2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
codetower

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

deadhead wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 01:05
codetower wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 22:10
Great to see Leclerc finish the season strong. Not sure how to feel about missing out on P2 in the WCC and proper P4 in the WDC, but considering how the first half of the season went, I guess it’s a decent finish. Considering Charles had 3 retirements, a DNS and a disqualification, I think he did a spectacular job with this car.

What happened to Sainz at the end? Why didnt he finish the race?
Not sure what happened to Sainz this weekend but that war really poor timing to have a performance drop like that
He didn’t even finish the race, He pitted on the last lap again. It is a little disappointing to not even finish in the top 10. He could have finished inside the top 10 and gotten fastest lap for that extra point. Could have helped us get P2.

Sevach
Sevach

deadhead wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 01:05
codetower wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 22:10
Great to see Leclerc finish the season strong. Not sure how to feel about missing out on P2 in the WCC and proper P4 in the WDC, but considering how the first half of the season went, I guess it’s a decent finish. Considering Charles had 3 retirements, a DNS and a disqualification, I think he did a spectacular job with this car.

What happened to Sainz at the end? Why didnt he finish the race?
Not sure what happened to Sainz this weekend but that war really poor timing to have a performance drop like that
Yeah, he was slow in FP1, a no show in a session full of rookies, crashed in FP2, bad in Q and bad in the race.
He never could get the car to work.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

It was pointed out afterwards that Russell could have just crashed into Leclerc because Merc would have taken P2 with Hamilton. So Leclerc could not afford to get too close to Russell..this is true...

FW17

The way they were delaying Sainz, I thought he would come out between Leclerc and Russell

Andres125sx

What was the reason for Sainz retirement with only 2 laps to go?

scuderiabrandon

Andres125sx wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 11:07
If he pitted he'd be out of the points, so instead of pitting for 2 laps [when it was clear there will be no safety car] they chose to retire instead since it didn't really chage the result.

F1NAC

If only they would put Jock as Leclerc's race engineer. It is so painful to listen comms between Charles and Xavi.

Andres125sx wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 11:07

Budget cap. No more km's for him this season :mrgreen:

gordonthegun

Re: Ferrari SF23

Ferrari is going to be the team who will have the most different car compared to this year one.
Every change is an unknown. So many changes, so many unknowns to get right.
I know Ferrari limitations (about correlation, for example) and I'm rather worried TBH.

Henk_v
Henk_v

RonMexico wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 17:07
Definitely encouraging. It certainly helps that the team doesn't seem to be relying on various gray interpretations of the rulebook for performance
Depends on your definition of grey. The S-duct seemed pretty much a thing the rules intended to exclude.

falonso81

gordonthegun wrote:
27 Nov 2023, 15:04
Ferrari is going to be the team who will have the most different car compared to this year one.
I know Ferrari limitations (about correlation, for example) and I'm rather worried TBH.
I second this. The new car needs to come out of the gates firing on all cylinders. No point in spending the first half of the year understanding what they have to work with. Everything has to run perfectly from fp1 in Bahrain if they want a shot at RB.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

gordonthegun wrote:
At the same time, correlation was really good with F1-75, so I think it is a matter of what the team pursue in designing the car. It seems they have learned from the mistakes of the SF23, there needs to be a high level of useable downforce, not a ridiculous level of peak downforce that you can rarely use. The car has been improving over the entire season, the engineers really understand the car from what has been said, all updates so far have given the results expected.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

I think the amount of front rows shows Ferrari has pace, the working window has improved over the season dramatically, but it hasn’t reached anywhere near the RB levels. Two priorities have to be improving the downforce consistency and the tyre performance on the hard tyres to allow them to push harder for longer.

ryaan2904
ryaan2904

gordonthegun wrote:
Yup. I want a great car, a scintillating title, a 10 year Leclerc contract. I want this silly season to mean something for next year, but this is Ferrari, so I'm not holding my breath.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

Vanja #66

What's the verdict here on Ferrari splitting with Binotto as TP :?: Good move? Bad move? Irrelevant? Details and arguments please :D
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
28 Nov 2023, 14:41
What's the verdict here on Ferrari splitting with Binotto as TP :?: Good move? Bad move? Irrelevant? Details and arguments please :D
After the 2022 season firing Binotto was the right decision, 100%.

The issue is that some people thought changing TP alone would fix all the issues within the team. It will take quite a bit of time IF Vassuer will do a good job.

Binotto's failures are the following:

- Betting on an extremely powerful engine built on the edge of the regulations without having the political power to "protect" it or having a valuable alternative
- Not realizing the current technical team wasn't good enough and therefore not hiring external people in leadership positions
- Terrible drivers management in the 2022 season (probably the main reason behind his departure)
- Didn't trust anyone outside a small circle of people
- Useless double role TP/TD
- Made 0 improvement in the operational area of the team