2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

That was great, as predicted Ferrari had been running with the engine turned down and heavy all weekend. No clue why LEC didn't go out again but might have been that he was happy with the lap and wanted to save tires.

EDIT: yeah, that's what LEC just said, he was happy with the lap and new tires is better for the race.

Vanja #66

Good Q session, they need to get to know the car a bit more and there's 2-3 tenths in that for sure. Leclerc likely had another tenth and I think it was a good strategic decision to save a set. Let's see how the race goes, not a bad thing for them to keep chasing, Checco won't be untouchable for either Ferrari at all.
Last edited by Vanja #66 on 04 Mar 2023, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

Ferrari is very close to Red Bull, and the only team that has a change against Verstappen. Just wait a few races till they bring the new rear wing.

JPower
JPower

Kinda funny how things pretty much shook out in the order expected.

Good to see the cars out on track though.

Still wonder what they could’ve done with a higher DF setup but it is what it is. Let’s hope they can hold position tomorrow.

f1316
f1316

Just as expected - Leclerc was right there on pace with Max and I think he had a couple of tenths since everyone improved a bit on the last run.

I’m surprised that they think the new tyres is worth more than 1 or possibly 2 places on the grid - Charles implying he thinks he could have potentially got pole - but they’re trying something different and I kinda admire the bravery.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

dialtone
dialtone

This car is not built for this track, this car is built for the majority of other tracks out there with few slow speed corners. They'll challenge more in other tracks just by how they built it.

Xyz22
Xyz22

3 km/h difference between Sainz and Perez
3 km/h difference between Lec and Max

Quali went better than expected. We'll see tomorrow in the race how it will go.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

dialtone wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:22
This car is not built for this track, this car is built for the majority of other tracks out there with few slow speed corners. They'll challenge more in other tracks just by how they built it.
It's nice to have such a speed advantage, they can keep track position even if they're a bit slower

Regarding the qualy Leclerc is fast as expected. I think he would've got pole on his last run if he did it.
Sainz is not looking at ease with this car, he's losing a lot of time through the S2 I believe. But he did a good job putting everything together in the end to start beside Charles.
For tomorrow, I fear this car is like the SF-90 : really fast in straight line, really strong in qualy, but very not fast enough in race pace/too much tyre deg.

organic

The decision to save a Soft is because we want to maximize tomorrow's result, knowing that Red Bull will be on another planet, and we'll need to fight with Alonso. Charles' lap was already OK to stay ahead of Fernando. Mood 'the World Cup cannot be won in Bahrain'.

VER on pole and the Red Bulls are in the front row.
Not surprisingly, Ferrari finally turned up the unexpressed power, thus staying very close on the qualifying lap. More difficult tomorrow, thus the choice of LEC to keep a new soft.

Sevach
Sevach

Well, behind RBR, infront of the others.
Not great, not horrible.

With all the issues the team reportedly been having, the obvious one the RW, the reported FW "flaw", maybe the season will be a good one.

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:32
The decision to save a Soft is because we want to maximize tomorrow's result, knowing that Red Bull will be on another planet, and we'll need to fight with Alonso. Charles' lap was already OK to stay ahead of Fernando. Mood 'the World Cup cannot be won in Bahrain'.

VER on pole and the Red Bulls are in the front row.
Not surprisingly, Ferrari finally turned up the unexpressed power, thus staying very close on the qualifying lap. More difficult tomorrow, thus the choice of LEC to keep a new soft.
As expected. I was surprised by the quali though, think Leclerc pulled a mega mega lap. Maybe RB compromised the car a bit to be even stronger in the race? Who knows.

The new rear wing and front end fixes will be crucial for the season i think. Hopefully it will be a similar situation to the SF 71h.

Vanja #66

Prospects in Saudi Arabia looking much better than here, not a bad thing at all. Hopefully the pessimists here keep quiet a bit about where the car is, it's as good as it can be for a car that's 100% changed on setup directions and overall concept vs a car which is a 100% evolution in every aspect.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

f1316
f1316

Well Coulthard said to Charles that he had a glint in his eye and Leclerc didn’t deny it. I think he still fancies it tomorrow.

Sevach
Sevach

Vanja #66 wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:40
Prospects in Saudi Arabia looking much better than here, not a bad thing at all. Hopefully the pessimists here keep quiet a bit about where the car is, it's as good as it can be for a car that's 100% changed on setup directions and overall concept vs a car which is a 100% evolution in every aspect.
100%, if we are to believe stuff like they'll have a new FW that improves grip and balance, in addittion to the failed RW, it's not bad at all.