2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Z-one wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 05:10
AR3-GP wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 05:07
Sainz's DNS restores some of the balance after Leclerc's technical DNF in Bahrain. Sainz 153, Leclerc 145. All to play for. Both will be looking behind at Norris however.
In Bahrain,lec have a chance of podium,while,in Qatar,Sai may be hard to win a podium,this is not equal.
and because of technical DNF in Bahrain, there was domino effect on Saudi,lec had a penalty on P2,without penalty,he may also have a chance of P3 or P4
Leclerc had 3 DNF overall, while it's the second for Carlos too.

On another note, the team did a 1.93s pit stop. On this front also, the improvement have been massive.

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
Sainz's DNS restores some of the balance after Leclerc's technical DNF in Bahrain. Sainz 153, Leclerc 145. All to play for. Both will be looking behind at Norris however who sits on 136.
Not really. Sainz was not very fast this weekend, while Charles would have been either P3 or P4 in Bahrain. Moreover, he also had a penalty for the race in Saudi Arabia due to his DNF in Bahrain.

scuderiabrandon

Xyz22 wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 09:48
AR3-GP wrote:
Sainz's DNS restores some of the balance after Leclerc's technical DNF in Bahrain. Sainz 153, Leclerc 145. All to play for. Both will be looking behind at Norris however who sits on 136.
Not really. Sainz was not very fast this weekend, while Charles would have been either P3 or P4 in Bahrain. Moreover, he also had a penalty for the race in Saudi Arabia due to his DNF in Bahrain.
And got Monaco podium robbed by a sleeping Xavi on the radio. Another season where the points aren't represesntitive of the season. I'll admit not by a country mile Leclerc's best season but the standings reflect something much worse.

Xyz22
Xyz22

So Leclerc said that also the second stint was critical because that medium had 2 full push laps in Q2, and it had already graining.

Andres125sx

This thread is unique

Sainz did not participate because of a car/team problem, but I've not read a single critic to Ferrari because they ruined Sainz GP by not noticing a fuel leakage until the race start, which is a HUGE mistake, amateur mistake

OTOH I've read several posts about balance between teammates, like if some people is happy with one Ferrari car not participating because similar things happened to Leclerc before (and ignoring other problems Sainz suffered this season), also mentioning Leclerc car problems on different GPs (irrelevant), or that Sainz would not perform at this track anycase (crystal ball prediction)...

None cares if Ferrari lost many points for the WCC, people look almost happy with Sainz not participating. This is notorious considering this is Ferrari F1 team thread. #-o

This book must be a best seller between Leclerc fans

https://images.app.goo.gl/DiAJibYGVfpFz8F8A

Only Leclerc interests are discussed, none cares about Ferrari #-o

scuderiabrandon

Andres125sx wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 12:35
This thread is unique

Sainz did not participate because of a car/team problem, but I've not read a single critic to Ferrari because they ruined Sainz GP by not noticing a fuel leakage until the race start, which is a HUGE mistake, amateur mistake

OTOH I've read several posts about balance between teammates, like if some people is happy with one Ferrari car not participating because similar things happened to Leclerc before (and ignoring other problems Sainz suffered this season), also mentioning Leclerc car problems on different GPs (irrelevant), or that Sainz would not perform at this track anycase (crystal ball prediction)...

None cares if Ferrari lost many points for the WCC, people look almost happy with Sainz not participating. This is notorious considering this is Ferrari F1 team thread. #-o

They noticed the fuel leakage but it was not repairable in time. What dom you want the team to do? In case you didn't know in the sprint the tank does not get filled all the way, so there are leaks that only occur when the tank is full. They can only start working on the car a certain amount of time before the event aswell.

STOP PROJECTING

Vanja #66 wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 19:03
Well that's just great... Few points that were there to fight for now gone.
Spoutnik wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 18:14
Not good for the WCC if both Merc finish today
scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 18:15
This is not goin to be good for the championship battle.
AR3-GP wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 18:19
the scuderia special...
Xyz22 wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 18:16
Embarrassing

Stop reading only what you want to read. You only come here to start arguments.

CouncilorIrissa wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 19:39
5th quickest in race trim.
scuderiabrandon wrote:
08 Oct 2023, 20:47
5th quickest car, quite comfortably aswell. We might aswel not show up if there are fast corners.

