2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Venturiation wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 18:33
AR3-GP wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 15:53
Venturiation wrote:
06 Apr 2023, 15:51

There was no problem he just got spun on lap 1
I'm talking about the other power unit supplier. You post a lot about Ferrari "failure" in the last few weeks. I didn't see a post for the other PU manufacturer failure in Australia. Just making sure we are being reasonable as opposed to a dedication to Ferrari :wink:
What does that have to do with Ferrari thread ?
Nothing I agree. So let's move this over to the other thread :wink:

jambuka
jambuka

Next upgrades
* Diffuser at Baku
* Rear suspension at Imola
* Sidepod at Barcelona

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

jambuka wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 00:58
Next upgrades
* Diffuser at Baku
* Sidepod at Barcelona
Source?

scuderiabrandon

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 01:14
jambuka wrote:
Next upgrades
* Diffuser at Baku
* Sidepod at Barcelona
Source?
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10453658/

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

scuderiabrandon wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 02:14
AR3-GP wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 01:14
jambuka wrote:
Next upgrades
* Diffuser at Baku
* Sidepod at Barcelona
Source?
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10453658/
Thank you.

Wouter

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... /10453922/

“As we are discussing with the FIA, and we sent the report to the FIA, I don't want to disclose any details of this discussion,” said team boss Fred Vasseur.

“The only thing is that about Gasly/Ocon, and for sure we had Sargeant/De Vries at Turn 1, and the reaction of the stewards was not the same. But I want to avoid making any comment.”

Firstly the stewards have to decide whether there is a case to be answered and specifically if there is “significant and relevant new element” and if they decide to proceed, they then make a decision based on that new evidence.

“The process is that first they will have a look on our petition to see if they can re-open the case,” said Vasseur. “Then we'll have a second hearing a bit later, with the same stewards or the stewards of the next meeting, about the decision itself.

“What we can expect is at least to have an open discussion with them, and also for the good of the sport to avoid this kind of decision when you have three cases on the same corner, and not the same decision.

“The biggest frustration was from Carlos, and you heard it on the radio, to not have a hearing.

“Because the case was very special, and in this case, I think it would have made sense considering that it was the race was over, it was not affecting the podium, to have a hearing, as Gasly and Ocon had.”

He added: “It's up to the stewards to what is the right penalty, but for me at least for Carlos, for the team, to reopen the discussion, it’s a first step. The outcome of this will be up to the FIA. We have our argument for sure, but I will keep the argument for the FIA.

“For sure we are expecting the review of the decision, because it's a petition for review, and we are not going to get the same decision.”
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/65209594
Red Bull budget cap penalty 'very light', says Ferrari's Frederic Vasseur

Ferrari say Red Bull's strong start to the season is partly due to their being given
a "very light" punishment for breaking Formula 1's budget cap.

Ferrari team principal Frederic Vasseur says that Red Bull have done a "very good job" but the penalty they were given last October was "very low".

Red Bull were fined $7m (£6.07m) and given a 10% reduction in permitted aerodynamic research for a year.

The penalty was for breaching the sport's budget cap by £1.86m in 2021.

Red Bull have dominated the start of the 2023 season, winning all three races.

"I am still convinced the penalty was very light," Vasseur said in a news conference on Thursday.

"If you consider we will improve [the car's performance by] a bit less than one second over the season in terms of aero, [and] you get a penalty of one tenth of this,
it is [equivalent to a loss of] 0.1secs.

"As it is not a linear progression, it is probably less, and as you are allowed to spend this money somewhere else, on weight saving and so on, for me the penalty is marginal.

"I don't want to say they didn't do a good job because, honestly, they did a very good job on the car. I am not trying to find an excuse at all, but if you ask me if the penalty is too light, I say yes."
The Power of Dreams!

Farnborough
Farnborough

I feel they should review that penalty for Sainz, appropriate for me would be a points on his racing licence in recognition of the reality in a small error, that's it.

The team didn't need penalising for that error and those championship points should be credited to them.

Farnborough
Farnborough

All the comments about how that control of penalties in regard to budget is void as far as technical achievement is concerned.

The sport has created a format of budget limits paired with very controlling rules. The best thinking will simply out perform that which are not of the same level. It's no good the others bitching about the outcome, they need to think at that level or accept they won't win.

Its all a smokescreen really. The press headlines keep stoking it, but for what outcome?

I really like Ferrari racing in F1 but they've had years of high income/spend and what have they done with that advantage?

The car looks technically better than current results indicate, they really need to apply themselves to using that potential and show everyone that they can make decent cohesive plans to get them further in results at race end.

FW17

Wouter wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 09:10

Ferrari say Red Bull's strong start to the season is partly due to their being given

Ferrari team principal Frederic Vasseur says that Red Bull have done a "very good job" but the penalty they were given last October was "very low".

Red Bull were fined $7m (£6.07m) and given a 10% reduction in permitted aerodynamic research for a year.

"I am still convinced the penalty was very light," Vasseur said in a news conference on Thursday.

"If you consider we will improve [the car's performance by] a bit less than one second over the season in terms of aero, [and] you get a penalty of one tenth of this,

"As it is not a linear progression, it is probably less, and as you are allowed to spend this money somewhere else, on weight saving and so on, for me the penalty is marginal.

"I don't want to say they didn't do a good job because, honestly, they did a very good job on the car. I am not trying to find an excuse at all, but if you ask me if the penalty is too light, I say yes."

Frederic Vasseur the biggest mistake Ferrari made in 2023

F1NAC

FW17 wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 09:43
Wouter wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 09:10

In what sense? Who should they hire? For sure we cannot blame him for poor car perfomance yet. Altough I hope that strategic issue that happened in Q's is isolated case.

he was asked about a penalty and gave his view on that which is similar to most of TP's..

FW17

F1NAC wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 10:47
FW17 wrote:

In what sense? Who should they hire? For sure we cannot blame him for poor car perfomance yet. Altough I hope that strategic issue that happened in Q's is isolated case.

he was asked about a penalty and gave his view on that which is similar to most of TP's..
Williams got Toto's "successor".
Ferrari got a guy bettered by Cyril

F1NAC

FW17 wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 11:11
F1NAC wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 10:47
FW17 wrote:

Williams got Toto's "successor".
Ferrari got a guy bettered by Cyril
what are you talking about?? :wtf: :wtf:

ME4ME

The crime was also "very light", or actually "minor" by the financial regulations own definition. Vasseur should get over it, and start to get his house in order.

chrisc90

ME4ME wrote:
07 Apr 2023, 12:23
The crime was also "very light", or actually "minor" by the financial regulations own definition. Vasseur should get over it, and start to get his house in order.
Well said. I wonder when we will hear about the 2022 cost cap findings. 4 months into the next period now.

Pleased Ferrari have appealed the result. Does seem a bit late is isnt it only 96 hours after the race you can appeal the decision? They would also have had to have more evidence that wasnt considered at the time. So it will be interesting to see what they think they will use for their case of protest. I imagine the Sargent getting away trouble free will also be mentioned, which might end up him getting a penalty aswell together with Sainz original penalty still standing (if they go down that route)