2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This car is so bad. Unbelievable.

F1NAC

It baffles me how long have they kept Leclerc on track. It was clear something was wrong..

scuderiabrandon

F1NAC wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 19:41
It baffles me how long have they kept Leclerc on track. It was clear something was wrong..
Hoping for rain and salvaging a point

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

scuderiabrandon wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 20:05
F1NAC wrote:
What good is car with 60pts downforce loss in rain? :wtf:

Xyz22
Xyz22

Race over for this. Thoughts?

KimiRai
KimiRai

scuderiabrandon wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 20:05
F1NAC wrote:
More than rain I think they were hoping for a red flag of any kind (rain too), which did come but too late

Sevach
Sevach

Xyz22 wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 20:16

Race over for this. Thoughts?
Piastri did nothing wrong, Charles gambled and lost.
Good result by Carlos.
As for the team... slower than Alpine, i just want 2023 to end.

organic

Didn't enjoy how Vasseur seemed to suggest Ferrari was okay on Friday when it was absolutely apparent that things were not

It feels like the same thing as binotto. Complete disregard of reality

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

This Car is really bad dont know what it is even they don’t know.
The range is so limited sply in difficult circumstances like rain etc. When RB see rain they lick their lips they know even if their driver starts from PIT they will somehow get the podium/win. With Ferrari they throw it away from pole.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Everything is in disarray…Tyres, DF, Drag, wing, strategy everything is strange with this car. On Friday it performs one way on Saturday it shows some signs on Sunday completely different story.

Have Stopped watching now

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

It's an SF90 without an engine.

Singapore might be okay.

darkpino
darkpino

I've looked back some onboards yesterday from Leclerc (and others) and can't help but think that Leclerc is at least part of the problem. He is massively talented but can't maximise, kind of a all or nothing driver at this moment. At the same time it seems to me that he's really trying to over perform. Example is the first pit stop where he called boxing on pit entrance; hence his team wasn't ready for it as he made the call way too late. Perez for example already made the call to box in turn 13.

In my opinion the bottom line is that Leclerc while having loads of talent seems like being too young or inexperienced to build a team around. He doesn't have the experience to take with him from other teams to help SF nor does SF have the ability to hire experience from other top teams to help them forward. To say it's only the car: I think Sainz showed (and shows week in week out) that the car may not be a championship contender but in the mix to be either 2nd or 3rd in the constructor championship, it's just Leclerc who keeps throwing away money and points

Otromundo

darkpino wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 08:27
I've looked back some onboards yesterday from Leclerc (and others) and can't help but think that Leclerc is at least part of the problem. He is massively talented but can't maximise, kind of a all or nothing driver at this moment. At the same time it seems to me that he's really trying to over perform. Example is the first pit stop where he called boxing on pit entrance; hence his team wasn't ready for it as he made the call way too late. Perez for example already made the call to box in turn 13.

In my opinion the bottom line is that Leclerc while having loads of talent seems like being too young or inexperienced to build a team around. He doesn't have the experience to take with him from other teams to help SF nor does SF have the ability to hire experience from other top teams to help them forward. To say it's only the car: I think Sainz showed (and shows week in week out) that the car may not be a championship contender but in the mix to be either 2nd or 3rd in the constructor championship, it's just Leclerc who keeps throwing away money and points
Strongly agree
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

organic

Late decision and pitting at the final corner and the team not being ready with tyres in this scenario was worth lot less laptime than waiting the extra lap to box. Right decision even if it doesn't make team look brilliant in the moment

darkpino
darkpino

organic wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 10:09
Late decision and pitting at the final corner and the team not being ready with tyres in this scenario was worth lot less laptime than waiting the extra lap to box. Right decision even if it doesn't make team look brilliant in the moment
For me it's a sign that Leclerc is over performing (one of the many signs imo). He can't handle anything else apart from driving the car at the moment.

Looking back to for example Lewis his dominant days: he was thinking about the pit strategy just like Max does now. Leclerc can't obviously do that because he's not dominant but on the other hand he doesn't give himself any time for that either.