2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

organic wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 01:12
AR3-GP wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 01:10
Regardless of Alpine's pace, I think Alonso is the more complete driver.
But you need both drivers

Can Alonso compensate for drugo/stroll? Compared to Ocon/Gasly, maybe to be honest
Alonso has said the car is predictable and easy enough to drive, so if that is the case then it could be possible that Stroll makes less mistakes than normal. Also you have to take into account the Alpine intra team rivalry effect, them being too close might be their own doom as well.

But the unlucky cycling accident could definitely hurt us.

F1doc
F1doc

KimiRai wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 01:25
I don't wish ill on Lance - but for the team this is probably going to turn out really well with his injury. Yes, Lance has earned time in F1 through junior categories, but by now he should be showing his craft far better, an example being the clash with Alonso at COTA last year.

A new driver will bring fresh perspective like how Alpha Tauri have stated Nick de Vries has done for them. Drugovich isn't a generational talent, but he's clearly skilled and didn't become F2 champion by luck. Give him a few races and let Lance properly recover and then reassess.

The higher powers at AM really want Lance in the car, but is it in everyone's interest? What would happen if he had a shunt and his injury limited him getting out? MotoGP is different from that respect by being on a vehicle rather than strapped in.

KimiRai
KimiRai

F1doc wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 02:28
The higher powers at AM really want Lance in the car, but is it in everyone's interest?
It seems so, because the team needs a benchmark on which to compare feedback from the AMR22. Alonso is extremely experienced but he's new to the team, same as Drugovich. Stroll's feedback would have helped, even if it feels funny to say that. Stroll is no idiot.

F1doc
F1doc

KimiRai wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 02:47
F1doc wrote:
The higher powers at AM really want Lance in the car, but is it in everyone's interest?
It seems so, because the team needs a benchmark on which to compare feedback from the AMR22. Alonso is extremely experienced but he's new to the team, same as Drugovich. Stroll's feedback would have helped, even if it feels funny to say that. Stroll is no idiot.
Sorry, I didn't express myself well. Lance can have that seat back eventually, but right now why the rush to send him back in when fitness is in question? His recovery is more important than risking a worse injury or injury to another if he isn't able to control his car.

This opportunity can be used to let someone else shine, like de Vries did at Monza.

diffuser

F1doc wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 01:25
I don't wish ill on Lance - but for the team this is probably going to turn out really well with his injury. Yes, Lance has earned time in F1 through junior categories, but by now he should be showing his craft far better, an example being the clash with Alonso at COTA last year.

A new driver will bring fresh perspective like how Alpha Tauri have stated Nick de Vries has done for them. Drugovich isn't a generational talent, but he's clearly skilled and didn't become F2 champion by luck. Give him a few races and let Lance properly recover and then reassess.

The higher powers at AM really want Lance in the car, but is it in everyone's interest? What would happen if he had a shunt and his injury limited him getting out? MotoGP is different from that respect by being on a vehicle rather than strapped in.
It isn't a democracy, so why bother bringing it up. Lance owns the team. He will drive if he wants to and is healthy.

Henk_v
Henk_v

They did fit larger mirrors in '23. It can't be excluded from thought Stroll starts using them.

organic

Stroll travels to Oxford to try the sim, it is rumoured

max_speed
max_speed

Very happy to see AMR going with winning mindset than building an EL Infinity Plan. Look at this article : https://gptoday.com/full_story/view/874 ... ine__Ocon/ glad to see alonso is out of alpine.

Henk_v
Henk_v

organic wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 13:48

Stroll travels to Oxford to try the sim, it is rumoured
Those are some long sleeves....

Alonso Fan

F1doc wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 02:54
KimiRai wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 02:47
F1doc wrote:
Sorry, I didn't express myself well. Lance can have that seat back eventually, but right now why the rush to send him back in when fitness is in question? His recovery is more important than risking a worse injury or injury to another if he isn't able to control his car.

This opportunity can be used to let someone else shine, like de Vries did at Monza.
I don't think there's a rush. I think they do have his best interests at heart. I just think we are focusing too much on rumours about his injury and assuming the worst. We don't know the extent of his injury. He might have very realistic prospects of a full recovery and they're just not 100% sure yet hence the announcement of his replacement should he not be fit enough
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

organic

The Aston martin hype train is real and has certainly left the station at testing

And Alonso drives the train

https://streamable.com/h68y5n
"The last day we did a race simulation, we put fuel for 57 laps. Ferrari was doing the same program as us and we were faster"
It may be true but most often teams do not do this nando

F1doc
F1doc

organic wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 15:44
"The last day we did a race simulation, we put fuel for 57 laps. Ferrari was doing the same program as us and we were faster"
It may be true but most often teams do not do this nando
Oh no... Hubris comes to mind.

NAPI10
NAPI10

AM's marketing team must be in full swing to sign new sponsors using this hype ride....if car is really that competitive; the real estate value on the car will also go up.

DGP123
DGP123

Agree, all about the marketing now.

That smug grin is unbearable. Can’t stand the bloke. Glad that AM are moving in the right direction, but Alonso is just incredibly unlikeable.

Mansell89
Mansell89

DGP123 wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 16:33
Agree, all about the marketing now.

That smug grin is unbearable. Can’t stand the bloke. Glad that AM are moving in the right direction, but Alonso is just incredibly unlikeable.
Ah come on man- the guy is one of the most complete drivers on track- we’ve been robbed of his duels with Max, Lewis and Charles for far too long- you cannot knock the guys sheer drive and passion for racing, he’s box office!

I used to not like him but over the years as I’ve understood the British press and marvelled at his fighting spirit and patience, I came around.

The sport needs more teams taki the fight- and good luck to Aston if they can pull off the unlikely and get in the mix.