2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
F1NAC

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

f1316 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 18:34
Dear Lord.

It was one thing being comprehensively beaten by the Red Bulls - fair enough, it’s a starting point and bank the podium, fight another day. But to still have these PU issues… I can only hope it was caused by something specific that happened to that car, rather than an inherent issue.

And +1 re Sainz - he’s nowhere and the occasional decent weekend does not an equal number 1 make. It would be like not prioritising Michael over Irvine or Rubens (ie stupid). Anyway, first thing is to make sure the engine doesn’t blow up…
Well at least engine didn’t blow up. So it could be simple electrical glitch..

22 races to go. Jeddah could be interesting

CRazyLemon
CRazyLemon

Needs to be a marked comment on Sainz performance today. It was no where against Leclerc. Needs to be noted for the obvious Sainz vs Leclerc arguments that will happen this year.

dialtone
dialtone

Frustrating... Sounded electrical to me, likely same issue that caused the replacement of the ES/CE pre-race, which in all likelihood could mean a new ES/CE in Jeddah.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Fer.Fan wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 18:36
jambuka wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 18:32
Ferrari should just give up guys
Agree, SF-23 is just a bad car. Race pace is 1 sek slower then RedBull. Car is disaster, far worse then sf75.
I don't think anyone can compete with RB atm. They are way too fast. The gap compared to the others is insane at the moment. Almost 1s quicker per lap in the race.

The advantage they have is just too big in my opinion.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 05 Mar 2023, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

So basically no solution on PU reliability & Tyre deg yet ?

Not correcting the second one is huge mistake. It's so frustrating to see all your hardwork on Saturday and start of the race just getting undone so easily ... Like rivals have to do nothing but wait for 5-7 laps and they can have a easy pass. Perez swooped past Leclerc , Alonso did same thing with Sainz.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

f1316 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 18:34
Dear Lord.

It was one thing being comprehensively beaten by the Red Bulls - fair enough, it’s a starting point and bank the podium, fight another day. But to still have these PU issues… I can only hope it was caused by something specific that happened to that car, rather than an inherent issue.

And +1 re Sainz - he’s nowhere and the occasional decent weekend does not an equal number 1 make. It would be like not prioritising Michael over Irvine or Rubens (ie stupid). Anyway, first thing is to make sure the engine doesn’t blow up…
Everywhere

F1NAC

So much negativity here and unnecessary posts..

jumpingfish

The engine is a "bomb", huh? Mr. Binotto is an honest man. Well, as I said earlier, "1sec faster than F1-75" is not enough to beat RB. Need to wait till the midseason to see will they drop this car and focus on SF24

Peter Ian Staker
Peter Ian Staker

AM poached all the best RB/Merc team they could get and build a better car than Ferrari in like a couple of years.
Meanwhile Ferrari can barely poach any big names because nobody wants to move to Italy 🤷

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

CRazyLemon wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 18:39
Needs to be a marked comment on Sainz performance today. It was no where against Leclerc. Needs to be noted for the obvious Sainz vs Leclerc arguments that will happen this year.
Sainz is not the problem , he is doing the best he can .. it's the team. If they can provide a reliable car & good strategy the deserving driver will always come on top Irrespective of who it is.

Vanja #66

I have a feeling it was a silly issue with a secondary PU system, like RB had fuel pump issues early last year. It will be a few days before we learn for sure. 15 points down, last year it was 50 in total on PU issues, so if it had to happen at least the loss is much less.

In Leclerc's hands the car was better than I expected in the race, it was very usable on hard tyres unlike last year. The aero setup compromise hurt badly in the race, as expected, but again not as bad as I thought it would be. Hopefully it will be solved for Australia, shouldn't hurt as much in Jeddah. From Baku on, the team will have learned how to setup the car as good as it can be, so things should improve. Remains to be seen how much other teams can improve.

Sainz is seriously subpar, both on pace and tyre management. Wonder how bad it would've been if the car wasn't to his liking... :(
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Peter Ian Staker wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 18:52
AM poached all the best RB/Merc team they could get and build a better car than Ferrari in like a couple of years.
Meanwhile Ferrari can barely poach any big names because nobody wants to move to Italy 🤷
At the same time, I feel for some engineers it's an argument : living in Italy.

F1NAC

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 18:52
CRazyLemon wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 18:39
Sainz is not the problem , he is doing the best he can .. it's the team. If they can provide a reliable car & good strategy the deserving driver will always come on top Irrespective of who it is.
What exactly was wrong with Sainz car? Didn’t see any car issues?

Strategy?? What the hell was now wrong?

It is the driver. Sainz cannot adapt as easy as Leclerc. He is exposed AF after pairing with Leclerc because latter learns, adapts and overcomes while former waits to have car adapted to his liking..

JPower
JPower

Meh, not overreacting to one race. Nothing today was any different from what was seen in testing and practice.

Both drivers pretty much told you where they and the car were before the race. Leclerc was comfortable in practice, Sainz wasn’t. Both said the race pace was lacking.

Long season ahead. :lol:

Xyz22
Xyz22

Charles didn't expect such a gap probably.