2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

BrunoH wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 03:39
least number os laps done, again an issue around the brake area.. cmon they did not learn the first time?
thats a problem.
No real motivation is what i see is the worst thing in the team.

Lando is starting to fume..... and i guess this year we might be in the fight with Williams.
its just a horror show over there.
I do hope im really wrong but seems we will be fighting for the bottom 4, rather then the top 3! bu again when the target is to be number 4, your already planning to be a loser.
As a racing driver myself and a business owner im always planning to be fighting at least for some podiums and wins even if i know its not always possible.
they had a GP2 engine, and now they have a GP2 chassis....
They didn't have gp2 engine. The time you talked they had again gp2 car.
When they fire Eric they made a step forward now it is time for zak for a bigger step forward

proteus

BrunoH wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 03:39
As a racing driver myself and a business owner im always planning to be fighting at least for some podiums and wins even if i know its not always possible.
So when you dont deliver someone could say and treat you the same as you are doing it here. The only difference is that you predict results that you dont achieve.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

CjC wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 21:31
Literally he’s smashing walls down in the garage🤣🤣
Has he been crying? 🤣🤣😭😭
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 23:53
AR3-GP wrote:
26 Feb 2023, 17:36
How do we know that Seidl didn't run to avoid the embarrassment that he must have had a hand in? A long stay with Mclaren could have damaged his reputation, even if Mclaren's results were the result of his own leadership. Surely one can see this angle?

Seidl is highly lauded for his success with the Porsche LMP1 but how do we know he is capable of turning an F1 team around?
This is where I'm going! It would have been an awful culmination of his years there. Like what happen Andreas?!! Where did it all go wrong?

Andreas seems the type of guy to quietly leave without hinting at his troubles.

People seem to misunderstand where I am going with this. I'm basically suggesting the possibility that the McLaren of Zack Brown might never be a championship winning team. The Focus is too diluted. Anyway back to your scheduled programme!
Completely disagree, your assessment of the situation is completely flawed and inaccurate. Seidl didn't leave to be TP of Audi, he didn't leave to return to his old job or head another lower motorsport category. He left to become CEO of Audi in F1. He's running the whole programme! He's on Zak Brown's level now, in a bigger company. If there's a more apt definition of a "no brainer", I haven't seen it yet. Vowles left Mercedes to become Williams TP, what does that say? People naturally want to progress. Seidl also informed Zak of his desire to join Audi at the end of his contract in 2025, but Zak felt it was better now.
Also it's been reported that Seidl was Ferrari TP first choice, but turned them down. So?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

etusch

Can they sign with Binotto as TP, or will he go to Audi too. I think he is very good choise out there available.

Lucky
Lucky

djos

etusch wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 10:45
Can they sign with Binotto as TP, or will he go to Audi too. I think he is very good choise out there available.
Maclaren don’t need Binotto, they need a TP. Binotto was out of his depth as a TP, he’s best going back to being a TD.
"In downforce we trust"

etusch

djos wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 11:38
etusch wrote:
Maclaren don’t need Binotto, they need a TP. Binotto was out of his depth as a TP, he’s best going back to being a TD.
I think he will be best like TD but can be TP too. But he should another one near to him to handle race operations. Even in worse scenario he is still far better than Zak.

djos

etusch wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 11:41
djos wrote:
etusch wrote:
I think he will be best like TD but can be TP too. But he should another one near to him to handle race operations. Even in worse scenario he is still far better than Zak.
Binotto is an Excellent technical leader, he just seems to lack the strategic and political side needed to be an effective TP.

Zac manages the commercial side of McLaren, not the racing side. Any blame for the racing org should fall on Andreas.
"In downforce we trust"

the EDGE
the EDGE

Is there a reason people want to replace Stella before the season has even begun?

If there is a weakness in McLaren, its currently coming from the Aero dept. Only time will tell if that is an infrastructure issue, or a leadership issue. If it turns out to be a leadership issue then that has nothing to do with Stella, his line manager was Siedl, and he should have taken care of it

djos

Good question, I’m not one of them. I think Stella is quite capable.
"In downforce we trust"

FW17

the EDGE wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 11:55
Is there a reason people want to replace Stella before the season has even begun?

If there is a weakness in McLaren, its currently coming from the Aero dept. Only time will tell if that is an infrastructure issue, or a leadership issue. If it turns out to be a leadership issue then that has nothing to do with Stella, his line manager was Siedl, and he should have taken care of it
A lot of mechanical problems too, that has not been addressed.
Maybe they should buy there entire suspension from a works team as a temp measure.

Emag
Emag

Seems like a load of bullshit in general. With the numbers he has put, it means all teams have lost ground to RedBull apart from Aston Martin and Williams.

And that seems very unlikely.

McLaren being 8th for the first couple of races is believable though, just not by the margins he provided.

diffuser

djos wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 11:45
etusch wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 11:41
djos wrote:

Binotto is an Excellent technical leader, he just seems to lack the strategic and political side needed to be an effective TP.

Zac manages the commercial side of McLaren, not the racing side. Any blame for the racing org should fall on Andreas.
Binotto was managing the strategy, was making calls based on his strategy people.

EJ22B
EJ22B

The overreaction here is unbelievable. There is no need to fire senior personnel as that won't help address the issues.

The team said last season that they are short on personnel which has caused several issues including the development on the future and current projects.

McLaren simply just need to address and improve the processes so that these issues don't appear again.