2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jofs89
jofs89

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

zoroastar wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 23:28
mercedes sabotaged their windtunnel time. Toto told me this in a dream. he was wearing speedos and a motorcycle helmet.
Those are the sort of fever dreams the Aston technical team will be having after this race...

xReVo
xReVo

Alonso should go to Redbull if he has the chance. Next year will be a tragedy. There are literally the same regulations as this year

NAPI10
NAPI10

In this utter confusion of 'Upgrades' & 'Degrades' ; AM has successfully controlled noise against 'Lance'.
I don't know if it's by design or by chance.

zoroastar

NAPI10 wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 00:01
In this utter confusion of 'Upgrades' & 'Degrades' ; AM has successfully controlled noise against 'Lance'.
its kind of gross how happy Lance seems during the red flag, being ahead of fernando, but still unable to score any points. im probably reading into it too much

KimiRai
KimiRai

xReVo wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 23:38
Alonso should go to Redbull if he has the chance. Next year will be a tragedy. There are literally the same regulations as this year
Morale seems to have hit rock bottom :D

diffuser

NAPI10 wrote:
It might just be that they're taking turns taking the new config through the race to capture data on it.

Stroll lacks patience, often taking risky lundges for passes.

KimiRai
KimiRai

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

xReVo wrote:
29 Oct 2023, 23:38
I don't think so, but honestly not much you can do if they ban your half car and middle of the season coming new tyres and new TD,regulations. They really need the own wind tunnel, the new facility, factory. They are kind a mess now because of moving in the new place,but better do it now than at winter time .

zoroastar

whether its contractual or just trying to be a good teammate, or just being clever, alonso seems like he definitely shows support for lance anytime that he can. it makes me wonder about the inter-team dynamics that happen behind the scenes. and whether the team are afraid daddy stroll will pull out if his son does. i also wonder if the team would go in some directions that arent the best for the team (speed wise) in order to placate that dynamic. its kindof a mystery how they have fallen off so hard from the beginning of the season.

Mansell89
Mansell89

Really odd to see Aston lose their way. They improved back end of last season and started superbly at the beginning of this one.

It was when their upgrade trail started they seemed to lose that momentum- wonder what is the cause?

KimiRai
KimiRai

Fernando's full statements, looks like he had damage from Lap 1 so its difficult to draw comparisons.

Q: "Well Fernando, it's a pity, you had to retire the car, tell us about it".

A: "Yes, actually a very difficult race, we had little pace already all weekend and I think we picked up some debris, some piece of Checo's car I guess or someone's else's in the first corner and it affected our aerodynamics. We were already running a little bit rough this weekend and we just ran over a piece of a car and we were even slower. So it was a difficult race and the retirement in Austin and the retirement here obviously weighs a lot in the championship and hurts a bit more".

Q: "We have to keep working and looking for the way, there is no other way."

A: "Yes, there is no other way, I think this year is more than over in the sense of taking it for granted, we would never have thought of having this amount of points or fighting with Ferraris or Mercedes and we are even still ahead of them in the drivers' championship, which is really crazy against a car that has done six or seven pole positions already, that's the positive part of this year."
"And then the negative part is probably the drop in performance we have had these last few races, which we are logically working on to improve the level."

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 01:04
Fernando's full statements, looks like he had damage from Lap 1 so its difficult to draw comparisons.

Q: "Well Fernando, it's a pity, you had to retire the car, tell us about it".

A: "Yes, actually a very difficult race, we had little pace already all weekend and I think we picked up some debris, some piece of Checo's car I guess or someone's else's in the first corner and it affected our aerodynamics. We were already running a little bit rough this weekend and we just ran over a piece of a car and we were even slower. So it was a difficult race and the retirement in Austin and the retirement here obviously weighs a lot in the championship and hurts a bit more".

Q: "We have to keep working and looking for the way, there is no other way."

A: "Yes, there is no other way, I think this year is more than over in the sense of taking it for granted, we would never have thought of having this amount of points or fighting with Ferraris or Mercedes and we are even still ahead of them in the drivers' championship, which is really crazy against a car that has done six or seven pole positions already, that's the positive part of this year."
"And then the negative part is probably the drop in performance we have had these last few races, which we are logically working on to improve the level."
Think your misunderstanding. The first corner doesn't mean the first lap. Think he picked it up after the restart, when he was chasing Zhou. He came down the main straight and was braking for turn one when he, all of a sudden, lost the back end. He immediately radiod to check the rear.

From the onboard conversation, it sounded like the expectations from the beginning of the race was that he was going to be slow.

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 02:15
Think your misunderstanding. The first corner doesn't mean the first lap. Think he picked it up after the restart, when he was chasing Zhou. He came down the main straight and was braking for turn one when he, all of a sudden, lost the back end. He immediately radiod to check the rear.

From the onboard conversation, it sounded like the expectations from the beginning of the race was that he was going to be slow.
Maybe, although he mentions Checo so that couldve only been in lap 1 I think.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 02:20
diffuser wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 02:15

Maybe, although he mentions Checo so that couldve only been in lap 1 I think.
I doudt he knows whose damage it was from.

diffuser

zoroastar wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 00:18
NAPI10 wrote:
its kind of gross how happy Lance seems during the red flag, being ahead of fernando, but still unable to score any points. im probably reading into it too much
Based on Alonso's comments, AMR are happy with how the year has gone, for the most part. In his words, even if he DNFs the rest of the races, it would still have been a good year.