2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
max_speed
max_speed

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Yeah hats off to Dan Follows, in a year he has brought car to this level. I just hope development is fast enough to give alonso a chance.

snajam
snajam

They need to close the gap this year, get on level while fighting the ferraris and mercs amd fight RB next year. Beating RB this year is unrealistic. But what a job Dan and Eric have done with a midfield customer team without an in-house wind tunnel. I expect a Better race but still very happy now Alo jumped ship and where that ship is at the moment.

Bisonas

Great job.
Tire Deg/management, race pace and strategy will determine the outcome tomorrow, and so far Aston Martin have shown low Tire Deg and good race pace.
So i am optimistic for Alonso and glad that he finally has a car that he can mix it with the top 3 teams.

Alonso Fan

Podium definitely still on for tomorrow I think
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

organic

Toto agrees. He said on post-race show interview that he thinks the order for race pace is RB, Alonso, Ferrari=Merc. So he reckons that they may not be able to fight Alonso

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

podium 99 its coming

max_speed
max_speed

Bisonas wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:41
Great job.
Tire Deg/management, race pace and strategy will determine the outcome tomorrow, and so far Aston Martin have shown low Tire Deg and good race pace.
So i am optimistic for Alonso and glad that he finally has a car that he can mix it with the top 3 teams.
Fightning rb is possible with wind tunnel penalty they have. If aston scores podiums and stay in hunt and bring big upgrade soon , championship is on. I am very confident aston will be fired up. Fired up people can overcome many challenges.

Bisonas

max_speed wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:52
Bisonas wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:41
Great job.
Fightning rb is possible with wind tunnel penalty they have. If aston scores podiums and stay in hunt and bring big upgrade soon , championship is on. I am very confident aston will be fired up. Fired up people can overcome many challenges.
I don't know about the championship this year. I do agree that the much more time they will be getting in the wind tunnel will help a lot during the season and for the next but i am not so sure though that it will be enough for this years championship. I am just glad that they are in the right track. All signs shows they will be even stronger next season. Today AMR confirmed to everybody that the foundations are there and that those foundations are really strong. The future looks bright for the Aston Martin and as for Alonso, because i do consider him one of the greatest, i am just glad he will have the chance to drive again fighting for podiums and who knows, next year maybe fighting for the championship.

max_speed
max_speed

More teams in hunt of championship better for aston this year. Yes very happy for alonso. He seems to have springs in his feet. Lets hope for best

KimiRai
KimiRai

A lot of talk about Dan Fallows and Eric Blandin, but Luca Furbatto has done a great job in the mechanical part of the car.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonsismo wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:50
podium 99 its coming
You said pole 23 was coming and it didn't, so you better not jinx it...

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

KimiRai wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 20:44
Alonsismo wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 18:50
podium 99 its coming
You said pole 23 was coming and it didn't, so you better not jinx it...
pole 23 its coming, but not this race.

we will have the 23, 24, 25...

this car is really fast :)

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Considering that Alonso took that Alpine to front row of the grid in Canada, pole is coming, just not here.

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 20:58
Considering that Alonso took that Alpine to front row of the grid in Canada, pole is coming, just not here.
Bahrain could have been the highest peak for all we know. We need to keep our feet in the ground

Henk_v
Henk_v

I think the big unknown is strategy. Which wasn't too bad in '22, but not championship level.

I do think AM has the right culture to become really good at it. A growing technical organisation with success is by definition giving room to talent. A good strategy needs clear decision structure and people in charge relyant on talent. And also the gut of that talent.
Ferrari discusses too much and the leadership is too involved. Mercedes has too little room for gut. The strategist is immersed in his job and needs leadership to allow him/her to make split second decisions without argument or needing to found the decision in data. Thats maybe the biggest talent of Horner. He will never argue or debate strategy at the pit wall when the pressure is on.