2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alonso Fan

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

organic wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 22:33
Alonso Fan wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 22:30
All else being equal, podium might be possible. But I'll be happy with a top 5 finish
Wow, this is the most pessimistic I have seen an Alonso fan be today
I'm just so hyped that I'm trying to manage expectations so in the event of something going wrong or not as expected (like a crash), I'm not too disheartened
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

diffuser

Alonso Fan wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 08:35
organic wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 22:33
Alonso Fan wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 22:30
All else being equal, podium might be possible. But I'll be happy with a top 5 finish
Wow, this is the most pessimistic I have seen an Alonso fan be today
I'm just so hyped that I'm trying to manage expectations so in the event of something going wrong or not as expected (like a crash), I'm not too disheartened

All the singals so far look great. Remember, we donn't know anything "REAL" yet. The First tiny "REAL" step starts today in qualifing. The next one is tomorrow. Also remember that Bahrain is a brake hard, to a fairly slow speed, turn and go track. No real high speed corners. It's not a 1 off track but it's one of a few like that.

diffuser

aran.vtec wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 07:25
Jeez give stroll a break, If this was Lewis or max everyone would be saying what a true athlete they are and that's why they the best etc. Were people asking for Kubica to be pulled from the grid after his accident surely he was more compromised than stroll ? I cant remember but doubt it

I doubt he is going through all that pain for a few points they must truly believe that car can fight with the top 3 guess we will find out later today,
He gave himself two! ;)

He was evaluated in the simulator and determined to be good to go.

bucker
bucker

This man can't get out of the car. There is a rule that you must go out in few seconds.
Daddy Stroll must be paying someone if Lance will be allowed to race this race

BrunoH
BrunoH

if there is a romain kind of accident, that was at this circuit, this guy is dead,,,, very dangerous to race like this

Rikhart
Rikhart

BrunoH wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 12:25
if there is a romain kind of accident, that was at this circuit, this guy is dead,,,, very dangerous to race like this
This is absolutely silly, in such an event, adrenaline kicks in and he won't even notice any pain.

organic

Rikhart wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 12:28
BrunoH wrote:
This is absolutely silly, in such an event, adrenaline kicks in and he won't even notice any pain.
If you want to go down this path you can justify the extraction test being irrelevant.

Oh you can't get out in 7.5s reliably? Don't worry when adrenaline hits you will speed up and get stronger so you will be able to climb out no problem

The logic is crazy

He failed the extraction test and was only able to pass when given a second go. Since then driving more has only hurt stroll further and his performance on an extraction test will be decreasing as he drives/puts more strain on the injuries

max_speed
max_speed

" we are still P1, oh really ? Great". Looks like more to come. Race will be interesting

Alonso Fan

Aston must go all in this season with development. No more waiting for next year. It looks like they really are top 2. The red bull looks a handful at times and they haven't had a clean lap yet. Next year Aston risk being out developed like merc and ferrari have been. They have ATR on their side plus red bull's cost cap punishment. Really hope they make use of that advantage for this year's car
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Kalsi
Kalsi

BrunoH wrote:
FIA: "Piercings are dangerous, they must be removed"
Always FIA: "Stroll can race with a broken wrist and being visibly impaired in both driving and getting in/out of the car"

The Prodigy
The Prodigy

Kalsi wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 15:00
BrunoH wrote:
Always FIA: "Stroll can race with a broken wrist and being visibly impaired in both driving and getting in/out of the car"
Stroll wants to be in this car and race. So let him race!

Honestly I have a lot of respect for this guy. He is behind Alonso but he is fast and that without testing.

Zynerji

The Prodigy wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 15:42
Kalsi wrote:
BrunoH wrote:

Honestly I have a lot of respect for this guy. He is behind Alonso but he is fast and that without testing.
Stroll is quality. If the AMR23 is a contender, he's going to change some minds about his "Prince" status in daddy's team.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Zynerji wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 15:47
The Prodigy wrote:
Kalsi wrote:

Stroll is quality. If the AMR23 is a contender, he's going to change some minds about his "Prince" status in daddy's team.
It will go as well as 2020. Fast, but missing consistency.

PlatinumZealot

Drivers should be allowed to put them self in danger as long as they are not a threat to others IMO. This is the difference between piercings and a sprained wrist.

That said, I can't blame Stroll for driving. He needs to be on this train as soon as possible. Can't let the new guy come in and take all the gravy.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Redragon

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 15:48
Zynerji wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 15:47
The Prodigy wrote:

It will go as well as 2020. Fast, but missing consistency.
The team is not the same as in 2020, yes probably might have some missing consistancy but it had been more investment on the team since and more senior staff with more experience on winning teams. So it would not be as hit and miss as 2020 was. At least as I see it, specially seeing how they evolved last year
Last edited by Redragon on 04 Mar 2023, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.