2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
gordonthegun

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

It's not only understeer.

if you look at the onboard, just after the turn apex, Leclerc had a slight oversteer which he countersteered going wider, reaching the slippery wet grass and being thus unable to avoid at least the barriers.

scuderiabrandon

gordonthegun wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 23:53
It's not only understeer.

if you look at the onboard, just after the turn apex, Leclerc had a slight oversteer which he countersteered going wider, reaching the slippery wet grass and being thus unable to avoid at least the barriers.

The problem here in this specific incident is how quickly the balanced shifted form understeer to oversteer and the back to understeer. How do you as a driver react to such random shift in balance?

organic

A french language Ferrari fan account was talking about an interview from this weekend where Leclerc mentions expecting an upgrade soon that will help solve their balance issues with higher downforce configurations

Anyone aware of where this interview is?

Hmm I found this which might be it, in which case he doesn't say it's coming

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Gearbox and chassis change. That's a big hit to the budget...

https://formu1a.uno/ferrari-sostituisce ... i-leclerc/

LM10
LM10

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 05:58
Gearbox and chassis change. That's a big hit to the budget...

https://formu1a.uno/ferrari-sostituisce ... i-leclerc/
The new gearbox will be from the pool.

As for the chassis, is there usually one spare chassis for each car? Ferrari could gamble on no other chassis-change worthy crashes for the remainder of the season and not manufacture a new one. Or maybe the damaged one can be repaired.
Last edited by LM10 on 27 Aug 2023, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.

scuderiabrandon

organic wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 05:30
A french language Ferrari fan account was talking about an interview from this weekend where Leclerc mentions expecting an upgrade soon that will help solve their balance issues with higher downforce configurations

Anyone aware of where this interview is?

Hmm I found this which might be it, in which case he doesn't say it's coming

Rumoured upgrades are scheduled around qatar japan austin (late septemper early october) Looking at the circuits it would only make sense for them to bring then upgrades at the circuits that address the mentioned issues.

Also I recall reading Vasseur saying that bringing upgrades to Zandvoort/Monza wouldn't be ideal due to the compeletely different nature of the circuits.

Some reports were also suggesting (early summerbreak so I could be wrong) that the package would be bigger than the Spain package. Prior to those reports I recall predicting some chnages specifically around the floor for the specific events in question in this forum.

JPower
JPower

Xyz22 wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 20:20

As i said earlier i legit think Leclerc and Sainz pulled off a massive miracle in getting into Q3.

As you noted the balance of the car was completely all over the place. Reminded me of the SF 1000 at Monza.
Arguably, they've been pulling miracles all year. The car is still driving like this even after upgrades to address its inconsistencies.

Both drivers have been doing a great job considering the tool they've been handed in my opinion.

Xyz22
Xyz22

JPower wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 13:04
Xyz22 wrote:
26 Aug 2023, 20:20

As i said earlier i legit think Leclerc and Sainz pulled off a massive miracle in getting into Q3.

As you noted the balance of the car was completely all over the place. Reminded me of the SF 1000 at Monza.
Arguably, they've been pulling miracles all year. The car is still driving like this even after upgrades to address its inconsistencies.

Both drivers have been doing a great job considering the tool they've been handed in my opinion.
I think in some tracks the balance was ok which was reflected in the performance (Austria and SPA for example). But overall i agree with you.

Hopefully both the chassis and the gearbox can be fixed back at the factory.

Schippke
Schippke

Well, another Grand Prix, another botched Ferrari pit stop… could’ve been P2.

Also, looks like Charles lost a part of his front wing…

LM10
LM10

Typical Ferrari mistake. Absolutely ridiculous and frustrating at this point, sadly.

Vanja #66

Leclerc has terrible pace and likely has floor damage, after that moment off on inters. Front wing damage completely escaped Ferrari and they left him out with broken wing on a wet track... Brilliant.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Schippke
Schippke

With Charles dropping like a stone, and Monza ahead next week, I’d be parking it and saving the engine for a (hopefully) better result at the next one.

Also, Ferrari had to rebuild his car after the crash in qualifying so there might be struggling with the team having to piece it all back together to the other chassis and adjust the setup accordingly…

organic

Leclerc is losing a huge amount with the damage to the bottom, no chance. Over 1” sec because it massively worsens the degradation of the stint

scuderiabrandon

Terrible weekend for LEC. Terrible management from his side of the garage on top of the on track shenanigans. I almost thought they salvaged it w/ a good call to pit instantly and forgot they require tyres to drive the car.

SAI' pace was better than expected but we weren't able to catch an Alpine. McLaren and Mercedes being out of position saved us from a much worse result overall.

Onto Monza, I want to try and forget this weekend happened

organic

LEC's car lost 60 load points which equals approximately 20% of vertical load when cornering resulting in rear degrade to resist.
It's almost like it has a Baku rear wing