2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

How do you think AM race pace is compared to Ferrari, Mercedes and Lando Norris in clean air?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

KimiRai
KimiRai

Aston is now just 5 points behind Mercedes in the constructors. Goes to show that despite a weaker car than expected this weekend, being consistent with both drivers is more important. Hopefully that continues tomorrow.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 18:53
But Aston makes terrible strategies, they are not at the level, etc.... Irony aside, the decision to stay in the inters was perfect and great job from both of them.

Mr.S wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 18:12
Alonso had bad blood everywhere from Ferrari to Mclaren to Alpine !
What those three teams have in common is being consistent failures in providing a great car for their drivers, it's not his fault. If Lewis had stayed for McHonda (which is a realistic possibility) I'd bet money he wouldn't have lasted for the whole 2015 season driving for a backmarker car who broke down every race, both slow and unreliable, let alone 4 years in the team working very hard despite the adversities and lack of power while you are forced to watch your old rivals win. Vettel certainly didn't last and broke down after driving two years of bad Astons despite being younger than Fernando. But sure, even though coming from a working class family of miners, I'm sure he's just an entitled diva and that's all there is to it.
Pretty good strategy today. Honestly I can't remember the last strategy decision they made that went bad?

f1universe
f1universe

PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 18:59
So Alonso ever the politician is being nice to Lance to secure a seat in the great cars cars that Dan Fallows will be making the future.
Alonso already has a contract for 2024.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Apparently AM struggling this weekend due to low track temperature.
Krack said he wishes track temps above 60°
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

KimiRai
KimiRai

Fernando with Hards.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Pace with Mediums is absolute garbage.

KimiRai
KimiRai

KimiRai wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 15:33
Pace with Mediums is absolute garbage.
Nevermind it seems Fernando did his usual thing of preserving tyres during the first half of the stint.

Jambier

GoranF1 wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 14:48
Apparently AM struggling this weekend due to low track temperature.
Krack said he wishes track temps above 60°
Track too cold
Too front limited in Spain

Big limits to the car with McLaren faster now :/

I fear a nightmare in Silverstone ..

PinkFloydPulse

I wonder how many will say "Oh how the mighty have fallen..." for the Teams pace this race... Guess having a new package and not having the time to understand it completely could be paying it's toll this time around... Hope Silverstone is better because they are nowhere this race. =D>
Team Fernando!

peewon

diffuser wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 22:18
KimiRai wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 18:53
But Aston makes terrible strategies, they are not at the level, etc.... Irony aside, the decision to stay in the inters was perfect and great job from both of them.

Mr.S wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 18:12
Alonso had bad blood everywhere from Ferrari to Mclaren to Alpine !
What those three teams have in common is being consistent failures in providing a great car for their drivers, it's not his fault. If Lewis had stayed for McHonda (which is a realistic possibility) I'd bet money he wouldn't have lasted for the whole 2015 season driving for a backmarker car who broke down every race, both slow and unreliable, let alone 4 years in the team working very hard despite the adversities and lack of power while you are forced to watch your old rivals win. Vettel certainly didn't last and broke down after driving two years of bad Astons despite being younger than Fernando. But sure, even though coming from a working class family of miners, I'm sure he's just an entitled diva and that's all there is to it.
Pretty good strategy today. Honestly I can't remember the last strategy decision they made that went bad?
Monaco wasn't that long ago. Miami in quali. Even today, Alonso was 1 sec behind Norris, closing in. Norris pitted and for some reason AM waited 2 more laps to pit Alonso. Gap became 8-9 seconds.

max_speed
max_speed

Aston has definitely fallen behind. Mclaren has made a huge jump and merc and aston are almost on same pace. Not a great day

Jambier

Not good.

Too slow, need another package I think or maybe a car that can be fast in every condition

KimiRai
KimiRai

Race pace wasn't that bad, I don't agree that Aston has "fallen behind". In my opinion it's rather that all cars are pretty close so performance will keep swinging over circuits depending on the track layout and other factors. Aston is just 6 points off P2 and they took more points than Mercedes this weekend.

Norris was lucky with multiple laps of DRS gifted by Sainz and also Bottas doing what he did to Fernando. If not for those it would've been close in the last laps.

DGP123
DGP123

I said AMR would stagnate over the season, and wouldn’t be able to improve the initial concept.

I do wonder how long Alonso hangs around for. The honeymoon is over now.