2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bisonas

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Chanman141 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 19:49
Do you folks think P3 is an achievable goal for the constructors?
even P2 is achievable if you ask me.
With the team they have and the Wind tunnel time they have they may end up P2.
If stroll ups his game this year and comes near Alonso performance they may have a chance for P2.
If not, they will probably end up P3 or P4 at worst.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Showing the midfield how its done. =D> Every year we hear a lot of guff about how some team will eventually get to the top of midfield or challenge the top 3, AM just went and did it. With the extra tunnel time that they have till the reset I hope they develop the car to stick to the top.

Alo_Fan

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 19:51
Aston Martin will move into the new facility on May 1st, 2023.
That's excellent news, perfect timing to make use of the 100% wind tunnel time. The morale in the team must be so high right now!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Alo_Fan wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 20:13
AR3-GP wrote:
That's excellent news, perfect timing to make use of the 100% wind tunnel time. The morale in the team must be so high right now!
Yep! Lawrence Stroll said it on the interview with Sky after the race today.

Alo_Fan

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 20:14
Alo_Fan wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 20:13
AR3-GP wrote:
Yep! Lawrence Stroll said it on the interview with Sky after the race today.
Thanks for relaying that here, I didn't watch that part of the coverage. Very excited for the season/next season especially.

PinkFloydPulse

I think the other teams (bar RB sadly) should be pretty worried now...
-The car is a completely new platform and not an evolution like RB and they still need to learn about it and dial it in
-Stroll is still not fit to drive and had ZERO testing
-Alonso still not happy with the steering and brakes and not fully "in the zone" with the car atm
-Dan Fallows (need I say more? :D)
-Upgrades on the way probably season long since they have an epic base to continue to work in for 2024

When all of these things "click" it will be super fun to watch for the fans, probably not so much for the other teams... :D
Team Fernando!

Alo_Fan

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 20:26
I think the other teams (bar RB sadly) should be pretty worried now...
-The car is a completely new platform and not an evolution like RB and they still need to learn about it and dial it in
-Stroll is still not fit to drive and had ZERO testing
-Alonso still not happy with the steering and brakes and not fully "in the zone" with the car atm
-Dan Fallows (need I say more? :D)
-Upgrades on the way probably season long since they have an epic base to continue to work in for 2024

When all of these things "click" it will be super fun to watch for the fans, probably not so much for the other teams... :D
Very excited, good points you make up! I'm slightly nervous about Merc, once they fix their sidepods and learn from the Aston Martin telemetry regarding the suspension etc.

continuum16

Chanman141 wrote:
I think it is possible if a Ferrari retires from
every other race. But the picture will become clearer after Imola, since they have only driven in anger at Bahrain. IIRC this team has always been quite good at this track, as well as Spa. I’m intrigued to see how they go in Australia, because last year they were shockingly bad. If they are still dicing it in the top 6 then P3 will be achievable.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Alonso Fan

Bisonas wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 19:20
Alonso Fan wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 18:59
Nice, what was the gap to leclerc when he retired?
I think he was 12 seconds in front of Sainz when he retired running in 3rd behind the red bulls.
TBH i think Alonso may had cought Lec at the end, but i don't know if he could have passed him.
If he hadn't end up behind the 2 MERC at the start IMO he would have ended up P3 quite more easy even if Lec hadn't retired and i believe that if he had managed to clear Sainz at the start running at p4 after the 1st lap he could have been battling Perez for P2 at the end.
Yeah I watched the highlights and these are exactly my thoughts. P3 was doable on pure pace today, p2 even but I think that would need some help
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Vanja #66

Great stuff from the team, Alonso as brilliant as expected. It was a pleasure watching him :)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Chanman141 wrote:
If Lance carries his weight, yes.

GoranF1
GoranF1

"This is one of the most beautiful...you and the whole team deserve this..."

Older members will know what this means...
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Alo_Fan

continuum16 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 20:51
Chanman141 wrote:
I think it is possible if a Ferrari retires from
every other race. But the picture will become clearer after Imola, since they have only driven in anger at Bahrain. IIRC this team has always been quite good at this track, as well as Spa. I’m intrigued to see how they go in Australia, because last year they were shockingly bad. If they are still dicing it in the top 6 then P3 will be achievable.
This car is 95% new though, it's completely different to the early version of last years car. It's quite draggy but has excellent mechanical grip, so I expect it to do well in Australia and other street circuits. I do expect it to be a bit worse around Saudi and circuits with long straights.

Wouter

It was great to see Fernando at the well deserved podium today! He still knows how to overtake. :D

Great to see how happy Andrea was!

The Power of Dreams!

KimiRai
KimiRai

We should be very, very thankful that Stroll did not take both cars out in lap 1. That was close.

Having said that, good job from Stroll and great Fernando.