2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
scuderiabrandon

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

organic wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 22:37
scuderiabrandon wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 22:32
Vinlarr89 wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 22:17
Expect the 24 car to be converging on RBR. Not sure we will see a shift towards the RBR floor this year though. For me it’s going to be difficult given the cost cap. Suspension definitely critical for 24
Another major package is confirmed for the 2nd half of the season so not unlikely.

If you look at teams like AMR, MCL, MB all of them brought substanstial amount of upgrades during the 2022 season without exceeding. With further optimization of financials, material/manufacturing cost, you'll see teams be able to fit more development into the budget cap.
In 2022 by Hungary (pre-summer shutdown) Merc, RB, Ferrari had all brought 2 extensive floor upgrades along with a bunch of other developments - 2 extra RWs for Ferrari for instance.

This season we've seen only 1 new floor spec for Ferrari, no new floor spec for RB or Merc. Seems most teams are finding less performance from floor upgrades now, just from speculation.
Ferrari brought the reshaped floor inlet to Miami and the reprofiled fences to Austria. Not to mention McLaren brought floor changes to Baku,Austria and Jeddah (boat tail).

I think it is a case of which area the teams are focused on. RBR obviously won't bring anything substanstial until absolutely neccessary and Merc have been laser focused on the sidepods.

Ferrari found quite substantial gains with the re-profiled floor fences but still run a very conventional ground effect floor. I don't think it is a coincidence that MCL and RBR who both run these very peculiarly shaped tunnels dominate the high speed corners.Neither do they run any of the kick points in the center boat section as we see teams run across the grid from RBR down to Williams I think there is performance to be found still.

codetower

Leclerc reportedly signs contract extension with Ferrari for 2-3 years according to Alessandro Arcari at funoanalisitecnica:

https://scuderiafans.com/charles-lecler ... -23-years/

https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2023 ... ovo-2.html

organic

If it is true, it will be announced at Monza, is my guess

(I hope it is true)

scuderiabrandon

I've been very vocal about wanting him to leave because he deserves better than they've be able to give him in the last 4 years. But there is no one else I'd rather want to win a championship with in a red car

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

i preffer other drivers instead of him

codetower

organic wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 18:12
If it is true, it will be announced at Monza, is my guess

(I hope it is true)
Would be a nice announcement in Monza!
scuderiabrandon wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 20:00
I've been very vocal about wanting him to leave because he deserves better than they've be able to give him in the last 4 years. But there is no one else I'd rather want to win a championship with in a red car
While I would still root for him anywhere else, my heart will always be with Ferrari. I would hate to see him anywhere else. Hope this rumor is true.

Vanja #66

If he's staying and agreed to it already, he's convinced of the team Vasseur is putting together. For Leclerc and a few other drivers, pay is not even a top 5 priority at this time of their careers. He could easily wait till early 2024 and see what's going on with Mercedes and AMR.

It's also mentioned Sainz might be looking at Alpine. Vasseur refused to comment on Binotto going there, so that's basically 99% confirmed. It would make sense for Sainz to reunite with a TP who favoured him so much and get a chance to be a clear #1 in the team and have everything built around him. Would probably be the final chance to do it in his career.

scuderiabrandon wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 22:54
Ferrari brought the reshaped floor inlet to Miami and the reprofiled fences to Austria.
Austria update was basically a whole new floor, tunnels were clearly higher than before.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

scuderiabrandon

Vanja #66 wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 22:07
If he's staying and agreed to it already, he's convinced of the team Vasseur is putting together. For Leclerc and a few other drivers, pay is not even a top 5 priority at this time of their careers. He could easily wait till early 2024 and see what's going on with Mercedes and AMR.

It's also mentioned Sainz might be looking at Alpine. Vasseur refused to comment on Binotto going there, so that's basically 99% confirmed. It would make sense for Sainz to reunite with a TP who favoured him so much and get a chance to be a clear #1 in the team and have everything built around him. Would probably be the final chance to do it in his career.

scuderiabrandon wrote:
Ferrari brought the reshaped floor inlet to Miami and the reprofiled fences to Austria.
Austria update was basically a whole new floor, tunnels were clearly higher than before.
Yes I agree with you that they've mad echanges to the forward throat section along the reshaped floor fences. But looking in from the diffuser at some photos from Austria there seems to be no changes to the boat section and the inner most side of the tunnnel. I know not super conclusive at all but I feel they haven't made major changes other than the formerly mentioned areas.

I strongly believe we'll see them bring at least one more revision of the floor considering the rumoured time frame for the next updates are around suzuka/losail. I think we can get away with the current weaknesses of the car for the next 3 races with Zandvoort being the more difficult one. Singapore/Monza should be on the stronger side.

Qatar and COTA are back to back sprint races with Mexico seperating them from the next sprint race, Brazil. If they were to bring one last major upgrade package, Japan currently makes the most sense.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Vanja #66 wrote:

scuderiabrandon wrote:
if sainz moves, he will go to sauber in 2025 to be ready for Audi 2026

Sevach
Sevach

Vanja #66 wrote:

Ferrari isn't going to lowball Charles, i'm sure they appreciate him keeping his head down through all the turmoil.
And as you say he could've been shopping around, Mercedes, Aston, if he chose to renew before time clearly it was a proposal that didn't undervalue him.

Replacing Binotto with Vasseur for sure has contributed to Sainz current "not so happy" mood, Vasseur not so discreetly made Charles his priority on contract issues and direction of the team, this goes in direct opposition to Binotto who had Charles leading the championship and wanted to "fix the car for Carlos".
Now he wants a similar contract to Charles prove to himself that the team still values him.
Will he get it? I don't see any "clear improvements" on Carlos ready to step into the car.
Will he sign despite the team "not valuing him"? Or will he move somewhere?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sevach wrote:
03 Aug 2023, 04:46
Replacing Binotto with Vasseur for sure has contributed to Sainz current "not so happy" mood, Vasseur not so discreetly made Charles his priority on contract issues and direction of the team, this goes in direct opposition to Binotto who had Charles leading the championship and wanted to "fix the car for Carlos".
This will not lead to productive conversation, Sevach :lol: :lol:

Sevach
Sevach

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Aug 2023, 05:26
Sevach wrote:
03 Aug 2023, 04:46
This will not lead to productive conversation, Sevach :lol: :lol:
Sorry if i pressed the wrong button :mrgreen:

Vanja #66

The truth button is never wrong :!:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Pany
Pany

I am starting to think leclerq has no development skills and no tactic vision during the race
scuderiabrandon wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 20:00

KimiRai
KimiRai

Nugnes says Cardile will make use of Tondi and Montecchi to redesign the red from a blank sheet. The concept of hollow bellies will be abandoned in favor of more extreme Red Bull-style solutions. He says it shouldn't be surprising to see the SF-23 developed up to the United States GP in Austin. Ferrari is waiting for Loic Serra, head of development at Mercedes, to arrive next year.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10503828/