2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Y'all responding to usual 0/10 bait by self proclaimed zealot.

mendis
mendis

Juzh wrote:
02 May 2023, 11:07
Y'all responding to usual 0/10 bait by self proclaimed zealot.
Is someone allowed to make such comments as baits to then attract aggressive responses? Does that qualify to be reported?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I had my suspicions about Red Bull's handling of the race in Baku GP, and Marko confirmed them.

Red Bull did not manage their pace strategically, and it led to excessive tire wear. Pushing too hard in the beginning of the stint killed the tires by the end. They are just fortunate to have an inherent performance advantage which means that even with worse tires, they are still as quick as those behind.

You can see this in the fuel corrected lap times ( it shows tire deg only) in the twitter post below, as well as Marko's comment here:
Despite Red Bull's continued success, there remained some aspects of the weekend that Marko believes could have been better.

"[Charles] Leclerc and [Fernando] Alonso drove the same lap times as us at the end, which means we didn't make the best use of our resources," he added.

"If we want to be at the front on a street circuit like Monte Carlo, we still have work to do.

"We had predicted that tyre wear would remain the same, but in our fast phases we may have overloaded the tyres a bit. Still, the potential of the car was not yet fully exploited."
https://racingnews365.com/marko-reveals ... rbaijan-gp

Last edited by AR3-GP on 02 May 2023, 15:51, edited 1 time in total.
A lion must kill its prey.

chrisc90

New livery this weekend too

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

jz11 wrote:
02 May 2023, 11:05
PlatinumZealot wrote:
02 May 2023, 02:14
I am more than concerned for Checo here. The psychological pressure of knowing your boss not only favours your teammate, but openly discredits your performance and is already setting you to fail way before any real problems occur. Checo must be a really strong character to endure this favouritism and still perform at the level he's doing now. Let's see how long he can keep up the fight.
because he knows the script, it has happened with Merc in last few years, when the car was much better than other teams, all media does is hype up the in team competition, Bottas 1.5, Bottas 2.0, Bottas 3.0, then it just goes all quiet all of a sudden when season starts to close down and the usual suspect wins it

Perez wasn't born yesterday, he knows his role, he also knows much more than we do about the F1 politics, he knows his only chance is what Rosberg had, be in the game as long as possible, and if misfortune favors the other guy, try and cash in, might get lucky
you are implying that Rosbeg only won because of luck or misfortune of lewis that cant be true over a season hard slog.
at one point in 2016 Nico had a winning streak of six races against lewis if you count last races from 2015,outqualifying him by over seven tenths in singapore gp but we never here about his heroics or misfotunes.perez is bringing in telsel money ,he said before he came to redbull it was a one man team i guess his the money come with equal treatment requirements.

PlatinumZealot

mendis wrote:
02 May 2023, 10:45
PlatinumZealot wrote:
02 May 2023, 02:14
I am more than concerned for Checo here. The psychological pressure of knowing your boss not only favours your teammate, but openly discredits your performance and is already setting you to fail way before any real problems occur. Checo must be a really strong character to endure this favouritism and still perform at the level he's doing now. Let's see how long he can keep up the fight.
One hell of a lucky driver! Got rescued by Vijay Mallya when his career came to an end after shambles at McLaren and then once again it came to a close before Red Bull rescued it and now, he ends up winning races where misfortune hits Max because the car is so far ahead of everyone else. How else would you describe that? :D

Only problem is, he still trails Max! When the cycle of misfortune comes around, just imagine!
I watched Checo since his debut and he was always threatening to be a top driver. He nearly won Malaysia in 2012 but for tiny slip up. It was enough to get him the Macca seat. At Macca he also fared well alongside Jenson Button, who is no slouch. At Force india, he ran hulk for his money, getting many podiums along the way. When the team went into Financial distress Checo managed to round up some funds to pay salaries. When the Racing point could win, he won with it! Luck? That's not luck in my book.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Ferrari’s qualifying pace should put RB on notice. Its a fast car. I’m anticipating a Ferrari pole in Miami as well.
A lion must kill its prey.

Juzh

AR3-GP wrote:
03 May 2023, 06:23
Ferrari’s qualifying pace should put RB on notice. Its a fast car. I’m anticipating a Ferrari pole in Miami as well.
More likely since track's been resurfaced. A lot of resurfacing going on this year, first melbourne, then baku, now miami :shock:

etusch

AR3-GP wrote:
I assume they reverted to settings of start of 2022 season with keeping a little bit more tyre life. And this made Leclerc fast Sainz slow again.

DGP123
DGP123

AR3-GP wrote:
Doubtful that they are worried. Fast on Saturday with one driver. Unfortunately, slow on a Sunday, and easily overtaken with DRS. RB’s worries are reliability, and whether or not Perez consistently challenges Max, and gives them a headache.

Wouter

Livery reveal May 4 . CET: 01:30 am. Great time in Europe when everyone is Image.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Translated with GT:

"Red Bull was not yet able to fully exploit the RB19 update potential, Miami provides a better picture"
by Terrence Riepma today, 13:27

Red Bull Racing should benefit more in Miami from the update package that was brought to Azerbaijan. This is reported by the usually well-established Formu1a.uno on Wednesday afternoon. In Baku, Red Bull was not yet able to make optimal use of some new parts, but that would mainly be due to the nature of the street circuit.

In Baku, Red Bull came up with a slightly modified sidepod, with the cooling intakes being smaller, but also longer. Adrian Newey wanted to create more airflow under the sidepod while also improving the cooling of the car. An update with both aerodynamic and cooling improvements. Nevertheless, Red Bull in Azerbaijan was not yet able to optimally assess how good the update was.

After all, there was only one free practice due to the Sprint format and Max Verstappen was therefore not comfortable with the balance of his RB19. The update should have saved three tenths of time, but in Baku only half of the time was saved. The fact that Charles Leclerc was closer with his Ferrari, especially in qualifying, contributed to a slightly distorted picture.
Red Bull did not want to postpone updates, development curve is slimming down in the long run

Red Bull still wanted to take the update package to Azerbaijan and not postpone it to Miami, because it would guarantee time savings. Now the Miami International Autodrome must be more favorable for the RB19 due to the different nature of the circuit compared to the Baku City Circuit. It must also be said that updates that Red Bull are now implementing are mainly aimed at this phase of the season.

The fact is: Red Bull hopes to be able to focus on 2024 in the long term. Updates for this phase of the season must be implemented up to and including Silverstone, after which the development curve of the team from Milton Keynes slims down. That has two reasons. One, as mentioned, the focus on 2024 and two, the limited wind tunnel time due to the penalty for exceeding the budget cap. It is therefore a task for Red Bull to make good use of that time.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Miami livery.

The Power of Dreams!

kediown

The Waché one made me laugh haha