2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Max Verstappen wins his first race of the 2024 calendar year

As a warm-up for the real 24 Hours of Daytona, the virtual version took place this weekend. Racer at heart Max Verstappen competed with his own sim-racing team Team Redline and he finished first. The Dutchman was joined by Gianni Vecchio and Ole Steinbraten.

The team started the race in ninth place but managed to move to the front within hours. Verstappen was close to being out of the race after narrowly avoiding a crash. Verstappen finished over 1 lap ahead of Luke McKeown and Gustavo Ariel, who also drives for Team Redline. Over 920 laps were driven in the last 24 hours. In the other classes, GTP and LMP2, Atte Kauppinen and Alexander Davidson secured first place respectively.

The Power of Dreams!

SSScoffee
SSScoffee

Could it be that others teams sent out photographers with insane cameras to get some info, on the shakedown?

lio007

SSScoffee wrote:
21 Jan 2024, 15:35
Could it be that others teams sent out photographers with insane cameras to get some info, on the shakedown?
I don't think it's worth the effort, because a few days later pre-season testing starts anyway and team's can examine competitor's cars there.

organic

marcel171281 wrote:
27 Jan 2024, 17:01
Sounds nice, but wouldn't that require either Newey to not work for the racing team at all in 2024, or put the part he does work for the racing team under non-exemption, to let someone else be under exemption? Paying half a Newey is probabaly more than the benefit from putting someone else under exemption.
Continuing the Newey/exclusion from cost cap discussion in team thread, since it's not rb20/car hardware related

They aren't allowed to work on the 2026 car until 2025 anyway, which is when they probably feel Newey's contribution is most useful. If confidence is high in the Rb20 then perhaps it's the right move.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Regarding Marcel's comment, the regs say that if Newey so much as breathes on the RB20 in 2024, that his entire salary, even if it's for the RB17, must be counted under the budget cap either as an exempt or non-exempt cost. Seeing as Amus say Newey will working the RB17 so someone else can be exempted, then it's safe to say Adrian Newey will not be involved with RB's Formula One team at any point in 2024.

As Organic said, Newey would return only in 2025 for the RB22. For Adrian, this year is a case of the "trust fall" :lol:

Also, RB GMBH or RB Advanced Technologies ( i.e. not RB Racing) could use this time with Adrian unaffiliated with the F1 team to provide 5 years worth of salary in his sabbatical year with no consequence to RB Racing's budget cap, and then RB racing could bring him back as a low wage employee for '25-'30. That would be quite clever.

Cs98
Cs98

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jan 2024, 17:15
Also, RB GMBH or RB Advanced Technologies ( i.e. not RB Racing) could use this time with Adrian unaffiliated with the F1 team to provide 5 years worth of salary in his sabbatical year with no consequence to RB Racing's budget cap, and then RB racing could bring him back as a low wage employee for '25-'30. That would be quite clever.
I mean, theoretically you could do that with the CC exemption already. No need to send him off to another organisation. Just, here you go, 30 million this year, then a new contract for 5 years at 100k per year.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Cs98 wrote:
27 Jan 2024, 17:53
AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jan 2024, 17:15
I mean, theoretically you could do that with the CC exemption already. No need to send him off to another organisation. Just, here you go, 30 million this year, then a new contract for 5 years at 100k per year.
Yes I agree. You could rotate employees in and out of the exemption classification annually.

The way the FIA could kill this loophole is to put a % limit on salary decreases. So if you pay someone 30 million in 1 season, you can't reduce his salary by more than 1-2% in the next season (although that would be a significant breach of what little autonomy the teams have left).

Sieper

That’s not a loophole. The years that you are working for the team, or even employed in the team I am sure you must (now already) earn a representative salary. Otherwise all these teams would pay little and do crazy “donations” or something after the employee has left.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sieper wrote:
28 Jan 2024, 00:07
That’s not a loophole. The years that you are working for the team, or even employed in the team I am sure you must (now already) earn a representative salary. Otherwise all these teams would pay little and do crazy “donations” or something after the employee has left.
I would imagine before we worry about whether or not such a thing is excluded, you have to consider what is practical. The employees need to earn a living now, not 10 years from now so I’m not sure they can wait.

Also, if salaries must follow a representative system averaged across all the teams, then you would just have all the teams reclassifying all the employees as interns and junior Aeros. Lol

Sieper

And then be checked and if some of these employees fail to meet the standard of “junior “ be excluded from taking part, or some other draconian measure.

If it all were so easy to game, and I think it is being gamed, as was evidenced by the shenanigans played already, we would be better off without a cap altogether.

Wouter

Checo and Max went to London yesterday afternoon. This is why:

https://www.redbullracing.com/int-en/jo ... rand-shoot
Join us for an unforgettable day at our 2024 Season Brand Shoot, where you'll get behind the scenes access
to how we prepare our imagery for the season ahead, meet Max and Checo and be amongst the first
to have eyes on our brand new Team kit! 👀

When: 30th January 2024
Where: London.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

I hope they will release today the photo's from yesterday from the new teamkit.
Proof Max was there is this pic from a winner who attended the shooting (Max and Checo are still there):

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Newey on the Rb17

- Adrian says we'll see pictures of their full scale model "at some point in the summer"
- Rb17 running on track in 2025, manufacture of the actual car in 2026
- "the car is capable of Formula 1 laptimes"
- Engine on dyno in summer
- Proper unveiling on track at Austrian GP 2025 ideally

stated specs:

under 900kg, 2 seater, high revving naturally aspirated 1000hp v10 with 15k rev limit, 200hp electric motor, active suspension, downforce capped at 1.7 tons but can achieve that at 150mph, own weight in downforce produced at 120mph, blown diffuser, efficiency "unprecedented for a road car"

Newey on Rb20:

"will be an evolution of the 2022 car" suggests that they're being on more conservative side and "developing what we've got" rather than having research groups trying left-field ideas

tinuva

organic wrote:Newey on the Rb17

- Adrian says we'll see pictures of their full scale model "at some point in the summer"
- Rb17 running on track in 2025, manufacture of the actual car in 2026
- "the car is capable of Formula 1 laptimes"
- Engine on dyno in summer
- Proper unveiling on track at Austrian GP 2025 ideally

stated specs:

under 900kg, 2 seater, high revving naturally aspirated 1000hp v10 with 15k rev limit, 200hp electric motor, active suspension, downforce capped at 1.7 tons but can achieve that at 150mph, own weight in downforce produced at 120mph, blown diffuser, efficiency "unprecedented for a road car"

Newey on Rb20:

"will be an evolution of the 2022 car" suggests that they're being on more conservative side and "developing what we've got" rather than having research groups trying left-field ideas
2022? Surely you mean 2023.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

organic

tinuva wrote:
31 Jan 2024, 21:02
organic wrote:Newey on the Rb17

-
Newey on Rb20:

2022? Surely you mean 2023.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Yeah he meant the rb19 evolved from rb18 so rb20 continuing down the same line means rb20 also evolved from the 2022 car, just the next step