2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
F1doc
F1doc

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Yet another non-points finish from Stroll. He might have scored if he kept to track limits.

Let's see what penalty Alonso gets for an unsafe track rejoin.

McLaren have 4th in the Constructors if this is to continue.

diffuser

F1doc wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 20:37
Yet another non-points finish from Stroll. He might have scored if he kept to track limits.

Starting to think they're just pulling us along, we will not see anymore upgrades...

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

jofs89 wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 20:27
GoranF1 wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 19:53
Not that much slower than Mclaren and Mercedes on race pace here
1 second a lap slower than the McLaren's on a faster tyre with similar tyre life at the moment...
Aston had decent race pace here P4 could be possible if Alonso doesn't shave the floor with his mistake. Much better than in Suzuka.
Last edited by OnEcRiTiCaL on 08 Oct 2023, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

PinkFloydPulse

diffuser wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 20:44
F1doc wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 20:37

Starting to think they're just pulling us along, we will not see anymore upgrades...
feel the same.. that Krack is just full of crap... Honestly, they deserve to be overhauled by Macca because they did a piss poor job in development over the year unlike Macca... PLUS Stroll not scoring at all...
Team Fernando!

Alonso Fan

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 20:51
jofs89 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 19:53
Not that much slower than Mclaren and Mercedes on race pace here
1 second a lap slower than the McLaren's on a faster tyre with similar tyre life at the moment...
Aston had decent race pace here P4 could be possible if Alonso doesn't shave the floor with his mistake. Much better than in Suzuka.
yep definitely also undercut on piastri also possible on first stop without alonso mistake after pit exit. the car is so on edge, so difficult to drive. also stroll should have let alonso by instantly. he lost 2 seconds behind stroll before the switch. then the big mistake just compounded the issues. good job on pitstops though
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

KimiRai
KimiRai

balance lost after mid season + lower downforce than the other teams = holding a knife with one finger on a tightrope, not surprised a mistake happened. We now know this is what makes Stroll not able to exit Q1 and not get into the points for God knows how many races now.

Regardless P6 better result than last races on a track without upgrades, not that bad
Last edited by KimiRai on 08 Oct 2023, 22:44, edited 4 times in total.

Alo_Fan

I wish we got clarification from the team on when the new (Singapore) front wing will come? It seems the car is desperate for it to arrive, as ever since it was changed in Barcelona, the car looks a handful to drive.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Alo_Fan wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 22:26
I wish we got clarification from the team on when the new (Singapore) front wing will come? It seems the car is desperate for it to arrive, as ever since it was changed in Barcelona, the car looks a handful to drive.
Probably is didn't pass the new TD test,that's why so much delay. But also can be Aston problem the new facility. Unfortunately they can't start to move there in the winter time,because they would loose so much time against others at 2024. Is not the best thing to move middle of the season, but definitely better than at winter time. The wind tunnel will be the key dornthem tu success also. Hopefully in 2024 they can use it for the 2025 car.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alo_Fan wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 22:26
Don't think anyone except themselves know. We don't even know if the car is desperate for it or rather something else.

Last thing I posted about the subject is from a Spanish source who said that the Singapore new front wing was something that came up during a private conversation in Belgium, where the two-stage development plan for Zandvoort and then Singapore was mentioned, but when Singapore arrived and the damned spoiler did not appear the response was that nothing was planned. According to the source that was an obvious cover-up. The reasons why that happened are left to each person because we have no idea.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Is the battery located underneath the seat? Was this the source of the heat that Alonso complained about? When he asked for water to be thrown in the car, it must really have been serious... Feeling the seat is so important for understanding the connection of the car to the road.

LookingGlass

Trying to look at the race from a glass half full perspective, it was a challenging race at a track that AMR wasn't expecting to do well and the result were acceptable... for me at least. I wasn't expecting much from Stroll and almost finished in the points (before the penalty) and Alonso had a shot at P4. I came into the weekend expecting Stroll solidly out of the points and Alonso barely hanging on to P10.

The car was definitely a handful. I haven't watched Stroll's onboard but following Alonso, the car behaved erratically and drove like it was on ice on the hards. COTA should be a better track but we'll see. At this point, every race feels like a wild card.

I'm curious about the state of the grids's PUs going into the next race. A big contributing factor to the exhaustion this weekend was not just the heat and humidity from the weather but the insane pace everyone was running at. The thermals had to have been pushed hard and there was a big concern about fuel lasting from multiple teams. Those cockpits we're almost 80C inside so the PUs had to be cooking.

alonsofan
alonsofan

Is Stroll plannig to sell the team? Brings more uncertainty and instability to the team in my opinion.

diffuser

Alonso Fan wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 22:03
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 20:51
jofs89 wrote:

yep definitely also undercut on piastri also possible on first stop without alonso mistake after pit exit. the car is so on edge, so difficult to drive. also stroll should have let alonso by instantly. he lost 2 seconds behind stroll before the switch. then the big mistake just compounded the issues. good job on pitstops though
Think alonso had a problem come out of the last corner. He was nowhere close enough to pass Stroll.

diffuser

alonsofan wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 03:04
Is Stroll plannig to sell the team? Brings more uncertainty and instability to the team in my opinion.
Stroll said no. Doesn't stop people from talking about it though. You can't believe everything you hear.

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 03:23
alonsofan wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 03:04
Stroll said no. Doesn't stop people from talking about it though. You can't believe everything you hear.
Rumours of Stroll selling the team have been around for years. Now I might be exposing myself to future judgment if it happens :D but I wouldn't really pay attention to them.