2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

diffuser wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 21:54
not sure why I am the only one reading other peoples posts but KimiRai wrote "Bahrain's front wing, beam wing and rear wing are illegal due to technical directives. It's not coming back so it's time we get over it."
Thats just my opinion, not a fact. Its what I happen to believe at least from what weve seen these last months, front wing due to FIA intervention and then some other parts had metal added to them around the time of the TD likely in order to flex less. But I could be wrong Of course,.

organic

Interlagos and Zandvoort are similar tracks. Zandvoort is the last circuit where the car ran well over 1 lap. Could be a surprise weekend

diffuser

organic wrote:
30 Oct 2023, 23:18
Interlagos and Zandvoort are similar tracks. Zandvoort is the last circuit where the car ran well over 1 lap. Could be a surprise weekend
Not sure what to expect from the new config.....at least it's only 747 Meters of elevation.

xReVo
xReVo

organic wrote:
I remember that Alonso did well in Zandvoort thanks above all to the rain. Even though he had good pace in the dry. However, look at this Formula 1, Aston was doing very well in Zandvoort and then in Monza it was disastrous as well as in the remaining races. It's not just a question of developments, there's something strange. In Brazil in any case I expect yet another mediocre performance

Ashwinv16

The thing is Austin showed promise before Mexico became a disaster, JUST LIKE IN 2022 and the year before. This team both in Racing point trim and Aston Martin trim seems to struggle a lot in Mexico for some reason. The team with each grand prix and each mistake is getting closer and closer to figuring out the right way to go. The important thing is Austin showed that if they get stuff right, the car can be as fast as the top runners, just that everything they have been doing has been going downhill. The point is they know what not to do know. It is honestly just a matter of time.
Halo not as bad as we thought

diffuser

Ashwinv16 wrote:
31 Oct 2023, 01:54
The thing is Austin showed promise before Mexico became a disaster, JUST LIKE IN 2022 and the year before. This team both in Racing point trim and Aston Martin trim seems to struggle a lot in Mexico for some reason. The team with each grand prix and each mistake is getting closer and closer to figuring out the right way to go. The important thing is Austin showed that if they get stuff right, the car can be as fast as the top runners, just that everything they have been doing has been going downhill. The point is they know what not to do know. It is honestly just a matter of time.
Fingers crossed 🤞.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

organic wrote:
Where is cold weather, there Aston doing great. They have problem with tyres for sure .

jofs89
jofs89

Some quite interesting analysis about the possible impact the technical directive 18 had on AM - (apologies if this has already been posted)

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

jofs89 wrote:
31 Oct 2023, 14:18
Some quite interesting analysis about the possible impact the technical directive 18 had on AM - (apologies if this has already been posted)
Everybody knows who follow F1 that Aston front wing wasn't banned because it was to flexible. If just would be to flexible, then make stronger or different carbon layout the same wing. They had to change the whole front wing concept!
If you have to do so,you have to change everything else on the car from.the nose to the rear wing! Also if is just would be banned because to flexible we would hear about it,but this front wing ban still secret or happened more secretly than the Ferrari engine cheat. Obviously because of the cost cap they cant make a new concept car in the middle of the season. Rest is history...
https://ibb.co/R9xyYV1
Look the first 2 and the other 2 wings...

peewon

I cant believe there is still so much debate over whats gone wrong and whats possible moving forward. To me its quite simple and I'll try to be objective about it keeping my fandom aside...

AM never at any point of the season developed the floor to the levels of top teams. This is the crux of all their problems. It was simple in Bahrain and has remained simple throughout the season. They were good early in the season due to flexi wings but were still aerodynamically inefficient and hence struggled in high speed corners which is where the under body downforce really takes over. Once FIA clamped down on flexi wings , they've struggled everywhere.

Canada and Zandvoort are pure outliers due to them not having many high speed corners, rain throughout the weekends and Alonso being Alonso, eeking out impossible results.

The early season performance was a gimmick. It was not foundationally sound development. I have read the latest company line is most of their staff joined in '22 so their main focus would be the '24 car. Im sorry but this logic doesn't track at all. Floor is the first thing to develop and test. There is no reason for it to not be trialed this season.

I would be more than happy to be proven wrong but their aero department has given no reason to have any faith in them towards developing a contending car. However, F1 is dynamic and things can change very quickly so anything is possible I guess but I would not bet on AM for next year. I said a few weeks ago that the end of the season could get embarrassing and seems like its heading that way.

xReVo
xReVo

The question of the wings could be fundamental, but if so there is a fundamental problem. Why did the fia ban them? Were they a gray area of the rules? I remember very well how in an interview I don't remember who (Blandin, Krack or Fallow) had said that they had implemented several interesting things in the car that in a certain world circumvented the regulations. However, they also said that you can't create a machine based on that alone, because you might run a risk. As a result they had created a car (in their opinion) that was very balanced and high-performance even without those gray areas. The way things went, it seems that they made a car based only on that.

Wouter

Felipe Drugovich flew to Monza after the Mexico GP. Why? Next weekend is his home GP.
From his IG:

Driving an AM car in Monza: https://tinyurl.com/y9e8sdtc

The Power of Dreams!

mvfad

Wouter wrote:
31 Oct 2023, 16:54
Felipe Drugovich flew to Monza after the Mexico GP. Why? Next weekend is his home GP.
https://imgur.com/5Ww6IKn.jpg
In fact, he had to travel to Monza before the Mexico race started. It's probably just one of the private tests that his sponsors paid for, but it's quite strange that they scheduled this test in the same week as the Brazilian GP.

Wouter

mvfad wrote:
31 Oct 2023, 17:14
Wouter wrote:
31 Oct 2023, 16:54
https://imgur.com/5Ww6IKn.jpg
In fact, he had to travel to Monza before the Mexico race started. It's probably just one of the private tests that his sponsors paid for, but it's quite strange that they scheduled this test in the same week as the Brazilian GP.
Exactly. They know months in advance that a tripple header very far away is now on the agenda.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Just a rumour!

The Power of Dreams!