2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bisonas

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

I think this video sums up the great start of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFxWW3v5emQ

KimiRai
KimiRai

The car has quite a lot of drag and in the straights it barely could get close to the Mercedes which then Alonso had to resort to great manouvres in Sector 2. It's not a good combination that it's a Sunday car (and a Sunday driver) but has low top speed, so improvements could be focused on reducing that drag.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Bisonas wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:04
I think this video sums up the great start of the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFxWW3v5emQ
=D> =D> =D> =D>

Cs98
Cs98

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 20:26
I think the other teams (bar RB sadly) should be pretty worried now...
-The car is a completely new platform and not an evolution like RB and they still need to learn about it and dial it in
-Stroll is still not fit to drive and had ZERO testing
-Alonso still not happy with the steering and brakes and not fully "in the zone" with the car atm
-Dan Fallows (need I say more? :D)
-Upgrades on the way probably season long since they have an epic base to continue to work in for 2024

When all of these things "click" it will be super fun to watch for the fans, probably not so much for the other teams... :D
The car isn't an evolution? Have you seen the side on view compared to the RB? It's clearly AM's evolution on the 2022 RB aero concept, which they tried to emulate after Fallows joined in 2022. They've done a very good job of evolving that concept with their own ideas.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Quietly hopeful for this car around Melbourne.

Saudi will be a tricky test and an indication of whether it can morph into an efficient top speed circuit when it’s needed.

Excellent race from Alonso and how wonderful to be able to see his race craft in a car capable of fighting near the front.

organic

Mansell89 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:35

Saudi will be a tricky test and an indication of whether it can morph into an efficient top speed circuit when it’s needed.

Excellent race from Alonso and how wonderful to be able to see his race craft in a car capable of fighting near the front.
Melbourne is somewhat smooth surface. Might be hard to get tyres up to temperature for AMR

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:39
Mansell89 wrote:

Melbourne is somewhat smooth surface. Might be hard to get tyres up to temperature for AMR
I haven't actually seen any signs that AMR have issues with the tires.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 22:31
We should be very, very thankful that Stroll did not take both cars out in lap 1. That was close.

Having said that, good job from Stroll and great Fernando.
The race would have been immensely poorer without Alonso :lol:

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:50
organic wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:39
Mansell89 wrote:

I haven't actually seen any signs that AMR have issues with the tires.
They did last season and the rest of their suspension characteristics have carried over, so why not this too? Nobody has tyre issues at bahrain because of the asphalt there, but smooth tracks like street circuits we will see which cars can fire them up

PinkFloydPulse

Cs98 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:34
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 20:26
I think the other teams (bar RB sadly) should be pretty worried now...
-The car is a completely new platform and not an evolution like RB and they still need to learn about it and dial it in
-Stroll is still not fit to drive and had ZERO testing
-Alonso still not happy with the steering and brakes and not fully "in the zone" with the car atm
-Dan Fallows (need I say more? :D)
-Upgrades on the way probably season long since they have an epic base to continue to work in for 2024

When all of these things "click" it will be super fun to watch for the fans, probably not so much for the other teams... :D
The car isn't an evolution? Have you seen the side on view compared to the RB? It's clearly AM's evolution on the 2022 RB aero concept, which they tried to emulate after Fallows joined in 2022. They've done a very good job of evolving that concept with their own ideas.
No offence, but what on earth are you talking about? I think you completely missed what I was talking about in the 1st point of the list... The AMR23 is clearly a clean slate compared to the AMR22... UNLIKE the RB19 being an evolution of the RB18 and a better car in all areas... It makes absolutely zero sense that you would compare a physical car from one team (Aston) to a virtual concept of another (Red Bull)... Yes, they went the RB way and refined it in their way, but all the data and setup they used for the AMR22 last season are VOID for the AMR23 this year, hence they still have a lot to discover about their new car...
Team Fernando!

organic

clean slate compared to last year? There is no chance they developed three completely different concepts within 12 months :D sorry this is laughable
Last edited by organic on 05 Mar 2023, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.

Miha_v
Miha_v

What a wonderful Sunday this has been!

- AM proves a good race pace (despite a not ideal start)
- Alonso proves he's still fantastic as he's always been, such a deserved podium
- very good perofmance from injured Lance (6th place is a great result under these circumstances)
- fights with Lewis, Sainz and Russell actually made the race interesting
- lots of luck with Fernando/Lance collision (how Alonso's rear tyre stayed in one piece is still beyond me :o :) )

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I might be among the few who doesn't care what the car looks like?

I know it's a technical forum and all, but when Alonso was going wheel to wheel with Hamilton, I didn't give a hoot what his car looked like. That was the furthest thing from my mind.

I have no issue with any car being inspired by another.

Even "inspired", it's not like it looks like a grid of indy cars.

Espresso
Espresso

Miha_v wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:56
What a wonderful Sunday this has been!

- AM proves a good race pace (despite a not ideal start)
- Alonso proves he's still fantastic as he's always been, such a deserved podium
- very good perofmance from injured Lance (6th place is a great result under these circumstances)
- fights with Lewis, Sainz and Russell actually made the race interesting
- lots of luck with Fernando/Lance collision (how Alonso's rear tyre stayed in one piece is still beyond me :o :) )
....better to say the car is a TANK.... :shock: ...it´s seems to behave like a mario kart....speed boost, drifting, undestructible...
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Otromundo

Here a fan of Alonso and I am also Spaniard. That's why today I have a double feeling of happiness. But I've been a fan of F1 ever since I fell in love with the black Lotus cars with their JPS logos. I have seen many races and perhaps that is why I pay attention to important details.

I imagined Alonso's race if the car behaved as it did in practice. So the first real surprise has been to see the true quality of the new Aston Martin.

But I've been even more surprised by Lance's performance given his circumstances. This has been for me the greatest surprise and joy of the race.

Lance reminds me a lot of Mike Hailwood when he showed up for his first race. A daddy's boy, they all thought. But it wasn't like that.

I am very happy that Fernando seems to have finally found his place in a good team and with a very remarkable teammate despite the gossip. They have a long way to go to overtake Mercedes and Ferrari. And even more to catch up with Red Bull. But it is an exciting challenge and I think that this is precisely what our love for F1 consists of.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.