2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wickedz50
wickedz50

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 15:53
Fernando, Briatore and Lawrence

Whatever's cooking, it better be quick and action oriented. Looks like Aston will start falling off from here on.

GoranF1
GoranF1

wickedz50 wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 16:09
KimiRai wrote:

Whatever's cooking, it better be quick and action oriented. Looks like Aston will start falling off from here on.
What???
Clearly 2nd fastest car in race pace on a worst kind of tracks car characteristics wise.
Alonso might even challenge RB in Monaco.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sevach wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 15:40
AR3-GP wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 15:04
Should Alonso have started to push sooner? That was close at the end. TV direction was poor.
I think Charles had him, some laps earlier Alonso brought the gap down to DRS range, Ferrari told Leclerc he was clear to push and the gap went to 3s plus, at the end Leclerc was probably cruising having the podium well on hand.
KimiRai wrote:
Not sure if Leclerc's tires really fell off or he just lifted on the last lap on purpose. Almost perfect execution by Fernando and great tyre deg that brings home a p4 on a weaker track.

What a difference from a teammate last year to one who doesn't wreck the races of both for his own benefit. Thank you to Lance. Either that, or egos are better managed by the team. Whichever way it is let's hope it stays that way and the team spirit between Stroll and Fernando is maintained. Last time the words team spirit were used, Fernando won two world championships...

Miami and Imola which should bring updates
Alonso trying to help Lance might've caused him problems, shortly after the tip about brake balance, Lance missed his braking and ended up overtaken by Hamilton.
Kinda cool but i don't know if it helped.
Is there a radio message confirming that Lance was even told anything?

It's a big leap to start blaming Alonso for a car he wasn't driving, and a driver who we don't even know was told anything :lol:
A lion must kill its prey.

Bisonas

max_speed wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 16:06
Did alonso attack leclrec bit late ?. I thought he will start attacking 10 laps to go but did not see much progress till last 5 laps. Overall great race but a bit disaapointed as i still have faith that alonso can fight for championship
Alonso and his engineer discussed tyre temps and did all check 11-12 laps before the end around 3.3 seconds behind LEC. Alonso said, ok numbers are good, let's go, and he started pushing. He did a purple first sector (his first in the race) but at that lap he did a mistake in the last sector lost time and came to around 4 seconds behind LEC.
At that time LEC started to pick up his pace also, and they where doing similar times with Fernando closing the gap very slowly until 5-6 laps before the end. Then he started trading fastest laps with Verstappen and was quicker than LEC.
LEC was pushing also. LEC may relaxed a bit in the last 2 laps, that's why Fernando came so close to him. They really had similar pace, both where pushing but the HARDS where holding up very well so tire DEG didn't play much of a role between ALO and LEC. LEC was smart enough to also save his rubber for the end.

NAPI10
NAPI10

I was expecting high tire deg on Ferraries but Charles drove beautifully. Not a bad weekend for AMs; I was not expecting Lance to complete the race after that shunt.AR23 is built like a tank =D> =D>
Next weekend is normal which will help AM to get back in rhythm. Guage new upgrades & get the set-up right.
Plus, high temperatures will suit AMR23 perfectly.

Venturiation
Venturiation

NAPI10 wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 17:00
I was expecting high tire deg on Ferraries but Charles drove beautifully. Not a bad weekend for AMs; I was not expecting Lance to complete the race after that shunt.AR23 is built like a tank =D> =D>
Next weekend is normal which will help AM to get back in rhythm. Guage new upgrades & get the set-up right.
is there a timeline for upgrades?
i remember they said it would come very late in the 2nd half of the season

NAPI10
NAPI10

Venturiation wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 17:03
NAPI10 wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 17:00
It seems they are moving away from 'Big' upgrades; the strategy is to get small ones every other race. Upgrades for this race(other than RW) were pushed off next due to a busy weekend.

Bisonas

At this point i want to point out something.
I always have the onboard of Alonso in a tablet with a Bluetooth headset in one ear hearing everything he and his engineer have to say.
The way they communicate is TOP TOP level.
They way they are dealing with tire temps break temps and checks, the way they are dealing with switch changes on the steering wheel, they way they are discussing an issue and try to solve it, or how and where can tire management can be done better, the efficiency of all the info his engineer is given him, data wise and procedure wise, guys seriously now.. is Phenomenal.
Nothing compared to what he had in Alpine.
Even the way his engineer is suggesting things to him, how calm, how polite and how efficiently is doing it, giving him options within the race, Not forcing him, not telling him, just suggesting him, is amazing.

