB19. I still think the RB18 even with the new floor could win the 23 championship. That chassis had a lot of potential that went unexploited because of the salary cap and I still think the actual RB19 won't look too dissimilar to the RB18.

sbrillo
sbrillo

What a bunch of clowns they are. They brought on stage the rb18 but they referred to it as the rb19. Also they introduce Ford with Honda logo visible on stage. Very classy

Holm86

carisi2k wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 01:36
Did anybody really expect anything different. This was really just to announce the ford partnership and the netflix viewers are that dumb they wouldn't know whether it is RB18 or RB19. I still think the RB18 even with the new floor could win the 23 championship. That chassis had a lot of potential that went unexploited because of the salary cap and I still think the actual RB19 won't look too dissimilar to the RB18.
No, didn't expect anything different. But I'm very provocated by them actually trying to make us believe it's the RB19, rather than just keeping it a team launch or livery launch, stop saying it's a new car when it isn't.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Holm86 wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 03:55
carisi2k wrote:
No, didn't expect anything different. But I'm very provocated by them actually trying to make us believe it's the RB19, rather than just keeping it a team launch or livery launch, stop saying it's a new car when it isn't.
Now aren't we being overly pedantic? They haven't forced us to believe anything. There was no requirement to view the launch either.

The anticipation was always going to be the 1st day of testing in Bahrain for f1technical nerds.

Chuckjr

Holm86 wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 03:55
carisi2k wrote:
???

It’s like this every year with the sharp end teams. When there isn’t a huge aero overhaul they just park last years car with a new costume under the lights and cameras. Nothing new here.

Seems RB have taken the Ron Dennis approach to livery’s: don’t change much, ever.
Watching F1 since 1986.

sbrillo
sbrillo

In defence of Ron Dennis, the McLaren Livery late 90s - early 2000s was very very beautiful

ringo

The car will be a zero pod design. :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

organic

ringo wrote:
04 Feb 2023, 17:54
The car will be a zero pod design. :mrgreen:
Wouldn't they need a chassis with huge undercuts for the radiators ?

And if they were going to bring that new spec chassis in 2022 (but delayed it for 2023) that would've been impossible to bring on the RB18 (if it was designed for zeropods in mind)

additionally the new chassis after summer break was just rumoured to be a layup / material change not a complete redesign, suggesting zeropods not to be coming.