What part of being 5th quickest in race trim makes you think any of us are happy

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Andres125sx wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 12:35
This thread is unique

I think you push the thing too far. I agree with you since last year about the fact that Sainz shouldn't be underrated.

But still it's not a crime to mention that he had less bad luck than Charles this year.

Nevertheless, it's bad for the WCC as I mentioned.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

scuderiabrandon wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 12:56
I'd recommend putting them in your mute list, consistently nothing productive in their remarks.

scuderiabrandon

CaribouBread wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 13:12
scuderiabrandon wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 12:56
I'd recommend putting them in your mute list, consistently nothing productive in their remarks.
I didn't know I could do that, thanks for the advice :D

Andres125sx

Ok maybe I overreacted a bit, sorry

It's so tiring reading some members constantly making excuses for Leclerc... even when he make no mistakes like now after Qatar! #-o

AR3-GP wrote:
Sainz's DNS restores some of the balance after Leclerc's technical DNF in Bahrain.
Z-one wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 05:10
In Bahrain,lec have a chance of podium,while,in Qatar,Sai may be hard to win a podium,this is not equal.
Spoutnik wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 08:08
Leclerc had 3 DNF overall, while it's the second for Carlos
Xyz22 wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 09:48
Not really. Sainz was not very fast this weekend, while Charles would have been either P3 or P4 in Bahrain.

organic

The cars were on eggshells due to the sand, when slipping those who can put more load on the tires are always right and will limit the front graining. SF-23 with a very narrow window, worse than expected due to wind and adverse conditions. The only positive note: in the heat the Ferrari PU is the best. The head of the engine engineers Gualtieri was present in Qatar

P4 in the race was also possible:
Juzh wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 15:26
I just discovered Russell wasn't pinged for one track limits violation where he was 100% off, and he was less than 5s ahead of leclerc at the end. Leclerc told ferrari on the cool down to check every russell's lap because he was on a 3 strikes black & white flag already, but I guess they didn't do that.

It's possible he missed timing loop detection completely and got away with it. Silly fia & ferrari for missing this.
https://streamable.com/vcgf5x

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

organic wrote:
The cars were on eggshells due to the sand, when slipping those who can put more load on the tires are always right and will limit the front graining. SF-23 with a very narrow window, worse than expected due to wind and adverse conditions. The only positive note: in the heat the Ferrari PU is the best. The head of the engine engineers Gualtieri was present in Qatar

P4 in the race was also possible:
Juzh wrote:
I just discovered Russell wasn't pinged for one track limits violation where he was 100% off, and he was less than 5s ahead of leclerc at the end. Leclerc told ferrari on the cool down to check every russell's lap because he was on a 3 strikes black & white flag already, but I guess they didn't do that.

It's possible he missed timing loop detection completely and got away with it. Silly fia & ferrari for missing this.
https://streamable.com/vcgf5x
Yes I think the engine is one big positive from this year, that's what allowed the team to be clear cut 2nd fastest on most "engine" tracks.

Interesting. I was wondering why Leclerc was catching Russell so fast, but then it stopped for the last two laps

Juzh

Spoutnik wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 15:47
I was wondering why Leclerc was catching Russell so fast, but then it stopped for the last two laps
Russell did a few warm up laps on softs, then did a charge lap, then attempted a fastest lap with quali mode but made a mistake and backed off. During this gap came down from 8.8 to 3.6s and then fluctuated between 4.5 - 5.5s, ending at 4.8s.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Juzh wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 16:08
Spoutnik wrote:
I was wondering why Leclerc was catching Russell so fast, but then it stopped for the last two laps
Russell did a few warm up laps on softs, then did a charge lap, then attempted a fastest lap with quali mode but made a mistake and backed off. During this gap came down from 8.8 to 3.6s and then fluctuated between 4.5 - 5.5s, ending at 4.8s.
Leclerc did a very slow lap before going for his PB as well.
I can't believe Ferrari didn't check all Russell laps for track limit violations. There is no end for the incompetence of this team.

Juzh

Xyz22 wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 16:10
Juzh wrote:
09 Oct 2023, 16:08
Spoutnik wrote:
Leclerc did a very slow lap before going for his PB as well.
I can't believe Ferrari didn't check all Russell laps for track limit violations. There is no end for the incompetence of this team.
You're right. Looks like he also did a charge lap and then went for it on the last lap. He was told on start finish line to push hard to get inside 5s.