2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alakshendra

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Please forgive me if anyone finds my comment rude.

Yesterday race was another example that we are lacking in many many areas and that is from years. I am not an expert but to sum up car is not as fast as it should be. Someone ealier made a comment redbull is on another planet, the same was said about mercedes a few years back but our team (sorry i am a ferrari fan from childhood so saying our team) is never dominant and never able to deliver , some years back its aero than engine power and last year some design flaw with all blaming TD39 and this year god knows what.

Secondly its the political pull, yes i know ferrari have some but its not the same, sainz penalised but max didnt even though he positioned his car differenly for same alonso was penalised. Ferrari was not able to even challenge to get penalty revoked, Last year we fail to avoid TD39 as well.

Somehow i feel the team is falling apart year after year. I hope some concrete approch to be taken by team soon.

organic

Alakshendra wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 09:21

sainz penalised but max didnt even though he positioned his car differenly for same alonso was penalised.
There was nothing wrong with max's car positioning for the record.

The Prodigy
The Prodigy

FW17 wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 08:49
Time has come for Ferrari to conclude that it needs a world champion to lead the team on track and off track. Getting academy driver and managers with experience at Sauber is just wrong.
They need to hire Fernando and/or Hamilton.

F1NAC

Andres125sx wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 08:39
I´ve been out of the forum for some time as this is not the forum I enjoied in the past

I´ve come back to see what´s up with the start of the season... and I see some Ferrari fans claiming a penalty demoting a Ferrari driver from 4th to 12th because going a bit long on first corner after a start is fair? :wtf: #-o When that restart was voided? :o

Those incidents on first corner are always considered racing incidents. I could mentions many examples, but the case it too obvious to start a debate. Pointless

Sainz performed an awesome race, with an impressive recovery after the red flag just after his pitstop wich was extremelly unlucky for him. He recovered even better than Perez!. Then a little mistake on first corner from first lap, he´s harshly punished... and some ferrari fans say it was fair? No it wasn´t, even if he ruined Alonso´s race, it was a first lap incident wich usually is ignored. But that restart was voided, so the incident should be too. Extremelly harsh and unfair penalty!

This is Lecrer F1 team thread, not Ferrari F1 team thread #-o
Usually I'm critical of Sainz (mostly right because him being slower). But yesterday he did solid job. Unfortunately everything went down the drain in the 1st corner.

On the other side, Leclerc just did stupid mistake. Races are not won in the first corner (Except Monaco maybe).

Key Ferrari people that produced this vehicle are now gone. And that's good. Because car is turd. Turd in terms of battling for the championship.. Good enough to fight for 2nd.

I was excited on the launch of F175. Looked so different, bold. SF23 remined me on a bland Ferrari evolutions. Like 150°Italia . And it acts almost like that.

Xyz22
Xyz22

The Prodigy wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 09:46
FW17 wrote:
Time has come for Ferrari to conclude that it needs a world champion to lead the team on track and off track. Getting academy driver and managers with experience at Sauber is just wrong.
I'd go with Prost.

Xwang
Xwang

Or maybe it's time for them to retire from f1

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Such a strange weekend. Everything went wrong but ironically this is the first weekend where the car was performing in a decent envelope (at least in race pace) - the team has nothing to show for it. Not sure if there's been a setup breakthrough or it'll be back to the same old on the bumpy straights of Baku, but there's some cause for optimism.

The Prodigy
The Prodigy

Xyz22 wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 10:44
The Prodigy wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 09:46
FW17 wrote:
I'd go with Prost.
For Team Principal.

dfegan358
dfegan358

I have no issue with Vasseur being team principal and it’s obviously too early to have any judgement on his performance but has he done anything in the past to earn the top job at Ferrari?
I just thought it was strange, I’m happy to be corrected but he was head of sauber and they hardly set the world alight. Maybe he has a reputation for ruthlessness and that’s what Ferrari need. I hope he does well.

As it stands it’s disappointing to be not be challenging for title and also I have inevitable feeling come the last races of the season that Mercedes and Aston Martin will have pushed ahead of us. Anybody else feel that too?

organic

It is the best race pace the car has had since Abu Dhabi last year. We'll see at Baku if there is a setup breakthrough, but to be honest that circuit may not flatter the car. It has a very particular corner type, it is bumpy, and the degradation is high at the rear axle. So if the car does well at Baku I would be very optimistic for other races.

abhi1200
abhi1200

its just insane to penalize sainz for crashing into fernando which was not even part of race as they neutralize that part of racing which fIA has re-order the racing position as prior to last lap of all car and had alpine has not crash they would have been instate if fia has not consider that part as racing then how they has penalised the carlos and that also under a safety car which not only took away fourth position from carlos even took him out of point best case scenario would have been in next race 2 position or 3 position grid penalty would be better bcoz under safety car with just last lap he was sitting duck and if i remember same kind of incident if not the same situation with lance and fernando his(future team mate) clashed and for that if i am not wrong lance was given grip penalty in next race.

Peter Ian Staker
Peter Ian Staker

I wouldn't read too much into the race pace of the car in Melbourne.
Everyone was tyre saving to get to the end without a stop after the early red flag. Even Hulk in the Haas was keeping up with the front runners for large chunks of that race.
During the final laps were they stopped tyre saving Hamilton and Alonso pulled away from Carlos in a hurry.

continuum16

abhi1200 wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 12:35
its just insane to penalize sainz for crashing into fernando which was not even part of race as they neutralize that part of racing which fIA has re-order the racing position as prior to last lap of all car and had alpine has not crash they would have been instate if fia has not consider that part as racing then how they has penalised the carlos and that also under a safety car which not only took away fourth position from carlos even took him out of point best case scenario would have been in next race 2 position or 3 position grid penalty would be better bcoz under safety car with just last lap he was sitting duck and if i remember same kind of incident if not the same situation with lance and fernando his(future team mate) clashed and for that if i am not wrong lance was given grip penalty in next race.
The only thing that should draw confusion is the fact that Sargeant and Gasly escaped penalty. Saint’s penalty was correct; he hit Fernando at the first corner. That’s not really debatable.

As for whether the lap “didn’t count” as part of the race, it absolutely did; it was lap 57. Lap 56 was the “formation lap” before the restart, lap 57 was the restart and red flag, lap 58 was the “formation lap” to the finish.

As for re-ordering the field, this is the same procedure that let Sainz stay in front in Silverstone 2022 after the Zhou crash. Precedent set, precedent followed. I don’t see what the confusion is beyond the lack of penalties for other drivers.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Xyz22
Xyz22

Max used the true capabilities of the car for like 2 laps yesterday. He could have gone miles faster. Red Bull has around 1s gap on the second-best car (which is not the SF 23).

"Bono tells Lewis not to destroy the tires to keep him behind, but I compared with the previous lap and he does nothing different. Same top speed, throttle wide open. it's Max who decides to push and does +27.... it is interesting though the +14 before turn 6, to say what numbers he had even without DRS and when he wanted. On that lap Max is over 1s quicker compared to everyone..."

Xwang
Xwang

I wonder why FIA does not check how they manage to have these speeds ... In 2019 they focused on Ferrari's engine which didn't have such an advantage.