2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Slahinki
Slahinki

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Mclarenfanboy wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 10:46
Slowly, Mclaren is turning in kind of a team where driver career goes to die. Ok, Piastri burned his bridges to Alpine , but there are 8, maybe 9 teams in the future that will take him, so for him Mclaren is a good deal. But , Lando, please get the f.... out of there soon. Guy , it will never gonna happen, Perez is not going to drive forever. ;-), you need to jump that ship ASAP , money is not worth it.
Ah, yes. Because going to a team with an incredibly well defined No. 1 driver in Verstappen is such a great idea. Also, can't say you seem much like a McLaren fan, talking about the team the way you do.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Quite surprised so many pundits are putting Aston as 3rd. I guess they forgot how Mercedes usually does their testing (with sand spilling out). Shows how easily influenced they are.

I would be surprised if McLaren is worse than 5th.

Lucky
Lucky

FittingMechanics wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 11:12
Quite surprised so many pundits are putting Aston as 3rd. I guess they forgot how Mercedes usually does their testing (with sand spilling out). Shows how easily influenced they are.

You'll be very surprised. McLaren will not get into Q3.

proteus

Ground Effect wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 11:04
genarro wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 06:35
What is will buxton even doing in f1 gUys... He is a joke. And lawrence berreto the same. I have checked time and time again on the official f1 page after fp1 and fp2 their assesement of who looks good before a race and they have never ever got it even remotely right..(usualy they just use the times in fp2 and call it a day)

These "experts" can go and kiss me where the sun doesnt shine
Will Buxton's tech analysis: Lando punched a wall = McLaren 10th.
Will Buxton is basically Netflix on two legs. I saw his statement and he was overselling "the punch" as much as he could.

I have no doubts Lando was frustrated when being told car needs a fix, and he hit that curtain in the process when getting out, but probably not playing a Mike Tysons PunchOut...

We will see what will happen, maybe indeed another slow start of the season. The difference between Mclaren and other midfielders is that others have strong starts and they than fade away, while Mclaren most of the time managed to climb trough tge season.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

genarro
genarro

Lucky wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 11:14
FittingMechanics wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 11:12

You'll be very surprised. McLaren will not get into Q3.
Mclaren will not get into q1.. After fp1 they will be too slow to even enter fp2 all of you forum experts are completely right..

Lando first punched, kicked and destroyed a whole wall... James Key is next.. Who knows what then...

_cerber1

genarro wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 12:36
Mclaren will not get into q1.. After fp1 they will be too slow to even enter fp2 all of you forum experts are completely right..

Lando first punched, kicked and destroyed a whole wall... James Key is next.. Who knows what then...
I kind of heard that they will start their season in Baku and skip the first three races to keep Lando from more extensive destruction. :-"

M840TR
M840TR

Lucky wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 11:10
Mclarenfanboy wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 10:46
Slowly, Mclaren is turning in kind of a team where driver career goes to die. Ok, Piastri burned his bridges to Alpine , but there are 8, maybe 9 teams in the future that will take him, so for him Mclaren is a good deal. But , Lando, please get the f.... out of there soon. Guy , it will never gonna happen, Perez is not going to drive forever. ;-), you need to jump that ship ASAP , money is not worth it.
From the autorsport forum
on the Sky Sports F1 show last night they stated that Lando has 'gone ballistic' with the team behind the scenes. They were intimating he has said the car isn't good enough (again) and if it doesn't improve fast he will be looking elsewhere.
This is quoting a comment on a website, which itself quotes something someone said on a TV show that we have no way of verifying. Brilliant.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Mclaren get lapped in qualifying and get DQ'd from the season for being too slow. You heard it here first.

MrGapes

Part of me wants the car to be fast in Bahrain just so I can hear what Will Buxton (pretty much all the Pundits) have to say after the race after making the entire pre season testing unbearable.

CjC
CjC

Lucky wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 11:10
genarro wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 12:36

From the autorsport forum
on the Sky Sports F1 show last night they stated that Lando has 'gone ballistic' with the team behind the scenes. They were intimating he has said the car isn't good enough (again) and if it doesn't improve fast he will be looking elsewhere.
Seriously? He’s gone ballistic to the point of punching, kicking and destroying a wall??

I can’t believe myself but it it’s true terminate his contract because that kind of attitude will be toxic to the team
Just a fan's point of view

mwillems

Terminate the contract of a talented driver because of a will to win and one outburst where he makes his feelings known?
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Seerix
Seerix

I am curious about AM performance compared to McLaren. AM infrastructure is still not completed I think, so in case they built a car much faster than MCL60 our 'excuses' sort of lose their meaning/weight.

CjC
CjC

mwillems wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 15:00
Terminate the contract of a talented driver because of a will to win and one outburst where he makes his feelings known?
Not getting drawn into this because it might not be true like I said.
Telling the team he’s not happy is one thing but throwing toys is another.

If you had a tradesman working at your house and he started kicking your bins about and had a tantrum - would you ask him to work for you again?

CjC
CjC

Seerix wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 15:05
I am curious about AM performance compared to McLaren. AM infrastructure is still not completed I think, so in case they built a car much faster than MCL60 our 'excuses' sort of lose their meaning/weight.
AM rent Mercedes’ state of the art wind tunnel

ValeVida46

mwillems wrote:
28 Feb 2023, 15:00
I personally feel that Buxton should be accountable for inciting some instability.
The twitter frenzy on this creates a real problem for the team and it's not the first time Buxton runs his tongue for clicks. He did backtrack later and suggest it "might have been playful", but the damage is done.

He's done McLaren, Lando and F1 no favours with this toxic gossip.