Red Bull RB19

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
organic

Re: Red Bull RB19

It's not looking good for us :mrgreen:

Vanja #66

You'll all have until the end of Q to spot and prove there are new parts :mrgreen: After all, they might want to hide them as long as possible :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

kediown

Maybe they're going to put new parts during Parc Ferme because of they're reading stuff here and want to have fun, right? :roll:

organic

I have consulted the archives and they have mounted the medium-high df wing again on the car which was used for most of testing. Seems to be their wing of choice for Bahrain. Not dueling ferrari for topspeed then perhaps

kediown

What are those stuff (under ROKT) on the sidepods?

Photo from Motorsport

organic

kediown wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 12:08
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... ork-1.webp
What are those stuff (under ROKT) on the sidepods?

Photo from Motorsport
Louvre panels. RB19 has some extra louvre panels on top of sidepods. For most of pre-season they were replaced with a smooth panel

nico5

organic wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 11:57
I have consulted the archives and they have mounted the medium-high df wing again on the car which was used for most of testing. Seems to be their wing of choice for Bahrain. Not dueling ferrari for topspeed then perhaps
It still is a lower df wing than their medium df wing from last year. It's somewhere halfway between the two specs they used for most of the season (Bahrain and Jeddah). I don't think there's gonna be a big gap in top speed at all. Ferrari only matched RB's medium df wing speed when they introduced the RW they ran in testing this year. Now RB has gone down a notch. If anything, RB might lose out in the acceleration if Ferrari's got some engine magic to show.

organic

nico5 wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 12:10
organic wrote:
It still is a lower df wing than their medium df wing from last year. It's somewhere halfway between the two specs they used for most of the season (Bahrain and Jeddah). I don't think there's gonna be a big gap in top speed at all. Ferrari only matched RB's medium df wing speed when they introduced the RW they ran in testing this year. Now RB has gone down a notch. If anything, RB might lose out in the acceleration if Ferrari's got some engine magic to show.

You reckon spec 1 is higher df than spec 2? I can't tell. So bad at judging these things. Angle on these photos is a bit different mind you

Last season it seemed like RB often had to use a compromised wing setup at medium-high df tracks such as Bahrain and Zandvoort. Seems to me that a med-high df wing was lacking in their lineup so would make sense if the wing on the car is that one

Vanja #66

Spec 1 is definitely slightly higher drag and downforce than Spec 2. In fact, Spec 2 might be decently lower drag than Spec 1 with not as big downforce loss.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

nico5

organic wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 12:12
nico5 wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 12:10
organic wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/3OHK2vU.png

You reckon spec 1 is higher df than spec 2? I can't tell. So bad at judging these things. Angle on these photos is a bit different mind you

Last season it seemed like RB often had to use a compromised wing setup at medium-high df tracks such as Bahrain and Zandvoort. Seems to me that a med-high df wing was lacking in their lineup so would make sense if the wing on the car is that one
Exactly, spec 1 is what they run for the race in 2022 (Bahrain, also in Australia, Imola, Canada, GB, Austria, Dutch, Japan, US, Brazil, Abu Dhabi). The gap with their lower df wing was indeed quite big but not huge, though there were times they seemed to wish to be able to run the lower df spec but just couldn't get the balance right with it (Abu Dhabi for instance). Spec 2 from testing seems to be the compromise they've gone for. I think it's what they ran most of the time in testing so they must be happy with it.

organic

As pointed out on Twitter by @Danielealofan the floor struts seem to be similar to last year - still metal and substantial

FW17

GrrG wrote:
01 Mar 2023, 14:29
red bull suspension modification

f1-motorsports-gp.com

Does that mean the rear axel has moved slightly forward?

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Looks more like the hub connections have moved forward.

Might help with the brake cooling flicks.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

organic

Autosport 📸

Autosport 📸

Autosport 📸

kediown

By Albert Fabrega