Ferrari SF-24 speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
organic

Re: Ferrari SF-24 speculation

organic

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

organic wrote:
17 Dec 2023, 08:49
Changing is a wide "meaning". They just will edit on the parts. You can change 95 % of the car but still keep the same. Like an example if you want to relocate the coolers or as we know new gearbox etcetera.Is not means different concept. I think except the McLaren and Redbull everybody will do the same.

KimiRai
KimiRai

According to a source (most likely from the Christmas lunch):
it already has more high speed cornering in the data than the 2022 car and they are confident of making a great car that had that problem, those high speed corners and especially long radius corners, and in that it is giving much better data and easier to drive in the simulator.

Vanja #66

KimiRai wrote:
17 Dec 2023, 17:45
it already has more high speed cornering in the data than the 2022 car and they are confident of making a great car that had that problem, those high speed corners and especially long radius corners, and in that it is giving much better data and easier to drive in the simulator.
Thanks for sharing. Too much hopium for my liking already, at least official statements are much more moderate.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Part 2 of the Christmas lunch article is here.

https://formu1a.uno/vasseur-in-ritardo- ... -dire-mai/

A new quote from Vasseur
"the two drivers are fully involved in the development. They were also quite happy, but this is not an indication of how the season will go"
Last edited by organic on 17 Dec 2023, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

KimiRai wrote:
What is the source?

scuderiabrandon

Vanja #66 wrote:
17 Dec 2023, 17:50
KimiRai wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Too much hopium for my liking already, at least official statements are much more moderate.
What is quite interesting is that apart from this comment (we need to verify the source first) the approach to giving out information has been much more conservative this year. So it has me wondering whether we are entering the stage where news outlets need more clicks and are just spewing shite out.
Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 17 Dec 2023, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

Xyz22
Xyz22

DoctorRadio wrote:
17 Dec 2023, 18:52
KimiRai wrote:
What is the source?
I'd like to know as well.

Another thing: please, in general, don't use ScuderiaFans as a source, as they have a history of making things up through translations from italian articles.

FDD
FDD

Interesting article on PU management in general and improvements expected for 2024 on 066/10 PU.

https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2023 ... 76-pu.html

gordonthegun

Well, from a now reliable source we know that the 676 will have 95% of the components different from the old SF-23 (which is normal) but Vasseur says that the car will be different but not revolutionised.

This last statement leaves me perplexed because I think that to become competitive the 676 must be and appear a revolution.

Nobody can see the underfloor, the same for the internal components of the suspensions, so what will not appear revolutionized will be the visible appearance of the car which in practice is reduced to the sidepods, their shape and the way they join the floor.
The rest will be almost unnoticeable details that can't contribute to a revolution.

To try to be more competitive I think it is necessary to get rid of the old sidepods, not just increase the undercut, which would be a change but not a revolution.
Now all the teams are converging towards drop-down sidepods with an additional internal waterslide. And in my opinion, this would be a revolution compared to the old SF-23, but Vasseur denies it, so what are we going to see? The SF-23/C or SuperEvo?

This year only Alfa Sauber and RB had simple slide sidepods an I bet next year they will add a waterslide.

Let's be clear, the next 2 world championships will go to Verstappen and RB.
Has Ferrari "resigned" itself? After all, John and his friends could spend less and put more money in their pockets.

Image "HOPE"

scuderiabrandon

gordonthegun wrote:
20 Dec 2023, 23:41
Well, from a now reliable source we know that the 676 will have 95% of the components different from the old SF-23 (which is normal) but Vasseur says that the car will be different but not revolutionised.

This last statement leaves me perplexed because I think that to become competitive the 676 must be and appear a revolution.

Nobody can see the underfloor, the same for the internal components of the suspensions, so what will not appear revolutionized will be the visible appearance of the car which in practice is reduced to the sidepods, their shape and the way they join the floor.
The rest will be almost unnoticeable details that can't contribute to a revolution.

To try to be more competitive I think it is necessary to get rid of the old sidepods, not just increase the undercut, which would be a change but not a revolution.
Now all the teams are converging towards drop-down sidepods with an additional internal waterslide. And in my opinion, this would be a revolution compared to the old SF-23, but Vasseur denies it, so what are we going to see? The SF-23/C or SuperEvo?

This year only Alfa Sauber and RB had simple slide sidepods an I bet next year they will add a waterslide.

Has Ferrari "resigned" itself? After all, John and his friends could spend less and put more money in their pockets.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_Kwz1GM_rec/sddefault.jpg "HOPE"
Vasseur mentioned in a different article [by formu1a.uno IIRC] that he doesn't like to use the term 'revolution' since somethings get reworked, some stay the same and others get totally done from scrap.It is a case of schemantics.

If you are changing 95% of the things you are revolutionizing. Rather look at it from a conceptual point of view.

Xyz22
Xyz22

scuderiabrandon wrote:
21 Dec 2023, 00:05
gordonthegun wrote:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/_Kwz1GM_rec/sddefault.jpg "HOPE"
Vasseur mentioned in a different article [by formu1a.uno IIRC] that he doesn't like to use the term 'revolution' since somethings get reworked, some stay the same and others get totally done from scrap.It is a case of schemantics.

If you are changing 95% of the things you are revolutionizing. Rather look at it from a conceptual point of view.
Vasseur said it's not a revolution mainly because the regulations will be identical.

In any event everyone knows RB will dominate in 24 and 25. On similar engine powers, Adrian Newey will always win (providing the environment in which he works is with him 100%).

The RB18 clearly outperformed the F1 75 by a significant margin; that much is evident. Its initial lack of dominance can be attributed to an issue with excess weight.

When they were getting the setup right, you could already see how much better in race trim it was. Like in Baku where the balance they had in the race allowed Max and Perez to push way easier than Charles who was fighting the car a lot. Perez built a 8s gap on Sainz in like 9 laps.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 21 Dec 2023, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

Vanja #66

gordonthegun wrote:
He said 95% as way of saying a lot of things will have to change. 23 car had more than 95% new parts compared to 22 car, but it wasn't 95% new the way 24 car will be.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Touching on the suspensions topic one more time, i was re reading Newey book "How to build a F1 car" and it's quite interesting how he describes changes to the suspension layout ONLY for aero reasons. This is absolutely evident when he talks about the regs change for 2009 where he switched from the push rod rear suspension to a pull rod rear suspension, in order to produce a much stronger flow to the beam wing (which resulted in a significant gain of DWF).