2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

selvam_e2002 wrote:
28 May 2023, 17:17
it is not a car. it is driver. Sainz throw away P4, Lecrec got 3 place grid penalty due to blocking Norris(it team fault). with these driver line up even the good car will not win race.
example AM last year with Vettel Stroll.
I want that. Whatever you are smok*ng

dialtone
dialtone

Xwang wrote:
dialtone wrote:
28 May 2023, 17:10
Xwang wrote: If you consider that it wasn't that bad loosing 1 sec per lap in Monaco in the first 20 laps, what is bad?
They were behind ocon man. The car was faster than ocon and hamilton by a mile.
I do not agree on that
How do you think sainz broke his front wing?

You can obviously not agree but sainz spent 20 laps within 1s of ocon and in monaco position is king since you can’t pass. After 20 laps though oco started opening a gap and when he pit sai next lap was so bad Ferrari had to cover hamilton. LEC then proceeded to lose an eternity to hamilton on the hards that he actually gained back right before the rain. Tires don’t last on this car.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

selvam_e2002 wrote:
28 May 2023, 17:17
it is not a car. it is driver. Sainz throw away P4, Lecrec got 3 place grid penalty due to blocking Norris(it team fault). with these driver line up even the good car will not win race.
example AM last year with Vettel Stroll.
Are we comparing the 22 Aston Martin now?
The current Ferrari is not --- like the AM was but at this rate it may reach it.

Xwang
Xwang

dialtone wrote:
28 May 2023, 17:21
Xwang wrote:
dialtone wrote:

I do not agree on that

You can obviously not agree but sainz spent 20 laps within 1s of ocon and in monaco position is king since you can’t pass. After 20 laps though oco started opening a gap and when he pit sai next lap was so bad Ferrari had to cover hamilton. LEC then proceeded to lose an eternity to hamilton on the hards that he actually gained back right before the rain. Tires don’t last on this car.
You said that Ferrari was faster than Icon and Hamilton, but now you say that when both pitted Sainz had to cover Hamilton... If he was really faster he would not have to change the hard just one lap after the others had changed their medium, so IMHO he was not faster than them and indeed they tried, without managing to do that, to defend the position

dialtone
dialtone

Xwang wrote:
dialtone wrote:
Xwang wrote: I do not agree on that

You said that Ferrari was faster than Icon and Hamilton, but now you say that when both pitted Sainz had to cover Hamilton... If he was really faster he would not have to change the hard just one lap after the others had changed their medium, so IMHO he was not faster than them and indeed they tried, without managing to do that, to defend the position
No. I said they were faster in the first 20 laps. Then the car started losing performance.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Leclerc said the tyres had a massive cliff out of nowhere in the first stint.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Starting to tire of Ferrari. Poor strategy calls, mistakes on the pit wall, and ponderous upgrades. I can’t see how if Merc can manage to create a B spec car, Ferrari can’t do the same.
They’d better not stop upgrading this year to start 2024 development like last year. They need to spend the year actually working this **** out!

LM10
LM10

Vinlarr89 wrote:
28 May 2023, 18:07
Starting to tire of Ferrari. Poor strategy calls, mistakes on the pit wall, and ponderous upgrades. I can’t see how if Merc can manage to create a B spec car, Ferrari can’t do the same.
They’d better not stop upgrading this year to start 2024 development like last year. They need to spend the year actually working this **** out!
It’s not a B spec car what Ferrari needs.

Mr.S
Mr.S

How ridiculous was the Box to Overtake Ocon thing. Ferrari looked like a joke while doing it twice, when Sainz was on the Hards with 50 laps to go ! I would have had both Sainz & Leclerc stretch. Anyways you can't overtake here & they should have pitted for the 1 Stop to Inters !

Also, Leclerc Norris was a dud call for the race engg who should have warned Leclerc. Sainz made a bone headed decision & barged into Ocon for no reason !

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I was surprised that the undercut on Ocon didn't work. Normally the strenght of the Ferrari is getting heat into the tires. Then I was also surprised (or maybe not), with how quickly they burned through the inters, after struggling to warm them up :wtf:

codetower

Vinlarr89 wrote:
The frustration is huge, but to be fair Mercedes has been working this B-spec car since last year. Besides, let's wait and see how well this upgrade will work. It may not be much better than what they had.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dialtone wrote:
Xwang wrote:
dialtone wrote:

I do not agree on that
by being terribly clumsy. He has to stop hitting things...

f1316
f1316

If there’s a strategy decision to be made, Ferrari will get it wrong - and Sainz plays his part in that because he kept saying “stay out” when an undercut would clearly have got him past. But he doesn’t have any faith in the strategy and I guess who came blame him. They got the regular stops wrong and then got the timing of stopping for inters wrong. This after costing Charles a chance to be in the race with Max and Fernando (and consequently being boxed up behind Ocon and Hamilton) due to not warning him about Norris in quali.

Sainz can’t really complain. Part of the reason he was in the position he was was due to running into the back of Ocon. He’s made his share of errors this weekend and is consistently bad in race craft (can you remember a time he ever came out on top in some kind of race battle?).

But the big problem is strategy. They very very rarely make the right call and the excuses are over - they need new people in this division. I’m still not clear on what Ferrari brought here in terms of updates - Fred confirmed it was the Imola package but not sure what that consisted of. Either way, they better hope that what they bring to Spain sorts the ride height stability (and hence tyre wear) issues because the race team has no hope of executing well without a quick car.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

codetower wrote:
28 May 2023, 18:36
Vinlarr89 wrote:
The frustration is huge, but to be fair Mercedes has been working this B-spec car since last year. Besides, let's wait and see how well this upgrade will work. It may not be much better than what they had.
My frustration isn’t with Ferrari not creating a B spec car, or with Merc being able too.. it’s the fact that they don’t learn!

Last year pit wall mistakes this year maybe less but still mistakes. Strategy has been poor for years now. Someone said earlier on quite rightly, when was the last time they got an undercut call right and it worked? They seem so passive in their strategy, and when they go bold they get it wrong. Of course some of it is luck, and they get zero by the way.

Then there’s the car upgrades. Year after year Ferrari bring next to no updates throughout the season allowing teams to close the gap on them or not close the gap on others. They don’t learn. How many years have we heard ‘we’re switching focus to next years car’ I would understand had they presented something radically different from f1-75 this year, but it’s an evolution!

I really hope the upgrades for Spain are more than I’m anticipating. I can see it being a diffuser and a tweaked suspension.

dialtone
dialtone

AR3-GP wrote:
28 May 2023, 18:45
dialtone wrote:
Xwang wrote:
I do not agree on that
by being terribly clumsy. He has to stop hitting things...
Everyone hit something this race, and even if that was a relevant comment, SAI wouldn't have been in the position to be clumsy without the car having pace, which it did at the start.