2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

f1universe wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 16:59
etusch wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 14:30

1996 world champion Damon Hill has heaped praise on Fernando Alonso for the level of intelligence he shows while driving in F1.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1023860/1 ... -f1-legend
I was honestly blown away by his comment, it took him 1 second to think about it.
The way radios are shown in F1 is not at the same moment where they happened in reality, so I doubt it was that quick.

Venturiation
Venturiation

GoranF1 wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 11:41
If Monaco was this week , would Alonso beat the Redbulls?
We don’t know because Redbull is hiding their real pace

They are way faster

NAPI10
NAPI10

Venturiation wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 18:36
GoranF1 wrote:

They are way faster
They might be but at this point just media hype; there is no proof.

etusch

KimiRai wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 18:08
f1universe wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 16:59
etusch wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 14:30

1996 world champion Damon Hill has heaped praise on Fernando Alonso for the level of intelligence he shows while driving in F1.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1023860/1 ... -f1-legend
I was honestly blown away by his comment, it took him 1 second to think about it.
The way radios are shown in F1 is not at the same moment where they happened in reality, so I doubt it was that quick.
So what is your logic?

NAPI10
NAPI10

Lawrence is not content with this success & that's the strength of this team -
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... kXtAo.html

It's in line with what Alonso said at the launch," We won't be excited with 4th, neither 3rd nor 2nd....".

continuum16

Venturiation wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

They are way faster
I feel like Jeddah have a pretty good indication of the true pace of RB. ~0.7s/lap faster than the field. IMO Max clearly was pushing to try to win the race; we know he’s not content with finishing second.

Based on AMR’s characteristics, I would expect Monaco and Barcelona to be pretty good for them, although ironically they may have been better if the left the stupid final chicane given their advantage is more in slow corners.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

continuum16 wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 21:52
Venturiation wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

They are way faster
I feel like Jeddah have a pretty good indication of the true pace of RB. ~0.7s/lap faster than the field. IMO Max clearly was pushing to try to win the race; we know he’s not content with finishing second.

Based on AMR’s characteristics, I would expect Monaco and Barcelona to be pretty good for them, although ironically they may have been better if the left the stupid final chicane given their advantage is more in slow corners.
I also thought the layout change in Barcelona was ironic. Terrible decision making by his countrymen :lol:

That Aston would have been a shotgun out of the final chicane.
A lion must kill its prey.

continuum16

AR3-GP wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 22:22
continuum16 wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 21:52
Venturiation wrote:

They are way faster

Based on AMR’s characteristics, I would expect Monaco and Barcelona to be pretty good for them, although ironically they may have been better if they left the stupid final chicane given their advantage is more in slow corners.
I also thought the layout change in Barcelona was ironic. Terrible decision making by his countrymen :lol:

That Aston would have been a shotgun out of the final chicane.
Alonso more or less got the extra DRS zone deleted in Melbourne 2022 because of “safety concerns” so maybe he’ll try a similar argument Friday night in Barcelona to get the chicane reinstated :lol:
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

organic

peewon

diffuser wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 11:53
peewon wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 10:28
AR3-GP wrote:
05 Apr 2023, 21:42

If I'm not mistaken the reason they were so good here last year was the tire wear. Straight line speed in Jeddah between the AMr23 and AMr22 is very comparable so they can only go up from here.
If tyre wear is significant enough to effect lap times, they'll be second fastest again. Otherwise the twisty section is too tight to overtake and they were struggling to overtake on the straights in Bahrain even with DRS.
Sprint race to boot.

The twisty section is a significant percentage(over 66% in my opinion) of that lap and you got to be close enough to be able to pass them in that final sector. They'll be the fastest accelerating out of that final corner, so they'll be pulling away before other cars can take advantage of better top speed.
Actually in terms of pure lap times the tradeoff is fairly even. If Astons get clean air/track position, they'll be hard to beat. But Alpine was the polar opposite of the Aston at this stage last season. They ran skinny wings and were losing something like 5-6 tenths in sector 2 to other mid fielders but manage to jump the others on the straight and keep position after that. If AMs qualify/get stuck behind the Mercs or specially Ferrari, they would need tyre deg to come into play.

diffuser

peewon wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 17:16
diffuser wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 11:53
peewon wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 10:28

If tyre wear is significant enough to effect lap times, they'll be second fastest again. Otherwise the twisty section is too tight to overtake and they were struggling to overtake on the straights in Bahrain even with DRS.
Sprint race to boot.

The twisty section is a significant percentage(over 66% in my opinion) of that lap and you got to be close enough to be able to pass them in that final sector. They'll be the fastest accelerating out of that final corner, so they'll be pulling away before other cars can take advantage of better top speed.
Actually in terms of pure lap times the tradeoff is fairly even. If Astons get clean air/track position, they'll be hard to beat. But Alpine was the polar opposite of the Aston at this stage last season. They ran skinny wings and were losing something like 5-6 tenths in sector 2 to other mid fielders but manage to jump the others on the straight and keep position after that. If AMs qualify/get stuck behind the Mercs or specially Ferrari, they would need tyre deg to come into play.
Yep, getting stuck behind slower cars in the twisty section is a risk.

It's been what 5 weeks since the 1st race? It will be 8 since the 1st race by the time we get to Baku. I find it hard to believe that the only update that they'll bring is a new rear wing?

I'm expecting RBR like changes to the Beam wings. They haven't come so far so I'm not sure why.

Wouter

I don't know if this was already posted. So yes, it can be deleted.

The Power of Dreams!

Mr Alcatraz

Fred ain't going nowhere dawgz!

"Now I find myself with the longest career ever in F1, and I'm still fresh, still motivated, still enjoying every single day. So yeah, there's a few more years for me, and hopefully with a title contender in the future."

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10529 ... ntentions/

May the Forza be with him!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Egresi Tamás
Egresi Tamás

NAPI10
NAPI10

Massive undertaking..perfectly aligned with team’s ambition to become world champion.
Sad to see old ‘Jordan’ era infrastructure to comedown