2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
max_speed
max_speed

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

My post was intended to be a light hearted one :)

basti313
basti313

stonehenge wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 15:46
So now that he's "fit" to race, do we know what actually happened? AMuS spoke to a few physical therapists in the paddock, and apparently, they were adamant that with a broken wrist, there would be no chance of him racing this weekend. It's all just so strange, especially now that he's been cleared, why not just come out and say what it was??
I have a scar in quite exactly the same position on my wrist...scaphoid fracture. This is a usual thing when falling down on your wrist.
For me it was 2 weeks...if the surgery was really good I do not see why there should be a big issue to race for him. The wrist might be a bit immobile, but I do not see a big issue if they can control the pain.
Don`t russel the hamster!

zoroastar

surprising. i guess he broke different bones than i did in the past. i remember trying to ride my bike after 2 or 3 weeks and it being excruciatingly painful, haha.

"I had surgery on my right wrist, so screws," he told reporters in Bahrain ahead of his track debut in the AMR23 this weekend. "It was just a small procedure, then physiotherapy and rehab to get me here.

"It hurts a bit but it feels good," he added, "it feels solid, nothing I haven't had before. I really felt like I could drive normally with a little bit more discomfort, but nothing that's stopping me from driving, like any excruciating pain or anything like that.

"Professional athletes in every sport are sometimes in a bit of discomfort," he continued, "and if I felt like it was not smart, or it was a risk of injuring myself more, if I felt like my bones weren't ready, I wouldn't do it.

"It's a long season, there are 23 races, it's not all about being in Bahrain," he insisted. "But I do feel confident, the doctors feel confident, and here I am."

In preparation for the weekend, he and the team leaving it until this morning before confirming his readiness to participate in the season opener, the Canadian spent time in the simulator.

"I was in the sim yesterday, the day before," he said. "We turned up the steering strength and I felt good winding on the lock and going over bumps and all those things."

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Interesting. Doesn't seem wise if there is a risk to re-aggravate it. Just ask Marc Marquez...

Henk_v
Henk_v

An opportunity for filipe to drive 22 races...

zoroastar

AR3-GP wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 18:58
Interesting. Doesn't seem wise if there is a risk to re-aggravate it. Just ask Marc Marquez...
i could see him running in the free practices to answer some of the questions that alonso was referring to after testing and then dropping out. but that wouldnt be doing much of a service to their reserve driver before the race. we shall see i guess.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

zoroastar wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 18:55

"I was in the sim yesterday, the day before," he said. "We turned up the steering strength and I felt good winding on the lock and going over bumps and all those things."
Yes Lance but how will you feel after 3 FPs and a full race distance....

zoroastar

from sky

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/30778 ... pectations

seems like everyone else thinks they will be in the front. hopefully fernando is just playing it cool. i think they could do real good this weekend, especially until a few other teams bring in some upgrades

NAPI10
NAPI10

Lance will compete in this weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix with screws in the wrist....
https://www.racefans.net/2023/03/02/str ... ing-crash/

Ouch....that must be painful.

Capharol
Capharol

NAPI10 wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 20:38
Lance will compete in this weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix with screws in the wrist....

i think he will not finish the race

JPower
JPower

Capharol wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 21:16
NAPI10 wrote:

i think he will not finish the race
With enough cortisone and adrenaline he should be OK for a couple of hours.

KimiRai
KimiRai

NAPI10 wrote:

Well it was just revealed recently that Fernando raced with broken bones in 2022... and also with the metallic plates in his jaw... these guys are something else man.

Also makes me think that the FIA medical checks are a joke.

KimiRai
KimiRai

This is some days old already but since I haven't seen it posted here I might as well do so.

It is now known (according to Alonso's girlfriend Andrea and also spanish journalist Lobato) that it wasn't just the Mercedes engine that Alonso was happy about during the post-season Abu Dhabi tests, it was the AMR22 itself too. In fact he didn't understand why they had such a difficult season with it. He was positively surprised as his expectations were lower before testing it.

falonso81

Not wise from Stroll. I would lose a race over my health any day. There is a chance he might be involved in an accident and risk further injury of his wrist.

F1doc
F1doc

A short behind the scenes. Much of it are the short clips that the team released in the build up to launch with filler sections.