2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10
LM10

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

FittingMechanics wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 12:34
Anyone mentioning Horners statements needs to understand that he will not come out and say TD hurt us, we had flexy wings and this is why we are slow as it would throw shade against their acomplishments so far.

I'm sure they will bounce back but take their statements in this case with a grain of salt.

Btw I think it is very likely TD was intended to hurt RB as it is better for F1 show if no one is so dominant. It is a testament to RB that it took so long for FIA to find a solution.
Remember when last year’s TD clipped Ferrari’s wings and Binotto said that their loss of pace was not related to that. He’d probably still answer this way when asked.

Gillian
Gillian

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 09:19
Realistically they’ll have to go for a very long hard stint followed by the softs.

Max had a good race here in the toro Rosso many years ago.
I think SC('s) will be the biggest problem for fighting for a win (apart from the bad car performance until now).

Wouter

FittingMechanics wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 12:34
Anyone mentioning Horners statements needs to understand that he will not come out and say TD hurt us, we had flexy wings and this is why we are slow as it would throw shade against their acomplishments so far.

I'm sure they will bounce back but take their statements in this case with a grain of salt.

Btw I think it is very likely TD was intended to hurt RB as it is better for F1 show if no one is so dominant. It is a testament to RB that it took so long for FIA to find a solution.
You completely assume that the incorrect adjustment of the RB19 has something to do with the TD039 and the TD 018.
Very short-sighted, don't you think?! First wait and see how the RB19 behaves on a normal circuit in Suzuka, Cota and Qater
and then you can renew your accusation.

The journalist from ViaPlay Nordic asked Max the same question about the TD's. Max had to laugh and said that she must watch the next race(s).

Do you remember that the Mercedes car was dominant everywere except in Monaco? Also because of TD's?
The Power of Dreams!

djos

If you look at the car changes for this weekend, there were some very minor changes to the floor edges and the rear wing.

I think it’s much more likely that RedBull screwed up the setup badly, combined with the gearbox shift quality issues experienced.
"In downforce we trust"

etusch

djos wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 13:16
If you look at the car changes for this weekend, there were some very minor changes to the floor edges and the rear wing.

I think it’s much more likely that RedBull screwed up the setup badly, combined with the gearbox shift quality issues experienced.
I don't know why they didn't change it, I always hear that drivers complain about shiftings.

djos

etusch wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 13:27
djos wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 13:16

I don't know why they didn't change it, I always hear that drivers complain about shiftings.
It sounded like the tried improving it and didn’t make much of a difference.
"In downforce we trust"

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Wouter wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 13:09
You completely assume that the incorrect adjustment of the RB19 has something to do with the TD039 and the TD 018.
Very short-sighted, don't you think?! First wait and see how the RB19 behaves on a normal circuit in Suzuka, Cota and Qater

The journalist from ViaPlay Nordic asked Max the same question about the TD's. Max had to laugh and said that she must watch the next race(s).

Do you remember that the Mercedes car was dominant everywere except in Monaco? Also because of TD's?
Who would be primary target for a mid season TD?

chrisc90

FittingMechanics wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 13:40
Wouter wrote:

Same question could be asked about the one last year too. Who did that end up affecting the most?

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

chrisc90 wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 13:42
FittingMechanics wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Same question could be asked about the one last year too. Who did that end up affecting the most?
That was a porpoising issue - safety for the drivers. Not comparable.

chrisc90

FittingMechanics wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 13:48
chrisc90 wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 13:42
FittingMechanics wrote:

That was a porpoising issue - safety for the drivers. Not comparable.
And who did it end up affecting the most. Ferrari and Merc were both nerfed pretty well.

TNTHead

So the pace deficit at Singapore could be due to
1) they screwed the setup and made it even worse with late setup changes
2) the new TD's in effect unsettled the aero platform of the RB19 leading to unexpected behaviour which puzzled the engineers
3) they raised the ride high due to the bumpy nature of the track leading to lower DF levels AND issues with tyre heating
4) a combination of 1), 2) en 3)

Still unknown what it is, although 3) sounds plausible. Would be quite a thing as the pace difference would be due to the TD only. Next race to hopefully find out what the influence of the TD's would be.
Last edited by TNTHead on 17 Sep 2023, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

TNTHead wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:09
So the pace deficit at Singapore could be due to
1) they screwed the setup and made it even worse with late setup changes
2) the new TD's in effect unsettled the aero platform of the RB19 leading to unexpected behaviour which puzzled the engineers
3) they raised the ride high due to the bumpy nature of the track leading to lower DF levels AND issues with tyre heating
4) a combination of 1), 2) en 3)

Still unknown what it is, although 3) sounds plausible. Would be quite a thing as the pace difference would be due to the TD only. Next race to hopefulle find out what the influence of the TD's would be.
Cant change the car without penalty under Parc Ferme.

Good recovery drive today really considering its been a donkey all weekend. Almost got Charles at the end aswell. The hards literally fell off a cliff.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Not bad at all from Ver. I'm sure the pace and the learnings will be good for the 2024 Singapore GP.
A lion must kill its prey.

Juzh

Car was much better at the end but Verstappen was still a fair chunk slower on mediums compared to both mercs. Verstappen didn't have a new set, right? I think they got onto a set that had 2 laps on them. Mercs had around 0,5s on him and that can't be all down to those 2 laps. Especially since verstappen had zero drop off. Started on 37.7, ended on 36.7, 36.7 and 36.5. Shame they didn't go onto them sooner, leclerc was there for the taking.

in any case, P5 was probably the most they could achieve today. Singapore always throws curveballs into the equation, so no point in sobbing over if and buts with safety car timing.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Juzh wrote:
17 Sep 2023, 16:52
Car was much better at the end but Verstappen was still a fair chunk slower on mediums compared to both mercs. Verstappen didn't have a new set, right? I think they got onto a set that had 2 laps on them. Mercs had around 0,5s on him and that can't be all down to those 2 laps. Especially since verstappen had zero drop off. Started on 37.7, ended on 36.7, 36.7 and 36.5. Shame they didn't go onto them sooner, leclerc was there for the taking.
If you look at the lap charts, you can see the Baku effect with the Mercedes (referring to when Verstappen/Perez went all out and their tire deg was very accelerated). The Mercedes pushed flat out with zero tire conservation and their tire deg was high. Verstappen was more conservative, overtook cars, but had less deg.

All in all for an event that was never supposed to suit the car, they finished 5th and nearly 4th. It could have been even better if not for a mistake on the Q2 lap.
A lion must kill its prey.