In Alpine guys, no offence, his engineer some times was afraid to even speak to him because many times he knew what he had to say, Alonso wasn't going to like it. And the communication they had, was far less than what they are having or discussing now.

kudos to his engineer (Chris Cronin i think) and the whole team of people behind him.

avantman
avantman

GoranF1 wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 16:12
wickedz50 wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 16:09
KimiRai wrote:

What???
Clearly 2nd fastest car in race pace on a worst kind of tracks car characteristics wise.
Alonso might even challenge RB in Monaco.
Probably for P3, as Ferrari will be the car to beat there.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Bisonas wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 17:23
I always have the onboard of Alonso in a tablet with a Bluetooth headset in one ear hearing everything he and his engineer have to say.
They way they are dealing with tire temps break temps and checks, the way they are dealing with switch changes on the steering wheel, they way they are discussing an issue and try to solve it, or how and where can tire management can be done better, the efficiency of all the info his engineer is given him, data wise and procedure wise, guys seriously now.. is Phenomenal.
Even the way his engineer is suggesting things to him, how calm, how polite and how efficiently is doing it, giving him options within the race, Not forcing him, not telling him, just suggesting him, is amazing.

In Alpine guys, no offence, his engineer some times was afraid to even speak to him because many times he knew what he had to say, Alonso wasn't going to like it. And the communication they had, was far less than what they are having or discussing now.

kudos to his engineer (Chris Cronin i think) and the whole team of people behind him.
Good see him gel so well with the team & the entire team (including Lawrence) looks to him to take this team to the next level.Contrary to a lot of ppl predicting team sabotage to favor Lance.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

NAPI10 wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 18:03
Bisonas wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 17:23

Good see him gel so well with the team & the entire team (including Lawrence) looks to him to take this team to the next level.Contrary to a lot of ppl predicting team sabotage to favor Lance.
I can't even imagine this. The only real "issues" that Racing point had in the past was that they were still a small, underbudgeted, and chaotic team, so they could only build upgrades for 1 car and Lance tended to benefit.

I think that's in the past now that they are acting more like a top team. They can't afford only one set of upgrades if they want to be competitive.
A lion must kill its prey.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Venturiation wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 17:03
According to Krack: Imola, Montreal, Silverstone.
According to AMuS also Miami some that were split instead of Baku.

Mr Alcatraz

They know Fred is ba ba ba ba bad!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Rodak
Rodak

Sevach wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 15:40
AR3-GP wrote:
Should Alonso have started to push sooner? That was close at the end. TV direction was poor.
I think Charles had him, some laps earlier Alonso brought the gap down to DRS range, Ferrari told Leclerc he was clear to push and the gap went to 3s plus, at the end Leclerc was probably cruising having the podium well on hand.
KimiRai wrote:
Not sure if Leclerc's tires really fell off or he just lifted on the last lap on purpose. Almost perfect execution by Fernando and great tyre deg that brings home a p4 on a weaker track.

What a difference from a teammate last year to one who doesn't wreck the races of both for his own benefit. Thank you to Lance. Either that, or egos are better managed by the team. Whichever way it is let's hope it stays that way and the team spirit between Stroll and Fernando is maintained. Last time the words team spirit were used, Fernando won two world championships...

Miami and Imola which should bring updates
Alonso trying to help Lance might've caused him problems, shortly after the tip about brake balance, Lance missed his braking and ended up overtaken by Hamilton.
Kinda cool but i don't know if it helped.
Yeah, but we don't know if Alsonso's comment was passed on to Stroll or if Stroll did change his balance. Seriously, at F1 driver levels I would think blindly following advice like that is unlikely; each driver is in their car and understands what is happening and reacts to that. You have to have confidence you know what you're doing; look at Michael Andretti at McLaren - I've seen footage where his engineer is dismissively telling him what to do re braking..... Didn't work out so well.....

It's good to see Stroll and Alonso working together - Alonso certainly made a wise move leaving Alpine. It's also interesting that Aston is running the Mercedes rear end with, by regulation, the same ratios as Mercedes but having much better success.

Sevach
Sevach

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Apr 2023, 16:33

Is there a radio message confirming that Lance was even told anything?

It's a big leap to start blaming Alonso for a car he wasn't driving, and a driver who we don't even know was told anything :lol:
Obviously he isn't to blame, it's just something that occured to me and i thought it was curious/funny, Alonso makes a suggestion to help Lance over the radio, Lance immediately botches a corner and loses the position.
My mind immediately went there "did he try and couldn't handle it?".