2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

scuderiabrandon wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 20:03
Not sure what to expect from Zandvoort, I assume Monza and Singapore can both be on the stronger side for us.

The 3 races after that will require us to make a step forward otherwise they'll be ugly. Especially Qatar. I hope to see a new floor that follows the trend of Red Bull, McLaren. They all have very interesting 3D like extruded details on the venturi tunnel roof which we seem to completely lack.

https://ibb.co/FJxj9jz
Im not sure I understand very well the characteristics of the car.
Why Zandvoort and Singapore (very slow corner in Singapore) would be particularly good for the car ?

scuderiabrandon

Spoutnik wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 20:08
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Not sure what to expect from Zandvoort, I assume Monza and Singapore can both be on the stronger side for us.

The 3 races after that will require us to make a step forward otherwise they'll be ugly. Especially Qatar. I hope to see a new floor that follows the trend of Red Bull, McLaren. They all have very interesting 3D like extruded details on the venturi tunnel roof which we seem to completely lack.

Why Zandvoort and Singapore (very slow corner in Singapore) would be particularly good for the car ?
Zandvoort is an unknown for me, medium speed front limited circuit it has been the weakness of the car since the start of the season. Monza is like spa so I expect similar performance there. Singapore is traction limited, a strength of the car and we always seem a bit more competitive there.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

scuderiabrandon wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 20:17
Spoutnik wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 20:08
scuderiabrandon wrote:

Zandvoort is an unknown for me, medium speed front limited circuit it has been the weakness of the car since the start of the season. Monza is like spa so I expect similar performance there. Singapore is traction limited, a strength of the car and we always seem a bit more competitive there.
Thank you for your answer, I understand.
Is the car particularly good in slow speed corner, if we exclude traction ? Monaco was a good race, but not particularly for Ferrari.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Just start by looking where the SF90 was good. Canada, Spa, Monza, Singapore, etc.

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 17:43
I have no opinion on the Carlos incident.
You have no opinion on something? Sorry, not buying it :mrgreen:

Sevach wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 16:57
These tires from Silverstone onwards don't degrade as much, they are fairly consistent, Ferrari just has in their mindset to be scared of deg.
Ferrari pretty much stayed where they qualified for a couple of races now.
I'm confused by today's performance to be honest. I expected a tough fight for P4 with Alonso, but instead the P3 was fairly secure the whole time. Either something was very off in Hungary or today in Spa.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Vanja #66 wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 21:17
AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 17:43
I have no opinion on the Carlos incident.
You have no opinion on something? Sorry, not buying it :mrgreen:

Sevach wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 16:57
These tires from Silverstone onwards don't degrade as much, they are fairly consistent, Ferrari just has in their mindset to be scared of deg.
Ferrari pretty much stayed where they qualified for a couple of races now.
I'm confused by today's performance to be honest. I expected a tough fight for P4 with Alonso, but instead the P3 was fairly secure the whole time. Either something was very off in Hungary or today in Spa.
Maybe in spa there was simply no 2nd force in McLaren as they didn't have a low downforce wing ready so Ferrari looked comparatively closer? It is one possibility, but then Leclerc was close to Perez

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Good pitwork.

Vanja #66

organic wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 23:45
Maybe in spa there was simply no 2nd force in McLaren as they didn't have a low downforce wing ready so Ferrari looked comparatively closer? It is one possibility, but then Leclerc was close to Perez
Yeah, could be, we'll see how things stand in Zandvoort
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

https://formu1a.uno/ferrari-ancora-un-i ... orpoising/
SF-23 has changed its appearance and will change again as much as possible within the financial limits. The technical department will complete the installation of the new parts in late September and early October with a package that is said to be more substantial than the one already introduced in Barcelona.

scuderiabrandon

I'm itching to see what they cook up for 2024. I wonder how much performance is left on the table around the sidepod undercut area being so limited by the SIS. Moving the SIS lower seems inevitable. I would assume getting rid of the inwashing concept. I am not so sure about what they would do in terms of engine cover design, but if they go with the typical downwash/ waterslide solution I assume they would want to keep the cooling losses higher up and/or more rearwards. So perhaps a conventional canon style design here.

As I've mentioned in 2024 speculation thread I strongly believe teams will take massive advantage of the RV-CH-MID reg box volume as this is the area responsible for the s-duct, halo winglets, mercedes' floor vane etc. Expecting some innovations here.

Complete chang ein floor philosphy. The more cars floors get exposed the more obvious it becomes that they are not doing enough with it. I believe this might change as soon as Japan this year.

I believe any chances in the suspension geometry will more aero motivated rather than mechanical (pure speculation nothing to back this)

Xyz22
Xyz22

scuderiabrandon wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 17:32
I'm itching to see what they cook up for 2024. I wonder how much performance is left on the table around the sidepod undercut area being so limited by the SIS. Moving the SIS lower seems inevitable. I would assume getting rid of the inwashing concept. I am not so sure about what they would do in terms of engine cover design, but if they go with the typical downwash/ waterslide solution I assume they would want to keep the cooling losses higher up and/or more rearwards. So perhaps a conventional canon style design here.

As I've mentioned in 2024 speculation thread I strongly believe teams will take massive advantage of the RV-CH-MID reg box volume as this is the area responsible for the s-duct, halo winglets, mercedes' floor vane etc. Expecting some innovations here.

Complete chang ein floor philosphy. The more cars floors get exposed the more obvious it becomes that they are not doing enough with it. I believe this might change as soon as Japan this year.

I believe any chances in the suspension geometry will more aero motivated rather than mechanical (pure speculation nothing to back this)
They need to redo the entire suspension system and the floor more than everything else.

scuderiabrandon

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Expect the 24 car to be converging on RBR. Not sure we will see a shift towards the RBR floor this year though. For me it’s going to be difficult given the cost cap. Suspension definitely critical for 24

scuderiabrandon

Vinlarr89 wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 22:17
Expect the 24 car to be converging on RBR. Not sure we will see a shift towards the RBR floor this year though. For me it’s going to be difficult given the cost cap. Suspension definitely critical for 24
Another major package is confirmed for the 2nd half of the season so not unlikely.

If you look at teams like AMR, MCL, MB all of them brought substanstial amount of upgrades during the 2022 season without exceeding. With further optimization of financials, material/manufacturing cost, you'll see teams be able to fit more development into the budget cap.

organic

scuderiabrandon wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 22:32
Vinlarr89 wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 22:17
Another major package is confirmed for the 2nd half of the season so not unlikely.

If you look at teams like AMR, MCL, MB all of them brought substanstial amount of upgrades during the 2022 season without exceeding. With further optimization of financials, material/manufacturing cost, you'll see teams be able to fit more development into the budget cap.
In 2022 by Hungary (pre-summer shutdown) Merc, RB, Ferrari had all brought 2 extensive floor upgrades along with a bunch of other developments - 2 extra RWs for Ferrari for instance.

This season there's been far, far less than that. Of course that's natural that the first season of the regs there is rapid development as teams are copying each others ideas and everything evolves rapidly. However I think most teams haven't used all of the available development budget yet.