2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Did any news of upgrades leak out this weekend?
A lion must kill its prey.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 20:57
Any news of upgrades?
Max said there was stuff in the pipeline in one of his testing interviews. But didn't mention any races in particular etc

Last year was race 4. Expecting the same again. Maybe even a new floor at Baku

chrisc90

Can we just pay a re-visit to page 34 please :D

Vanja #66

Good job from the team, very strong weekend of course. I would say congratz, but there was no real opposition, yet :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Wouter

"A very lovely result finishing one-two 👏"

I almost agree to that! A very lovely result finishing one-two-three! :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

RB truly are in devastating form. Car wasn't running as low as in testing and they had almost no deg on the soft tires (meaning they would have been able to push even harder), Max complaining about downshifting issues while gapping Leclerc, cruising up front on half throttle, and they were still miles clear today.

I know all of the other teams have their own optimizations to make as well, but if this kind of performance continues, it's going to be a short season.

Is this another Spa anomaly? It remains to be seen.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 05 Mar 2023, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

avantman
avantman

So refreshing to see three guys genuinely happy on the podium. =D>

organic

Max on viaplay said that GP didn't let him push at all in the race so there is still pace to come from the car. They must have found a big step with performance over winter

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 22:49
Max on viaplay said that GP didn't let him push at all in the race so there is still pace to come from the car. They must have found a big step with performance over winter
The lack of any real deg on the soft tire in addition to the downshifting issues and the increased ride height tells as much. They were in a different universe.

In testing people thought that Max couldn't possibly have been doing race runs on Friday because he was in the 1.36s.......They said he was simulating mid-race fuel loads and what not....With hindsight..... :shock:
Last edited by AR3-GP on 05 Mar 2023, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

Well managed race by GP and the staff in the ops room in the factory. Pointless pushing things and risking things and saving the engine for future races/FP sessions.

This race was almost as good as spa, and almost like canada? where max drove near enough the full race within 0.1 of each lap.

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 22:52
Well managed race by GP and the staff in the ops room in the factory. Pointless pushing things and risking things and saving the engine for future races/FP sessions.

This race was almost as good as spa, and almost like canada? where max drove near enough the full race within 0.1 of each lap.
It was mexico where max was very consistent. The best performances from Max last year were Spa (about 1s per lap faster than anyone in race) and Suzuka (pulling 26s in 28 laps at Suzuka, also hanging around the outside at T1) IMO

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:54
AR3-GP wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:53
organic wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:41

Saudi is a high-speed circuit with few if no low-speed corners. Even an extremely overweight Rb18 won there on aero efficiency despite lacking a great deal of traction & high-speed cornering performance. The degradation is also relatively low because the surface is essentially perfect & high grip.

Most of jeddah characteristics will favour the SF23 relative to the average track on the calendar, so I expect there will be significant performance swing between Bahrain and Jeddah
It really depends on what rear wing RB show up with. If it's the one they ran in Bahrain, then I don't think that's going to cut it vs Ferrari.
they used the spa rear wing at Jeddah last year and this year they will have more underbody downforce, so I expect the same wing again

https://cdn-9.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... wing-1.jpg

Okay I'm losing my mind here because I thought the Bahrain rear wing WAS the spa rear wing.It had simply been reprofiled. :lol:

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:57
organic wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:54
AR3-GP wrote:
05 Mar 2023, 23:53

It really depends on what rear wing RB show up with. If it's the one they ran in Bahrain, then I don't think that's going to cut it vs Ferrari.
they used the spa rear wing at Jeddah last year and this year they will have more underbody downforce, so I expect the same wing again

https://cdn-9.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... wing-1.jpg

Okay I'm losing my mind here because I thought the Bahrain rear wing WAS the spa rear wing.It had simply been reprofiled. :lol:
I know exactly how you feel with the rear wing stuff. I'm awful at identifying/remembering but for sure they tested the high downforce and medium downforce for Bahrain and went for medium. Then the Jeddah rear-wing was the first time we saw the Spa rear wing and they shelved it for half a season

the rb18 looked at its best when running that wing as well. it's almost like they developed the car to be best balanced with the smallest RW and weren't expecting to compete on pure pace in 2022 given they'd developed longer into '21.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Well this changes everything. I was working under the assumption that they would use the Bahrain wing in Jeddah. If I'm not mistaken, Ferrari ran their Jeddah wing already here in Bahrain? If so, then it's looking good when Red Bull trim their wing off to gain quite a bit of top speed.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 00:07
Well this changes everything. I was working under the assumption that they would use the Bahrain wing in Jeddah. If I'm not mistaken, Ferrari ran their Jeddah wing already here in Bahrain? If so, then it's looking good when Red Bull trim their wing off to gain quite a bit of top speed.
I would expect Ferrari to run the same rear wing (presumably preferably the single pylon if ready) but change their beamwing from medium-high to medium-low

And yes I would expect RB to run the Spa wing again. it is likely to be RB's medium-low wing for this season (with a lower wing coming for Vegas/Monza) which makes sense for Saudi. It seemed a little low for Jeddah last year, but with the underbody df gain they will be fine with it this year IMO

Remains to be seen what they do BW-wise, but they used a single element design for Saudi last year. I'm not sure I expect the same again given they're utilizing the beam-wings to increase diffuser performance dramatically this year, so maybe they'll need to run higher on the BW for the best laptimes