Aston Martin AMR23

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
F1doc
F1doc

Re: Aston Martin AMR23

organic wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 20:53
Vanja #66 wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 20:47
Anyone interested in a quick CFD of AMR23-like sidepod design? Might have some time this weekend, I'm interested in how much downwash they could induce
yes plz
I second this, but only if it doesn't inconvenience you.

Egresi Tamás
Egresi Tamás

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

EJ22B
EJ22B

organic wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 18:16
https://i.imgur.com/7JhXvr4.png
Flowiz on one entire side isn't usually a good sign. Bsport said in one of his last year's barcelona test video that teams do this when they struggle for correlation.

hollus

No, they are testing. More flo-viz, more data acquisition, that is what testing is for. Flo-viz is just another sensor.
Rivals, not enemies.

F1doc
F1doc

EJ22B wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 21:13
organic wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 18:16
https://i.imgur.com/7JhXvr4.png
Flowiz on one entire side isn't usually a good sign. Bsport said in one of his last year's barcelona test video that teams do this when they struggle for correlation.
If I recall correctly, Alonso went out with the Flo Viz just as the VSC came on in the last 15 mins. Spraying one whole side meant more data at a time when no performance running could happen. I think it was planned.

Venturiation
Venturiation

new floor tomorrow

makecry
makecry

Venturiation wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 00:19
new floor tomorrow

Can someone translate/summarize the bit on AMR?

edgelo
edgelo

Vanja #66 wrote:
23 Feb 2023, 20:47
Anyone interested in a quick CFD of AMR23-like sidepod design? Might have some time this weekend, I'm interested in how much downwash they could induce
Of course, i would appreciate it so much!

Redragon

makecry wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 00:21
Venturiation wrote:
new floor tomorrow

They talk more or less same that on the group has been said. They are playing down expectations as they don’t want to be too excited in case. About floor they said it was broken because the guy on the back fail to lift it when pitting and damage floor. And the team decided to take their time to fix properly to gather important data. No new floor just the floor fixed) They got info from team
( I am guessing Pedro de la rosa who used to work on same tv channel than them) that the data in track correlates well on data factory so far. Other of highlights they talk about but not sure how much is truth or speculation from them, it is Alonso didn’t modify the set up in all day, even when he wear the new Tyre the engineer asked Alonso to change front wing settings and Alonso denied so he can and team learn properly about the car. And despite no changes on settings Alonso manage the second time and improve the car all day, so they see that as really optimistic. And that’s all in general views what they talk about. But they are trying to play down the optimism.

edgelo
edgelo

makecry wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
new floor tomorrow

They are no experts, but the one on the left has feedback directly from Alonso’s entourage.

Some things they said:

- every run was made with the same fuel load

- they didn’t make any setup changes. In one run Alonso was fitted with a brand new C3 tyre set, and he was told to trim front wing accordingly but he preferred to stay on the same setup to see the differe. So no time hunting at all.

- they had a second floor but it was no equipped with all the sensors and some aero foils, so they are going to work tonight in order to mount it tomorrow. They didn’t told if it’s similar than seen today or different.

- quite good correlation between WT and track as said by Pedro DLR

organic

edgelo wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 01:47
makecry wrote:
Venturiation wrote:
new floor tomorrow

They are no experts, but the one on the left has feedback directly from Alonso’s entourage.

Some things they said:

- they didn’t make any setup changes. In one run Alonso was fitted with a brand new C3 tyre set, and he was told to trim front wing accordingly but he preferred to stay on the same setup to see the differe. So no time hunting at all.

- they had a second floor but it was no equipped with all the sensors and some aero foils, so they are going to work tonight in order to mount it tomorrow. They didn’t told if it’s similar than seen today or different.

Ok this is speculation but I believe the floor tomorrow may have an s-duct just an inkling :D

organic wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 01:52
edgelo wrote:
24 Feb 2023, 01:47
makecry wrote:

Some things they said:

Ok this is speculation but I believe the floor tomorrow may have an s-duct just an inkling :D
The legality area the s-duct needs to occupy doesn’t extend vertically to the floor, so prob not.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

diffuser

They really don't want to shy away from green in anyway this year! Even Green Flow-vis! :)

f1rules
f1rules

interesting detail, AM inspired by last years mclaren, do not attach the floor inlet to the side of the chassis, but instead to the frontbib, using some of the flow around the sidepod