2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
07 May 2023, 23:47
I had a thought about ...could it be that last year's car wasn't as bad as the standings made it look? In a race like today's, that Alonso absolutely destroys Stroll....makes you go hmmmm...
And likewise it’s hard to tell how good is this years Aston?
Just a fan's point of view

diffuser

Postmoe wrote:
08 May 2023, 11:19
diffuser wrote:
I had a thought about ...could it be that last year's car wasn't as bad as the standings made it look? In a race like today's, that Alonso absolutely destroys Stroll....makes you go hmmmm...
The guy has consistently destroyed his teammates for all the duration of his career, I wouldn't focus on Stroll.
Vettel wasn't, that's the point. Last year's car was faster than vettel was making it look.

I get it, Alonso's still driving like the Ferrari year's. No accidents, no speeding in the pit lane just super consistent, piling up the points race after race.

AMG.Tzan

diffuser wrote:
08 May 2023, 13:40
Postmoe wrote:
08 May 2023, 11:19
diffuser wrote:
The guy has consistently destroyed his teammates for all the duration of his career, I wouldn't focus on Stroll.
Vettel wasn't, that's the point. Last year's car was faster than vettel was making it look.

I get it, Alonso's still driving like the Ferrari year's. No accidents, no speeding in the pit lane just super consistent, piling up the points race after race.
In the second half of the season at least, yes the car was much better but I remember them having some misfortune too which cost them some points!

Vettel clearly wasn’t anywhere near Alonso’s pace and that’s the reason he retired! Had he been fast enough he wouldn’t retire for sure…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

diffuser

While watching the race yesterday, I was initially following Alonso on the driver CAM. Once the race got to the point where Max got past Alonso, Alonso was on the hards, he was past Sainz, it started to get a little boring. So I switched to following Stroll. While in a DRS train,the engineer asked Stroll to use the "Push for pass" button down the long straight before the final corner. The car was flying, well into 340s KPH.

Redragon

I think Alonso could have better pace and be closer to Redbull on late stages seeing how great pace they had on Friday with hard tyres. But i think they were conserving engine and maintaining the constant gap. The year is long and sanctions for changing engines will come to play. Verstapen was pushing that car yesterday to the limit to win. I might be wrong but Alo might pull a 2012 and be much closer on the second half of the year. For now keep scoring constantly and not dropping much behind. Let’s see how it goes after summer break

organic

diffuser wrote:
08 May 2023, 14:54
While watching the race yesterday, I was initially following Alonso on the driver CAM. Once the race got to the point where Max got past Alonso, Alonso was on the hards, he was past Sainz, it started to get a little boring. So I switched to following Stroll. While in a DRS train,the engineer asked Stroll to use the "Push for pass" button down the long straight before the final corner. The car was flying, well into 340s KPH.
I believe stroll recorded the highest speed in the race (over 350 kph)

NAPI10
NAPI10

Next 3 races are AM's strong suits....I am hoping/praying for at least one victory [-o< [-o< [-o<

vorticism

NAPI10 wrote:
08 May 2023, 20:01
Next 3 races are AM's strong suits....I am hoping/praying for at least one victory [-o< [-o< [-o<
Monaco would be fantastic. :!:
𓄀

organic

Monaco is their best chance if their tyre warmup is fine

NAPI10
NAPI10

organic wrote:
08 May 2023, 20:10
Monaco is their best chance if their tyre warmup is fine
Even Barcelona...courtesy Alonso. He said it at least thrice during post-race interviews.

Juzh

organic wrote:
08 May 2023, 17:03
diffuser wrote:
08 May 2023, 14:54
I believe stroll recorded the highest speed in the race (over 350 kph)

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I find this kind of analysis to be shallow. They don't paint any particular picture. You have the Mclarens listed ahead of Alonso....I guess Aston Martin is in trouble...oh no wait Stroll is at the top :wink:

The only measurements of value are those conducted in isolation in qualifying laps. Race calculations are based on massive slipstreams and DRS for people who were at the back.
A lion must kill its prey.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
08 May 2023, 21:09
I find this kind of analysis to be shallow. They don't paint any particular picture. You have the Mclarens listed ahead of Alonso....I guess Aston Martin is in trouble...oh no wait Stroll is at the top :wink:

The only measurements of value are those conducted in isolation in qualifying laps. Race calculations are based on massive slipstreams and DRS for people who were at the back.
Think you missed the point. Well, at-least my point. was just that Stroll push the "push to pass button " to get there.
Last edited by diffuser on 09 May 2023, 02:42, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
08 May 2023, 21:50
AR3-GP wrote:
08 May 2023, 21:09

Think you missed the point. We'll, atleast my point...was just that Stroll push the "push to bypass button " to get there.
Sorry I wasn't referring to your post. It was the tweet...I have a long standing axe to grind with this twitter channel. It's a hybrid of actual information mixed in with shock value...It annoys me. :lol:
A lion must kill its prey.

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
08 May 2023, 21:57
Sorry I wasn't referring to your post. It was the tweet...I have a long standing axe to grind with this twitter channel. It's a hybrid of actual information mixed in with shock value...It annoys me. :lol:
It's a good formula that works for most of the audience.