2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

I think it is due to tyre working temperature.

max_speed
max_speed

All that Big Talk by Krack has failed. we have closed the gap to redbull and high speed corners are our strength blah blah. Feerari & Mclaren have closed in with Updates. Aston has fallen behind according to me. better to bring new updates faster. disappointing Quali

Mr.S
Mr.S

Yea. Everyone has bought so many upgrades & have made such a huge step. Gap to RB is down. Mclaren are up there & with the Silverstone/Hungary package could well be leading the chasing pack.

I thought there was more pace there & Alonso could have been a couple of tenths quicker than Stroll & perhaps gotten to within 2.5-3 tenths behind Max @ P4/P5 types. Alonso was not good throughout the session & Stroll looked better.

Ferrari are also down 3 floors & Mercedes have had a literally B-Spec Car. Aston had a decent upgrade in Canada & perhaps some bits in Monaco/Barca. The others have really pushed, Mclaren were having upgrades in Baku etc & had already made a step before these 3 huge upgrades in Austria, Silverstone & Hungary. It is going to be tight. Piastri & Perez could be ahead in Britain & maybe Russel as well & making Q3 will be a fight. The margins are so tight. If Aston can get a big upgrade, they can breathe on Max's neck or they can be out of Q3, who knows ! Alonso for all his race pace & race craft & babysitting Stroll, has to find the final 1 or 2 tenths in Q3 otherwise it will be tough to win podiums from now on.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Fwiw I don't think Alonso is good in Austria. He was behind Ocon here last year.

If that's not the case, then it was a dreadful performance.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 30 Jun 2023, 18:29, edited 2 times in total.
A lion must kill its prey.

organic

Are we forgetting that amr was almost or even potentially going to win Canada on pure pace two weeks ago? :lol:

It's one bad result at a race where you don't get a chance to improve much on setup shortly after Canada where they brought new sidepods, floor etc

They've had very little dry running since the new package and are likely still ironing out the kinks. Not everything needs a big reaction

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 18:27
Fwiw I don't think Alonso is good in Austria.
No, Fernando does well in Austria.

Already in FP1 Fernando did an angry hand gesture and said "no" with his head multiple times so I suspected something was wrong with the car. That it isn't as fast as hoped is already obvious, so we'll see if we know more later. Anyways let's calm down.

GoranF1
GoranF1

There is something wrong whit Alonso's car.
Anything Stroll can do Alonso can do half a second better.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

NAPI10
NAPI10

GoranF1 wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 19:27
I was hoping for '0.2Sec ' down on Redbull as a worst-case scenario but didn't expect this much of a gap to the leader. Something is definitely wrong :( :(

Redragon

Alo had only one set of tyres for Q3 as he had to use one extra on Q2 because had one lap deleted for track limits. So he had only one chance on Q3. Their race pace looks good, and it is a weekend of two races. I wouldn't be so negative about it. Let's see where they finish on Sunday.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Redragon wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 20:31
Alo had only one set of tyres for Q3 as he had to use one extra on Q2 because had one lap deleted for track limits. So he had only one chance on Q3. Their race pace looks good, and it is a weekend of two races. I wouldn't be so negative about it. Let's see where they finish on Sunday.
Do we have race pace numbers?

alonsofan
alonsofan

GoranF1 wrote:
aye aye to that

KimiRai
KimiRai

GoranF1 wrote:
Lance's not an idiot, contrary to popular opinion he does know how to drive an F1 car.
Regardless of any car gremlins or not it was an extremely weird qualifying with times being deleted everywhere (look where Pérez and Russell ended) so at least having both cars in Q3 isn't the end of the world. Fernando with a good race(s) can get ahead of Pérez in the championship if there is good race pace.

zoroastar

this is a sprint weekend. all this doom and gloom is ridiculous until we see what happens in the race, and then silverstone. i dont see how some people survive with such drastic ups and downs between each practice session haha. werent people screaming after the first race that we had to wait 3 races in to see if they are truely competitive. now we have a single quali, on a single track, and people are screaming that we are now behind mclaren on pure pace. SMH
Last edited by zoroastar on 01 Jul 2023, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.

zoroastar

organic wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 18:29
Are we forgetting that amr was almost or even potentially going to win Canada on pure pace two weeks ago? :lol:

It's one bad result at a race where you don't get a chance to improve much on setup shortly after Canada where they brought new sidepods, floor etc

They've had very little dry running since the new package and are likely still ironing out the kinks. Not everything needs a big reaction
amen

zoroastar

alonso seems fairly upbeat except for only having one lap in Q3. doesnt seem to be panicking. hopefully both cars can get through the opening laps of the sprint without getting anything crushed. i hope lance watches his mirrors. the only times that he and alonso have done much racing on track, there has been contact.