2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower
JPower

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I'll take a 4/6 given the car looked much better than I expected relative to the rest of the field especially in tire management.

I think the competitive order will be much the same at Qatar. The McLaren will be fast again, Mercedes will be finding the rear of their car hard to control, and Aston has fallen off a cliff.

Xyz22
Xyz22

JPower wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 14:16
I'll take a 4/6 given the car looked much better than I expected relative to the rest of the field especially in tire management.

I think the competitive order will be much the same at Qatar. The McLaren will be fast again, Mercedes will be finding the rear of their car hard to control, and Aston has fallen off a cliff.
Aston was for sure doing something shady before. I have never seen such a drop off in terms of performance.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Xyz22 wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 13:49
24s from the first McLaren...

https://x.com/DANIELEALOFAN/status/1705 ... 01019?s=20

Jesus christ...
Probably 30-35 seconds if Norris didn't get screwed by Perez. Norris was held up by Piastri but Leclerc was held up by Russell so I just ignore that. Leclerc probably lost an extra 1-2 seconds compared to Norris though. Russell was so slow.

However pace wise, Norris easily had 1 second in the pocket over Leclerc on multiple occasions. Him and Verstappen were in another dimension.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 24 Sep 2023, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

JPower
JPower

Xyz22 wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 14:28
JPower wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 14:16

Aston was for sure doing something shady before. I have never seen such a drop off in terms of performance.
I don't know if it was shady, they just took advantage of the available rule set...until they couldn't.

After they had to revise their front wing, the car hasn't really been the same. Their developments push has stalled as well. Might come back alive at Brazil given its somewhat similar to Zandvoort but that's all I can see for them.

As for Ferrari, the SF-23 of the beginning of the year would've finished out of the points. Shame the car at its base is so compromised because they've done a good job trying to address its flaws.

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 14:34
Xyz22 wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 13:49
24s from the first McLaren...

https://x.com/DANIELEALOFAN/status/1705 ... 01019?s=20

Jesus christ...
Probably 30-35 seconds if Norris didn't get screwed by Perez. Norris was held up by Piastri but Leclerc was held up by Russell so I just ignore that. Leclerc probably lost an extra 1-2 seconds compared to Norris though. Russell was so slow.

However pace wise, Norris easily had 1 second in the pocket over Leclerc on multiple occasions. Him and Verstappen were in another dimension.
Doesn't surprise me. The SF 23 was still all over the place with sliding and snaps in multiple corners.
Charles especially even in weekends where is more comfortable has 0 thrust in this car.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I wonder how this car will fare in Qatar.

scuderiabrandon

AR3-GP wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 18:33

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... il.svg.png

I don't think it will be a great race for us. Best case scenario we perform as we did in Suzuka.

The car being extremely front limited will cost us a lot of pace. Drifting wide on exits will cause us to lift more than others through the corner. The kerbs could potentially weaken RB a little bit. McLaren will be boss aswell.

Kerbs will destory floors
Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 24 Sep 2023, 18:50, edited 3 times in total.

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... il.svg.png
It's pretty much all high speed corners. At least there is no snake with a lot of corners one after the other which is awful for the SF 23.

JPower
JPower

AR3-GP wrote:
Would be surprised if its not more of the same as Suzuka.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

The tea can get 2nd place in the WCC easily with 6 races remaining.
Loads of unlucky/unmaximizing moments throughout the season : Leclerc 3 DNFs ( espacilly while he was 3rd in Barhain), Sainz DNF at Spa, Sainz penalty in Australia, Sainz mistakes at Monaco, Leclerc grid penalty at Monaco etc...

Now the team looks focus and strong, the drivers works well together (see Singapore), Merc will probably get leaped in the WCC.
I believe at worst the pair finish 4th & 5th/6th like today. Charles can get 3rd at Abu Dhabi or any track that fits the car

codetower

Spoutnik wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 10:56
In English
Carlos said he was sacrificed. Was it his call?
It’s a shame about the last pit stop that cost me the position because we were four seconds ahead, and we came out 8 seconds behind, so we need to see what could have been done. In the end, they pitted with Charles to secure the position, and I was somewhat sacrificed.
https://scuderiafans.com/undercut-by-le ... panese-gp/

dialtone
dialtone

codetower wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 10:56
In English
Carlos said he was sacrificed. Was it his call?
It’s a shame about the last pit stop that cost me the position because we were four seconds ahead, and we came out 8 seconds behind, so we need to see what could have been done. In the end, they pitted with Charles to secure the position, and I was somewhat sacrificed.
https://scuderiafans.com/undercut-by-le ... panese-gp/
Sacrificed for what? LEC was the 4th fastest car on track and SAI was 5th. They just needed the easiest choices to just keep position.

SAI was telling his engineer, after LEC pitted that he could go fast then but they wanted him to pit instead. I don’t know why would Ferrari keep him out but it seems at minimum he was participant.

All this aside… LEC was sacrificed last race and took it and accepted it… SAI has a whole entourage talking for him or complaining for him and LEC is just himself dealing with the press. Can SAI be more professional with all that help?

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

As much as I think Ferrari have made some strange calls, so too have Mercedes. Not sure why George keeps trying to go for these 1 stop strategies, he seems to always be wanting to stretch his stints claiming he has no deg, but at the same time lapping slow.

Ferrari need to realise they are over performing for their car. That’s clear, because the mclaren is clearly the new no2 looking at the way it sailed up the road today

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Vinlarr89 wrote:
24 Sep 2023, 21:36
As much as I think Ferrari have made some strange calls, so too have Mercedes. Not sure why George keeps trying to go for these 1 stop strategies, he seems to always be wanting to stretch his stints claiming he has no deg, but at the same time lapping slow.

Ferrari need to realise they are over performing for their car. That’s clear, because the mclaren is clearly the new no2 looking at the way it sailed up the road today
I don't think they are overperforming the car. They're 3rd in the WCC and as I mentionned in an earlier post without Hamilton's consistency and Ferrari mistakes/DNFs the would easily be 2nd in the WCC.

McLaren is 2nd faster only on specific tracks. McLaren weren't the 2nd fastest (or the fastest given RB woes) at Singapore. They weren't at Monza due to the nature of the track, neither at Spa.
I can add Zandvoort to this list.

Ofc some of the tracks remaining will not favour/play into SF23 strenght, but Ferrari will be strong on others (i.e Abu Dhabi).

organic

#Leclerc always lost 0.1 seconds to #Sainz in the chicane. Until his engineer pointed out to him that he should be less aggressive at the end of T16 in order to get through T17 better. Leclerc then switched and was praised: “Good job!” #JapaneseGP #F12023 #F1 #Formel1 via
@f1_tempo_