2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
pursue_one's

Re: 2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

It was a really interesting talk.
Max Verstappen believes there is still more performance to come from rivals Mercedes, despite a troubled start to their 2023 campaign with the W14.

Although the car does not suffer from the same chronic problems as its predecessor, there are still some underlying issues that the team has to sort before the first race. However, Verstappen believes Mercedes have made more gains than Honda in their power unit performance, despite manufacturers only being limited to making improvements for reliability purposes.

"At Mercedes, I think they found something again. Of course everybody [classifies upgrades] under 'reliability', but there's just more performance coming out of it, and we're going to see," he told media, including RacingNews365.com.

"I definitely think they have made a step, maybe even a little more than us in terms of power. But in the end, most of it has to come from the car itself."

He continued: "Mercedes has also brought a different rear wing, so that will also be more efficient for them."
https://racingnews365.com/verstappen-me ... n-key-area

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 04:42
mkay wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 18:17
AR3-GP wrote:
02 Mar 2023, 18:06

I'm still going with the 6 tenths that Mercedes claimed. Reading between the lines, they are very much not expecting to be competitive.

Team already is focusing press saying how the car is "a solid foundation to build on".
Agreed. We'll find out for sure in 48 hours or so.

I have a feeling this is make or break for Elliott though. Or at least it should be.
Mercedes team spirit is so strong I don't think the car's performance will be put down to one man so that he can be unceremoniously fired like over at Ferrari. Each man knows his contribution and why they are lacking.
For the sake of team spirit they’d definitely say “Each man and woman know their contribution”

organic

Merc not confirming Ham's adherence to the jewellery regs. Making a stand against the BS rule or is this normal and Lewis has been granted further medical exemption from the rule already? And this could just be a formality?

pursue_one's

organic wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 12:02
https://preview.redd.it/t3iil90exhla1.j ... 622885f059

Merc not confirming Ham's adherence to the jewellery regs. Making a stand against the BS rule or is this normal and Lewis has been granted further medical exemption from the rule already? And this could just be a formality?
Lewis getting a second nose piercing over winter... :?

mkay
mkay

I wouldn't say this rule is BS. It is there for a reason to protect drivers in a life-threatening situation.

Hamilton should pick his fights with the FIA carefully.

chrisc90

Rules are rules.

Had more than enough time to sort it out over winter following his letters excluding him last year.
Yet he decides to get a second piercing.

Hope the FIA have a backbone and don’t let him compete

Stu

Dragged off topic again!!
The jewellery thing was discussed as nauseam last year, repeating the same arguments over & over again does not belong here in this TEAM thread; it is TEAM thread not a DRIVER pile-on thread.

Expect warnings to be issued if this carries on….
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

KeiKo403
KeiKo403

Re: Mercedes W14

Andi76 wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 12:46
I'll now quote what Toto Wolff just said on Sky Germany with regard to the sidepods: "We'll soon bring ourselves up to a level that looks similar to that of the competition. So it should be clear that Mercedes is abandoning the Zeropods with the announced changes to the sidepods and is making a creeping, gradual change.
Is that not more of a performance metric than a visual metric? I personally can see it from both perspectives.

myurr
myurr

KeiKo403 wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 12:55
Is that not more of a performance metric than a visual metric? I personally can see it from both perspectives.
That's how I'd read it. Mike Elliot has already confirmed explicitly that the revised car coming in a few races time is an evolution of the current concept and will not copy the Red Bull or Ferrari philosophy.

organic

Done and dusted. No further action

Here is the document

SiLo

myurr wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 12:57
KeiKo403 wrote:
That's how I'd read it. Mike Elliot has already confirmed explicitly that the revised car coming in a few races time is an evolution of the current concept and will not copy the Red Bull or Ferrari philosophy.
I assume it will get closer to looking like them but still be a clear evolution of what they have right now.
Felipe Baby!

Stu

organic wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 13:10

Here is the document
As a legal document (??), I wonder which of the piercings will be removed? The document refers to device (singular) rather than devices (plural).

Asking for a friend…
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

organic

Stu wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 13:27
organic wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 13:10

Here is the document
As a legal document (??), I wonder which of the piercings will be removed? The document refers to device (singular) rather than devices (plural).

Asking for a friend…
:o :lol: 8)

PlatinumZealot

Does the nose ring thing have to be in the team thread? Lol.

I think driver should be allowed personal peircings. Let them sign a waiver and be done with it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Stu

SiLo wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 13:27
myurr wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 12:57
KeiKo403 wrote:
I assume it will get closer to looking like them but still be a clear evolution of what they have right now.
In my opinion, both Mercedes & RedBull are already doing something very similar in intent in the inlet/mid-wing bodywork area, it is how the flow is managed afterwards where they differ.