2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren111

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Swed3121 wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 17:25
A rough calc on Norris ideal lap would put him P2, 0.35 off Verstappen, what an absolute rockstar.
We may have a tractor, but by god can our farmer hustle it…
=D> =D>

MrGapes

Honestly I see possibly 5 maybe even 6 cars that could be faster than us... the car is also down 6-10kph on the straights so defending won't be possible. Please temper expectations if its a normal race without incident or weather events expect us to go backwards.

mwillems

The cooler conditions are going to definitely give us better pace than if it were hotter, so it is good conditions here for a P7-8 finish, which will be good points. Hopefully there can be some carnage around us to help us along.

If it rains, we stand a much better chance and this could push us further up the grid. However, rain in the race is predicted as no greater than 10% now, so it is highly unlikely.

We will get pushed back I'm sure, and we will have to be careful not to degrade the tyres in those fights but due to yesterdays good luck, we will likely get a lot more points than if we'd have started 9th and 12th if yesterday had not rained. Obviously this puts in a decent position to try and reduce the points to Alpine a little, if we are able to. Fingers crossed Gasly will crash with someone that doesn't drive an Orange car.

Even better, Macron could add another two years to the pension age and they'll tip the Alpine over and burn it.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

bauc

If we can do another race in the double points I will be happy today. GO NOR GO PIA
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Ir3NiCuS
Ir3NiCuS

I don't know why you guys think the overtake will be easy and Lando will fall back.
T13-T14 is a high-speed corner which means staying close is quite hard. Also, don't forget that with the right ERS management/deployment, you can defend well.
I'm not saying we will be on the podium but we will fight for the top6 - fingers crossed.

mwillems

Ir3NiCuS wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:25
I don't know why you guys think the overtake will be easy and Lando will fall back.
T13-T14 is a high-speed corner which means staying close is quite hard. Also, don't forget that with the right ERS management/deployment, you can defend well.
I'm not saying we will be on the podium but we will fight for the top6 - fingers crossed.
We might have a decent theoretical lap time if no one is behind or in front, but in the race they will have a tow from us throughout a lap and will keep in tough until DRS is enabled and take us on the straights, particularly if we don't get every corner exit right before DRS. Mess that up and they will be close enough to DRS past us, we will likely struggle to get the speed to get anyone else back on the straight, at least this high up the grid. Then we also have to manage our tyres.

-Bandit

MrGapes

mwillems wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:43
Ir3NiCuS wrote:
We might have a decent theoretical lap time if no one is behind or in front, but in the race they will have a tow from us throughout a lap and will keep in tough until DRS is enabled and take us on the straights, particularly if we don't get every corner exit right before DRS. Mess that up and they will be close enough to DRS past us, we will likely struggle to get the speed to get anyone else back on the straight, at least this high up the grid. Then we also have to manage our tyres.
We have good downforce compared to others in the fast stuff... hopefully we can manage the front left a little better than others and use that to extend a stint.

mwillems

MrGapes wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:48
mwillems wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 12:43
Ir3NiCuS wrote:
We have good downforce compared to others in the fast stuff... hopefully we can manage the front left a little better than others and use that to extend a stint.
Our positive characteristics were amplified by the tyres, we won't be much different through the high speeds than others around us. And every time I've thought our downforce will help us with the tyres and pit options, we do the same strategy largely as others. Hopefully this time it will be a bit different. I wonder if the fact that we can get the tyres hotter easier is the problem we have with the car, in normal temps we overheat them and lose grip. Is that another reason for running more DF?

I think ten laps in, incidents aside, we will be in our natural position that we can start to fight.

-Bandit

search

Ir3NiCuS wrote:
I'd think so too, Top 6 should be a realistic goal today. Leclerc, Russell and Perez start miles behind, and the pace of most cars (apart from Verstappen) looked relatively close on Friday.

Big Tea

With Stroll Ocon and Hulk behind Lando I think there could be a good chance of a DRS train keeping the pack behind long enough to get a nice gap and allow tactical tyre change.
TBH, I think any sort of double points would be a good showing, but if things fall correctly I see a 6th as possible and 5th not out of the question.
He does not have to be quicker than all the other cars, just the one immediately behind him
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Lucky
Lucky

organic

Lucky wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:09

Looking good =D>

MrGapes

organic wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:28
Lucky wrote:

Looking good =D>
I hope if it rains 1 or 2 laps after, otherwise we will get robbed on the rubbered in side of the grid :lol:

oooorrrr we fire up the tyres really well and we blitz off the line? either way
Last edited by MrGapes on 04 Jun 2023, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

Lucky
Lucky

MrGapes wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:40
organic wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 13:28
Lucky wrote:

Looking good =D>
I hope if it rains 1 or 2 laps after, otherwise we will get robbed on the rubbered in side of the grid :lol:
We're starting on the right side

nevill3

working on Landos car on the grid
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978