2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:40
Repost....Chocolate car confirmed.

I checked the telemetry and Max definitely did not have full power on his last run. I compared an early run from Q1 (white line) to his Q3 lap (blue line) and you can see that he lost power in Q3. Down 3-4km/h on the main straight, and down 3-4 km/h on the run to Turn 9, and the run to T11. :?

https://i.postimg.cc/L6BP5WDc/image.png
Interesting... Reliability woes really are still here. Maybe the engine higher makes the shifts worse and if they're bad enough then they find laptime from turning engine down and improving the shifts. Pretty ridiculous

They must be pushing the gearbox design to the absolute limit for aero benefit or something

lio007

Let's take it positive: Yes, Checo is starting last, but the car is very likely undamaged. So, it's good in terms of cost cap.

Juzh

organic wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 09:57
AR3-GP wrote:

I checked the telemetry and Max definitely did not have full power on his last run. I compared an early run from Q1 (white line) to his Q3 lap (blue line) and you can see that he lost power in Q3. Down 3-4km/h on the main straight, and down 3-4 km/h on the run to Turn 9, and the run to T11. :?

Interesting... Reliability woes really are still here. Maybe the engine higher makes the shifts worse and if they're bad enough then they find laptime from turning engine down and improving the shifts. Pretty ridiculous

They must be pushing the gearbox design to the absolute limit for aero benefit or something
Constant shift problems must have something to do with aggressive energy recovery under braking. It's possible they reduced it for final run and sacrificed some deployment for a more optimal car performance under braking. I don't think anything in particular was wrong with Verstappen's car at the end, or Perez' for that matter. Perez just braked way too late on cold tyres and is now finding every excuse under the sun for that silly error.

mendis
mendis

I expected Perez to struggle here, but seems like he has been having a disastrous weekend so far. On tracks that offer a lot of grip, Perez appears very strong, but on a track like Albert Park that is low grip, he can't make the car do things that Max can. Saudi was very unique tarmac, which is high grip and low degradation that made him look first class. Without any dramas, he might come around 8th tomorrow, which is the best i can hazard a guess.

Bill
Bill

perez was doing ok on friday better than max on a different wing ,so why didnt they give him the settings that he was fimilar and comfortable with .they had the time

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Bill wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 11:03
perez was doing ok on friday better than max on a different wing ,so why didnt they give him the settings that he was fimilar and comfortable with .they had the time
The team will change settings based on driver feedback. If he was uncomfortable they would have reverted back to previous specification. Perez got what he asked for and made a mistake. Logan and Checo were the only two drivers who pushed hard on their first lap and paid the price for it.
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

Big Tea

lio007 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 10:39
Let's take it positive: Yes, Checo is starting last, but the car is very likely undamaged. So, it's good in terms of cost cap.
I still see the possibility of good points. He will have little problem getting close to top 10, and the advantage of tyres as he wants. There only needs to be a red or sc to make a podium possible.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

organic

Sergio Perez spoke of technical problems and hopes to limit the damage tomorrow. Only, according to Helmut Marko, that technical shortcoming had already been fixed in qualifying and Perez miscalculated on the slippery asphalt in Melbourne.

I think Marko is right. Checo braked a lot later on the q1 mistake than max.

Bill
Bill

Silent Storm wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 11:15
Bill wrote:
The team will change settings based on driver feedback. If he was uncomfortable they would have reverted back to previous specification. Perez got what he asked for and made a mistake. Logan and Checo were the only two drivers who pushed hard on their first lap and paid the price for it.
perez had problems the entirety of practice 3 and quali so what you saying doesn't hold water ,even team admit to problems with setup

Sieper

Bill wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 12:00
Silent Storm wrote:
Bill wrote:
perez had problems the entirety of practice 3 and quali so what you saying doesn't hold water ,even team admit to problems with setup
Literally one post above yours is the team saying the car was fine.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

It also shouldn't be forgotten that historically Checo has had a weakness with tire warmup due to his driving style (which paid him back in races eeking out long stints). On a day like today, it's no surprise that he struggled to get the heat in the tires to be ready for the 1st few corners of the hot lap.
A lion must kill its prey.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

AR3-GP wrote:

Could be the deployment cutting a little earlier, in favor for a lower mgu-k braking setting. This for more brake feel. Drivers often prefer this in lower setting in Q laps.

chrisc90

If it isthe case, then im quite surprised that the drivers dont change the settings for each individual corner around the lap. For example having bother at turn 3, so can reduce/increase the recovery settings.

Id strongly presume that the recovery is also linked with the brake balance offsets aswell.

Probably going to be a very lonely race for Max tomorrow.

Bill
Bill

Sieper wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 12:37
Bill wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 12:00
Silent Storm wrote:

Literally one post above yours is the team saying the car was fine.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/192963/m ... ility.html
perez twitter feed says they are problems with car that need addressing before race,and the same marko gave conflicting info to sky.i think he is sensitive to any perception that shows Max favoritism

Sieper

Or there wasn’t any problem and Marko was just telling the truth. Perez braked very late and there really was no need in the first Q1 lap. Especially if you think there is a problem you have all the opportunity to put in a banker lap and only then move closer to the edge with your RB19.