2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LookingGlass

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

search wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 10:07
KimiRai wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 02:20
diffuser wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 02:15
Think your misunderstanding. The first corner doesn't mean the first lap. Think he picked it up after the restart, when he was chasing Zhou. He came down the main straight and was braking for turn one when he, all of a sudden, lost the back end. He immediately radiod to check the rear.

From the onboard conversation, it sounded like the expectations from the beginning of the race was that he was going to be slow.
Maybe, although he mentions Checo so that couldve only been in lap 1 I think.
it happened on lap 1, yeah. But they never brought up any damage on radio the laps after.

https://i.imgur.com/JuVTvLt.png
There was some radio chatter mid race regarding a vibration that was detected. Maybe Mexico is just Alonso's House of Horrors but Lance was pulling a noticeable gap on Alonso so it isn't surprising. But at no point during the weekend did Aston ever look competitive.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Brazil is sprint weekend, we'll see what they bring for the race in terms of the car. Lots of people now such as Fernando's close friend Lobato (though maybe not so close anymore but that's another story), were suggesting for them to come back to the previous car which worked and entirely drop the new package... when they, and most of us, have no technical criteria at all. My only wish is that the technicians are sufficiently protected and shielded from all the pressure that there must be now, which must undoubtedly be very high, and that they make the right choice according to scientific and not sentimental criteria or orders from above.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 19:13
Brazil is sprint weekend, we'll see what they bring for the race in terms of the car. Lots of people now such as Fernando's close friend Lobato (though maybe not so close anymore but that's another story), were suggesting for them to come back to the previous car which worked and entirely drop the new package... when they, and most of us, have no technical criteria at all. My only wish is that the technicians are sufficiently protected and shielded from all the pressure that there must be now, which must undoubtedly be very high, and that they make the right choice according to scientific and not sentimental criteria or orders from above.
I'm certain they pay no mind to such people. Swapping to the old package will help Alonso be more competitive in the here and now but only hinders the project as a whole in the long run.

franbatista123

diffuser wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 19:20
KimiRai wrote:
I'm certain they pay no mind to such people. Swapping to the old package will help Alonso be more competitive in the here and now but only hinders the project as a whole in the long run.
There's also the possibility that Aston hasn't really regressed that much and the performance loss is more about the others catching up.

Luscion
Luscion

franbatista123 wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 19:23
diffuser wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
There's also the possibility that Aston hasn't really regressed that much and the performance loss is more about the others catching up.
iirc they were slower in Japan than their 2022 car while the other tops teams were faster

nvm, they were 0.09s quicker
Last edited by Luscion on 30 Oct 2023, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser wrote:
Completely agree but that is for them to choose, that's what I mean. We don't want any external pressures wrecking havoc which is what ruins teams like Ferrari for so many years.

GoranF1
GoranF1

Is it possible to revert car to Bahrain spec whit old sidepods?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

GoranF1 wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 20:41
Not for the quali or at race, on the free practice you can do what you want ...

the EDGE
the EDGE

GoranF1 wrote:
Yes, if they have enough parts & spares for the weekend

Problem is, AM haven’t necessarily gone backwards, they’ve probably just stood still whilst everyone else’s updates have propelled them forwards, so reverting to an old spec will just leave them where they are now

I guess with where they are in the championship they can do whatever they need to do to get answers, there unlikely to change positions whatever happens

diffuser

the EDGE wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 20:59
GoranF1 wrote:

Problem is, AM haven’t necessarily gone backwards, they’ve probably just stood still whilst everyone else’s updates have propelled them forwards, so reverting to an old spec will just leave them where they are now

I guess with where they are in the championship they can do whatever they need to do to get answers, there unlikely to change positions whatever happens
Cause of the flexing, those parts have been deemed illegal by the FIA. That is my understanding.

the EDGE
the EDGE

diffuser wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 21:04
the EDGE wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

Cause of the flexing, those parts have been deemed illegal by the FIA. That is my understanding.
What, the launch spec? I thought that was a wing they tried to introduce early season?

GoranF1
GoranF1

the EDGE wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

They gone backwards...Alonso spun 2 races in a row....Alonso doesnt spun.
Beging of the year car was super easy to drive now its undeliverable.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

KimiRai
KimiRai

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Whatever the rumours is, I'm a bit concerned that Fabrega stated that the news is something he'd not want to happen. If it was a rumoured sale why would he care? If he's Fernando's friend, would he not want him to move to Red Bull?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

diffuser

GoranF1 wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 21:12
the EDGE wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

They gone backwards...Alonso spun 2 races in a row....Alonso doesnt spun.
Beging of the year car was super easy to drive now its undeliverable.
not sure why I am the only one reading other peoples posts but KimiRai wrote "Bahrain's front wing, beam wing and rear wing are illegal due to technical directives. It's not coming back so it's time we get over it."