2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 20:42
First big development due in Baku, like many expected already

"Significant"? oh boy :lol:
Last edited by AR3-GP on 06 Mar 2023, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
A lion must kill its prey.

kediown

organic wrote:

Finally the mirrors? :D

etusch

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 20:45
organic wrote:

it is waste of money. concentrate next year 😜

organic

etusch wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 20:46
AR3-GP wrote:

it is waste of money. concentrate next year 😜
:lol:

organic

kediown wrote:

Finally the mirrors? :D
F1 cars had mirrors? Didn't know that have completely forgotten all about them :mrgreen:

The quote is from about 10min 45s into the episode:

Last edited by organic on 06 Mar 2023, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

ME4ME wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 19:04
While it was a comfortable weekend for Red Bull I don't yet buy that they'll be totally dominant this season. For one Leclerc could've matched them in qualifying or been pretty close. And secondly Perez was exactly flying past Leclerc early in the race.

Seems to me that RB isn't that far ahead in ultimate performance. However they're much more consistent and reliable over a stint and race then Ferrari. Aston Martin is consistent over a stint too but maybe lacks two tenths.
It was as dominant as any. Sainz was struggling to keep AM and Merc behind. RedBull ordered their drivers to cruise to the end... 1 second a lap faster than anyone else is not dominant? 7 seconds on Ferarri in the opening 10 laps when Ferrari had brand spanking new tyres?! ok then.

Anyways see you all in a fortnight. We might have a chance to challenge you if we get a few saftey cars and backmarkers getting in the way v
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Juzh

I went trough verstappen's onboard, nothing remarkable to report, except for unreal amounts of lift and coast from lap 1 till the end and just general driving at 7/10s for literally the whole race. You can see it in car behaviour that it's just not being pushed. Leaving meters of tarmac unused on exits and stuff like that. You wonder how it's possible to be fast this way, but here we are.
At some point because of all this not pushing front brakes stared to develop a split in temps, so he had to brake harder on some laps to remedy the situation.
Engine got detuned with about 8-10 laps remaining. Engine 6, position 1 - looks like this reduces performance in some way. I dont believe you can actually go back up on the engine once you lower it, can anyone confirm this? Seems unlikely with locked engine maps from quali onwards.
Other than that just constant reminders of laptime targets.

organic

Juzh wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 23:40
I went trough verstappen's onboard, nothing remarkable to report, except for unreal amounts of lift and coast from lap 1 till the end and just general driving at 7/10s for literally the whole race. You can see it in car behaviour that it's just not being pushed. Leaving meters of tarmac unused on exits and stuff like that. You wonder how it's possible to be fast this way, but here we are.
At some point because of all this not pushing front brakes stared to develop a split in temps, so he had to brake harder on some laps to remedy the situation.
Engine got detuned with about 8-10 laps remaining. Engine 6, position 1 - looks like this reduces performance in some way. I dont believe you can actually go back up on the engine once you lower it, can anyone confirm this? Seems unlikely with locked engine maps from quali onwards.
I think you are allowed to change the electronic deployment of the engine which is likely what they did. I believe if you reduced to a very low level of deployment, you would also decrease the load on the engine through lowering RPM - or am I mistaken?

Also lowering engine modes during a race requires a reliability reason and has to go through the FIA process of being approved I believe

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Juzh wrote:

wow.
A lion must kill its prey.

Juzh

organic wrote:
06 Mar 2023, 23:43
Juzh wrote:
I think you are allowed to change the electronic deployment of the engine which is likely what they did. I believe if you reduced to a very low level of deployment, you would also decrease the load on the engine through lowering RPM - or am I mistaken?

Also lowering engine modes during a race requires a reliability reason and has to go through the FIA process of being approved I believe
Very hard to know, it could be any number of things, however in terms of energy deployment this can't be. I know red bull uses "modes" for energy deployment management. Their sustained mode is usually mode 7 or mode 8, depending on track, and they usually never go higher than mode 6. That said this weekend they even went to mode 5 for some laps because they probably had way too much energy available with all that coasting, but that's an odd one out.

mode 1 is quali or fastest lap attempt, and modes higher 10 are very low performance modes, rarely used.

Worth nothing this engine 6 position 1 wasn't the only change of this type. There were loads others that sounded similar (engine 7 position 5 blah blah..), however only for this specific one drop in performance was expected and mentioned by engineer.

dren

Makes you wonder if some of it wasn't planned with the intent of running less fuel for lap time gain.
Honda!

TNTHead

Isn't what we are seeing just the RB18 but then underweighted? If the real updates are yet to come than probably dominance is under way.

I think you can also say that they have all the crucial areas for the shortest race time under control: power, downforce, balance, tyres, strategy. The team has fought and developed in the years to overcome the Mercs. That was a perfect school to learn. Now they have hit bulls eye with their concept. Was the ground effect Valkerie car on purpose a side project as a training camp for the real deal?

One wonders, are they so good or are the others sub par?

organic

TNTHead wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 00:19
Isn't what we are seeing just the RB18 but then underweighted? If the real updates are yet to come than probably dominance is under way.

I think you can also say that they have all the crucial areas for the shortest race time under control: power, downforce, balance, tyres, strategy. The team has fought and developed in the years to overcome the Mercs. That was a perfect school to learn. Now they have hit bulls eye with their concept. Was the ground effect Valkerie car on purpose a side project as a training camp for the real deal?

One wonders, are they so good or are the others sub par?
they were, given Horner's comments recently, about 10kg overweight at Bahrain last year. That's only 3 tenths. In qualifying RB improved 9 tenths relative to last year, so 6 tenths of real development, although some of that would've been in-season last year.

Ferrari and Merc have hit their performance targets. In Merc's case their performance targets were achievable and yet simply too low and this indicates their concept may be wrong, and in Ferrari's case their setup was not optimal which exaggerated things. Furthermore, the track characteristics of high tyre degradation and slow corners with lots of traction zones favours the performance of the Rb19 which is strong in these departments relative to others

I would say we can't say for sure how dominant the rb19 will be until after Baku. Bahrain, Jeddah, Australia and Baku will give us a view at the car's weaknesses relative to the field, and a view of the development rate of each team

organic

In recent F1 nation podcast they interview Adrian Newey and he talks about an unexpected reliability problem that the team found during Friday free practices. anyone have an idea what this could be?

All I can think of is the plank wear and floor raising that was suggested in the media?

Paa

organic wrote:
07 Mar 2023, 02:21
In recent F1 nation podcast they interview Adrian Newey and he talks about an unexpected reliability problem that the team found during Friday free practices. anyone have an idea what this could be?

All I can think of is the plank wear and floor raising that was suggested in the media?
They changed some oil pipes just before the race. It could be that.
https://racingnews365.com/red-bull-repl ... y-concerns