2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 15:49
KimiRai wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 15:44
AR3-GP wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 15:30

The problem is RB is going about as fast if not faster in the corners , with much better top speed. There was no car going through corners like the Vettel cars while having better top speed. If there were, they would be in front.
Are you sure the RB is faster on the corners? And I don't mean a sector time, just purely the corners only. I think the Aston may be quicker
Have a look at the 2 fastest laps on F1-Tempo. The RB is faster in every corner.
https://i.ibb.co/dJp7B1F/tel3.jpg
AMR carry more speed and accelerate faster out slow speed corners like turns 1 and 2.

chrisc90

diffuser wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 21:23
chrisc90 wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 15:44

Are you sure the RB is faster on the corners? And I don't mean a sector time, just purely the corners only. I think the Aston may be quicker
Have a look at the 2 fastest laps on F1-Tempo. The RB is faster in every corner.
AMR carry more speed and accelerate faster out slow speed corners like turns 1 and 2.
How? The graphic literally has the RB about 8kmh faster and the acceleration trace is above the one of the AMR.

diffuser

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 21:26
diffuser wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 21:23
chrisc90 wrote:

How? The graphic literally has the RB about 8kmh faster and the acceleration trace is above the one of the AMR.
Look at all the green sections. They're all the slower curves or slower speed acceleration zones.

Chuckjr

Thanks for that graph diffuser! Nice to see Fred has some good traction for the last corner before the straight — will make for good Merc hunting. :mrgreen:
Watching F1 since 1986.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Mike Krack on upgrades: "The biggest improvements will come later in the year. We'll have some new parts in Baku, Imola, Montréal, and some at Silverstone"

PinkFloydPulse

Do you guys think Alonso could have been second and maybe should have attacked Hamilton before all the drama? I mean, who could have known he will not have any more time to attack because of the restarts but, did he have enough speed?
Team Fernando!

proteus

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 09:49
Do you guys think Alonso could have been second and maybe should have attacked Hamilton before all the drama? I mean, who could have known he will not have any more time to attack because of the restarts but, did he have enough speed?
Everytime he came close Lewis pulled a fastest lap. So not very likely i would say.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

KimiRai
KimiRai

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
Every time Alonso would get close to DRS Hamilton would pull off a couple tenths, the mercs were at least on par if not slightly ahead

Also there's some people (Spanish broadcast) saying Max was wrongly positioned for the restart so there could be a penalty coming

F1doc
F1doc

Three races in, AM has scored more than the whole of last season...

max_speed
max_speed

Finally bit of luck. Today aston was 3rd fastest team, behind redbull & merc. We have 1month before baku, alonso is 3rd and close to perez. Baku update can play a key role in spicing things up.i still belive they will try to fight for championship specially with alonso. They have to do it this year if they want to win it next year.

PinkFloydPulse

KimiRai wrote:
02 Apr 2023, 09:52
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
Every time Alonso would get close to DRS Hamilton would pull off a couple tenths, the mercs were at least on par if not slightly ahead

Also there's some people (Spanish broadcast) saying Max was wrongly positioned for the restart so there could be a penalty coming
It’s clearly seen in the main race thread, pic and video on twitter and in theory should be a slam dunk.
Team Fernando!

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

If Fernando was ahead from the start I think he had the pace to keep Lewis behind with similar gaps. Fernando got closer below a second at times but probably it wasn’t worth a try as tyre saving was the priority for most. Albert Park is not very easy to overtake as well. Great result today, P3&P4 marks the best result of the season.

KimiRai
KimiRai

All 3 starts Fernando got off the line very well, both in the odd side and in the good side. I'm surprised how well he has started three consecutive times, but then had bad luck because all 3 times he was either blocked/touched.

Merc complain all the time both off and on track but their car at least in Melbourne was the 2nd fastest car (also for those who said Fernando underperformed in qualy). We'll see in Baku though

nowaysthatsreal
nowaysthatsreal

Not bad really, P3 and more points. Car is at par with Merc and Fer, track conditions and circuit layout will define who is 2nd behind RB

dfegan358
dfegan358

Amr seemed to have cold tyres on every restart and probably not helped by the cooler conditions. Could suggest the amr has excellent deg and could really be an advantage in the hotter summer races ?