2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cs98
Cs98

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 03:36
chrisc90 wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 22:34
I think there is bigger gains to be made from the ERS recovery and deployment than single digit gains from the PU. Unless you look at the broader power/torque band rather than the peak numbers that are only good for pub talk.

How much extra deployment and power RBPT have up their sleeve they didnt use last year will be the crucial question/statement that gets made. We already know the RBPT ERS was the most efficient on the grid in terms of the clipping on straights.

With the lighter tub not being debuted in 2022 we know we have a decent gain to be made from that.

I have every faith we will be in the top 2 teams come quali/race day - and unless there is another setup mishap (austria 2022 for example) then the car will be very competitive come Sunday aswell.

Not forgetting we have Hannah Schmitz on the pitwall too. One of, if not the best, strategist(s) teams' in F1.
Best to give up on this. For years people saying this and it's not really how it works! It's not horsepower for horsepower.

The PU will always be king when it comes to power gains as the Electrical side is literally limited on the power output side. Also note that Honda specifically speaks of the MGUK.

What was really being noticed by the Mercedes staff, was that Honda had a "robust" MGUK. Meaning, the MGUK can be run harder an cooler in different conditions, generate energy from a wider range of speeds, with smarter functions. The power is limited to 120kW. The Harvesting to the battery from the MGUK is also limited. So this "robustness" is the Advantage.
Well obviously it’s fixed in terms of max power output, you are about 9 years late on that. That doesn’t mean the deployment cannot be improved in terms of more being available across a lap.

Bill
Bill

Cs98 wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 09:46
PlatinumZealot wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:
20 Feb 2023, 22:34
I think there is bigger gains to be made from the ERS recovery and deployment than single digit gains from the PU. Unless you look at the broader power/torque band rather than the peak numbers that are only good for pub talk.

How much extra deployment and power RBPT have up their sleeve they didnt use last year will be the crucial question/statement that gets made. We already know the RBPT ERS was the most efficient on the grid in terms of the clipping on straights.

With the lighter tub not being debuted in 2022 we know we have a decent gain to be made from that.

I have every faith we will be in the top 2 teams come quali/race day - and unless there is another setup mishap (austria 2022 for example) then the car will be very competitive come Sunday aswell.

Not forgetting we have Hannah Schmitz on the pitwall too. One of, if not the best, strategist(s) teams' in F1.
Best to give up on this. For years people saying this and it's not really how it works! It's not horsepower for horsepower.

The PU will always be king when it comes to power gains as the Electrical side is literally limited on the power output side. Also note that Honda specifically speaks of the MGUK.

What was really being noticed by the Mercedes staff, was that Honda had a "robust" MGUK. Meaning, the MGUK can be run harder an cooler in different conditions, generate energy from a wider range of speeds, with smarter functions. The power is limited to 120kW. The Harvesting to the battery from the MGUK is also limited. So this "robustness" is the Advantage.
Well obviously it’s fixed in terms of max power output, you are about 9 years late on that. That doesn’t mean the deployment cannot be improved in terms of more being available across a lap.
mguh deployment is not limited and is not true that their mguk is robust they had a lot of reliability with these part like in hungary

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Bill wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 20:36
Cs98 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

mguh deployment is not limited and is not true that their mguk is robust they had a lot of reliability with these part like in hungary

"Robust" isn't the right word for what Mercedes was trying to express. The point is the Honda MGU-K is just better. It harvest more energy and is able to deploy longer than other PUs.
A lion must kill its prey.

organic

Where were RB using the floor edge wing through the second half of last season?

PlatinumZealot

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 20:51
Bill wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

"Robust" isn't the right word for what Mercedes was trying to express. The point is the Honda MGU-K is just better. It harvest more energy and is able to deploy longer than other PUs.

Wait a sec. They literally used word robust hence why I quoted it. Would have to find that quote... But it was said..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 05:32
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 20:51
Bill wrote:

Wait a sec. They literally used word robust hence why I quoted it. Would have to find that quote... But it was said..
I'm not debating your memory.

I'm only saying that "robust" is an unclear way of expressing the advantages of the Honda PU. I don't know if it's a british or german idiom.
A lion must kill its prey.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

''MGU-H deployment is not limitted''. While MGU-H is not limitted, The ammount of power that can be released by the MGU-K is limitted by the technical regukulations to 4 MJ per lap.

BlueCheetah66
BlueCheetah66

organic wrote:
21 Feb 2023, 21:03
Where were RB using the floor edge wing through the second half of last season?
I believe their 'Ice Skate' was using the floor edge wing rules to be legal

organic

Change of schedule it's now:

Max/max
Max/Checo
Checo/checo

kediown

organic wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 15:08

Max/max
Max/Checo
Checo/checo

Guess they made an error, now both are driving Friday afternoon :lol:

organic

kediown wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 15:13
organic wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 15:08

Max/max
Max/Checo
Checo/checo

Guess they made an error, now both are driving Friday afternoon :lol:
:mrgreen: it's going well for the admin

Henk_v
Henk_v

First they decided in '22 not to participatie in every qualy run. Now they give their drivers a morning off during testing. Those guys are really, really sure. Scary.

organic

Henk_v wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 15:19
First they decided in '22 not to participatie in every qualy run. Now they give their drivers a morning off during testing. Those guys are really, really sure. Scary.
Max will drive Thursday and Friday afternoon can mean, and likely in this context does mean, that he will drive Thursday all day and Friday only the afternoon

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/82227726 ... le-sessies
“I feel nice and relaxed on the way to the new season,” says Verstappen. “The time for testing is so limited, so hopefully we will have some solid days without too many problems. It is important to have smooth sessions. The team has worked hard over the winter and I hope the RB19 is another good car to compete at the front.”

PlatinumZealot

saviour stivala wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 07:59
''MGU-H deployment is not limitted''. While MGU-H is not limitted, The ammount of power that can be released by the MGU-K is limitted by the technical regukulations to 4 MJ per lap.
For my memory, the Honda MGUK specifically was sited as an advantage starting in 2022, and it was described as very "robust." So make of that what you will!

I interpret it to mean it has smarter modes and can be run much harder over wider ranges.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

organic

https://www.krone.at/2936930

Couple of quotes:
There are also quite positive signals from the still engine partner Honda ...
There is an increase in power that we can release without it harming reliability.
Nothing revolutionary?
No. Evolution of the RB18, not revolution. But we also studied with the "Weight Watchers" and reduced the weight.
Because of the budget overrun, Red Bull has had wind tunnel time cut. Do you have to go into Thursday's tests in Bahrain with a queasy feeling?
We knew that our work had to sit in the wind tunnel, there was no room for experimentation. In 2022 we had the best car - if this one, which was finished in time, works, which I am convinced it will, the queasy feeling is rather modest.
we want to defend both titles. But I don't expect a season as dominant as 2022.