2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Charles did the maximum.

Ferrari lost 2 pts to Mercedes at what was likely to be the worst track for them remaining

Mexico should be fine for the Sf-23. The car is particularly good on kerbs which reward a lot of laptime even in the race eg T3 if you can ride it well. And it has good efficiency even with the highest downforce package. It's also great in 90 degree corners of which there are a few, and the track lacks long radius turns which are the car's main concern

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 21:01
Yea, Charles looks like he completely checked out. I've never seen him look as toothless in races before this season. I guess after Miami and Zandvoort crashes he lost all trust in the car and is just driving not to crash.
JPower wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 20:50
scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 20:47
5th quickest car, quite comfortably aswell. We might aswel not show up if there are fast corners.
Should be OK for the rest of the season then. :D
Watch us get murdered in Mexico. We looked pretty bad there even last season, imagine what happens this time
Agree with you about Charles. But I think he's way more calm in the car now and he has became an experienced racer.
His big issue was very often consistency. It's not the case anymore I believe, if you look at his results since the summer break : P3, DNF, P4, P4, P4, P5

Today he maximized the result making the most Alonso' mistake, Perez lack of pace & Hamilton DNF. Can't ask for more.
I thought he could catch Russell who chewed his soft in the end but he couldn't.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

organic wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 21:22
Charles did the maximum.

Ferrari lost 2 pts to Mercedes at what was likely to be the worst track for them remaining

Mexico should be fine for the Sf-23. The car is particularly good on kerbs which reward a lot of laptime even in the race eg T3 if you can ride it well. And it has good efficiency even with the highest downforce package. It's also great in 90 degree corners of which there are a few, and the track lacks long radius turns which are the car's main concern
Efficiency means jack all in Mexico though, peak load does. And we know that the car lacks load.

Xyz22
Xyz22

It's so sad looking at this. 0.7s slower than a car that last year was nowhere.

scuderiabrandon

The H stint was awful. It seems there is issues getting temp into the tyres.

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Spoutnik wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 21:30
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
Yea, Charles looks like he completely checked out. I've never seen him look as toothless in races before this season. I guess after Miami and Zandvoort crashes he lost all trust in the car and is just driving not to crash.
JPower wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 20:50

Should be OK for the rest of the season then. :D
Watch us get murdered in Mexico. We looked pretty bad there even last season, imagine what happens this time
Agree with you about Charles. But I think he's way more calm in the car now and he has became an experienced racer.
His big issue was very often consistency. It's not the case anymore I believe, if you look at his results since the summer break : P3, DNF, P4, P4, P4, P5

Today he maximized the result making the most Alonso' mistake, Perez lack of pace & Hamilton DNF. Can't ask for more.
I thought he could catch Russell who chewed his soft in the end but he couldn't.
It's just sad to see amazing wheel-to-wheel racer that is Charles being forced to drive like this. He looked more feisty in the dumpster fire that was the SF1000.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Right now I’m just praying that we can keep Charles until the SF24 actually comes along. And the SF24 is engineered on a different level to this one. I have faith it will all come good at some point

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 22:04
Spoutnik wrote:
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

It's just sad to see amazing wheel-to-wheel racer that is Charles being forced to drive like this. He looked more feisty in the dumpster fire that was the SF1000.
I agree with you
But he was riskier in his approach at the time which cost him, but he had nothing to loose given how far back the SF1000 was, and the car was very inefficient but it wasn't so tricky to drive I feel

CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Spoutnik wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 22:14
CouncilorIrissa wrote:
Spoutnik wrote:

I agree with you
But he was riskier in his approach at the time which cost him, but he had nothing to loose given how far back the SF1000 was, and the car was very inefficient but it wasn't so tricky to drive I feel
I thought it was a tricky car to drive, but in a different way. It had pretty good front-end grip, but the team couldn't afford to load the rear as it would mean being a sitting duck on straights.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 22:16
Spoutnik wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 22:14
CouncilorIrissa wrote:

I agree with you
I thought it was a tricky car to drive, but in a different way. It had pretty good front-end grip, but the team couldn't afford to load the rear as it would mean being a sitting duck on straights.
If I recall Binotto's comments. The SF1000 was a car design to have still "the illegal" engine of the SF90 but with much much more load on the rear to lose less time in the corners against the Merc.

With the engine settlement, the car had the worst efficiency. So on some track they went low DF for no reason and the car burnt the tyre and had no grip, otherwise they got eaten alive on the straight. But Charles never had issue with the balance itself has the car was quite "neutral"

Xyz22
Xyz22

The SF 1000 had a very limited front as well but often the main limitation was the rear. It was just a disaster of a car. Pretty much the same chassis as the SF 90 (which was awful), a lot of added drag and the worst engine ever which made all the issues even worse.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 08 Oct 2023, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Xyz22 wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 22:28
The SF 1000 had a very limited front as well but often the main limitations was the rear. It was just a disaster of a car. Pretty much the same chassis as the SF 90 (which was awful), a lot of added drag and the worst engine ever which made all the issues even worse.
That's exactly why I'm saying it was quite neutral
In reality the big issue was drag/inefficiency rather than load/balance.

deadhead

I think the only car that Leclerc actually enjoyed driving thus far was the pre TD F1-75 and it showed..
Vinlarr89 wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 22:08
Right now I’m just praying that we can keep Charles until the SF24 actually comes along. And the SF24 is engineered on a different level to this one. I have faith it will all come good at some point
He seems very loyal to Ferrari so I doubt he is going anywhere anytime soon.. the team is very lucky from that perspective

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sainz's DNS restores some of the balance after Leclerc's technical DNF in Bahrain. Sainz 153, Leclerc 145. All to play for. Both will be looking behind at Norris however who sits on 136.

Z-one
Z-one

AR3-GP wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 05:07
Sainz's DNS restores some of the balance after Leclerc's technical DNF in Bahrain. Sainz 153, Leclerc 145. All to play for. Both will be looking behind at Norris however.
In Bahrain,lec have a chance of podium,while,in Qatar,Sai may be hard to win a podium,this is not equal.
and because of technical DNF in Bahrain, there was domino effect on Saudi,lec had a penalty on P2,without penalty,he may also have a chance of P3 or P4
The mankind’s courage and resolution will be witnessed and remembered by stars.