2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 23:48
KimiRai wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 23:24
Lewis Hamilton does not come alone at Ferrari. His arrival will lead to the arrival of several competition engineers at Ferrari, coming from Mercedes but also from other teams. We are going to see certain transfers of engineers at Ferrari. Lewis Hamilton will not make Vettel's mistake of coming to Maranello alone. A whole group arrives with Lewis. It's important for Ferrari too.

@FORMU1A__UNO
It's difficult to see this team not revolving around Hamilton.
Will that be what the team, and fans want though? However I guess it depends how much of his 'mark' he wants to bring along to the team.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 00:08
AR3-GP wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 23:24
Will that be what the team, and fans want though? However I guess it depends how much of his 'mark' he wants to bring along to the team.
I don't know what anyone wants, but the media, new technicians coming because of Hamilton, etc. This Hamilton "project" is a massive deal. It has more or less sent ripples through the fabric of F1.

Leclerc can only bite his tongue and get on with it. It's certainly not the future he imagined.
A lion must kill its prey.

scuderiabrandon

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 00:54
chrisc90 wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I don't know what anyone wants, but the media, new technicians coming because of Hamilton, etc. This Hamilton "project" is a massive deal. It has more or less sent ripples through the fabric of F1.

Leclerc can only bite his tongue and get on with it. It's certainly not the future he imagined.
Leclerc can announce is departure tomorrow. In case you forgot there is an open seat somewhere else, a few teams will move mountains if he decided to leave. What does the guy need to do to earn some respect. The recency bias is f---ing insane.You are speaking as if he didn't just sign a contract knowing Lewis will be next to him.

The move made sense for Ferrari in so many ways. It's not like the' re bringing this young new talent in. They are fully aware Hamilton is probably in his final stint of his career.
Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 03 Feb 2024, 01:05, edited 2 times in total.

organic

Also Lewis joining will strengthen Ferrari. That will directly help Charles' position and knowing F1 drivers he will simply back himself to be the one to profit if ham does bring these benefits to the team eg technical reinforcements

Sidiamal
Sidiamal

No one at Ferrari will care who the team is built around if at the end of the day one of the Ferrari drivers is a world champion. Build the best car and let them race. Everything else beside winning is meaningless.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Sidiamal wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 01:13
No one at Ferrari will care who the team is built around if at the end of the day one of the Ferrari drivers is a world champion. Build the best car and let them race. Everything else beside winning is meaningless.
Is Binotto back at Ferrari?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

scuderiabrandon wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 01:01
AR3-GP wrote:
chrisc90 wrote:

Leclerc can announce is departure tomorrow. In case you forgot there is an open seat somewhere else, a few teams will move mountains if he decided to leave. What does the guy need to do to earn some respect. The recency bias is f---ing insane.You are speaking as if he didn't just sign a contract knowing Lewis will be next to him.

The move made sense for Ferrari in so many ways. It's not like the' re bringing this young new talent in. They are fully aware Hamilton is probably in his final stint of his career.
Leclerc stayed because leaving was never a question. He is at his dream team. In his mind he is going to be the next champion for Ferrari. Hamilton is simply an inconvenience to be dealt with. It will take some dealing with. Hamilton is a very talented driver and the media and team will have a tendency to want to circle him more than they will Leclerc. That's just how it is with any 7x WDC especially in a move like this. It's theater.

Just as it was when Vettel was here. The stories were how something is wrong for Vettel and that's why he lost to Leclerc. We saw this at Mercedes where something was always "wrong" for Hamilton if he was behind Russell. The same will happen at Ferrari. It will be hard for Leclerc not to feel like he's just living in Hamilton's world.

scuderiabrandon

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 01:27
scuderiabrandon wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Leclerc stayed because leaving was never a question. He is at his dream team. In his mind he is going to be the next champion for Ferrari. Hamilton is simply an inconvenience to be dealt with. It will take some dealing with but it will take some dealing with. Hamilton is a very talented driver and the media and team will have a tendency to want to circle him more than they will Leclerc. That's just how it is with any 7x WDC.

Just as it was when Vettel was here. The stories were how something is wrong for Vettel and that's why he lost to Hamilton. You already saw this at Mercedes where something was always "wrong" for Hamilton, if he was behind Russell. The same will happen at Ferrari.
Leclerc has stated many times, if he stops believing in this project he will leave. So to say he can't leave because he has not options or he won't leave because it's his dream team is obsurd in so many ways. Not only will he find a seat in an instant but probably at a top 4 team. Many were saying Lewis will finish his career at Mercedes on the 31st of January. Nobody tell them what will happen on February 1st.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

scuderiabrandon wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 01:38
AR3-GP wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:

Leclerc stayed because leaving was never a question. He is at his dream team. In his mind he is going to be the next champion for Ferrari. Hamilton is simply an inconvenience to be dealt with. It will take some dealing with but it will take some dealing with. Hamilton is a very talented driver and the media and team will have a tendency to want to circle him more than they will Leclerc. That's just how it is with any 7x WDC.

Just as it was when Vettel was here. The stories were how something is wrong for Vettel and that's why he lost to Hamilton. You already saw this at Mercedes where something was always "wrong" for Hamilton, if he was behind Russell. The same will happen at Ferrari.
Leclerc has stated many times, if he stops believing in this project he will leave. So to say he can't leave because he has not options or he won't leave because it's his dream team is obsurd in so many ways. Not only will he find a seat in an instant but probably at a top 4 team. Many were saying Lewis will finish his career at Mercedes on the 31st of January. Nobody tell them what will happen on February 1st.
I didn't say he can't leave because he doesn't have options. Mercedes would have him in an instant.

What I'm saying is that he was always going to continue after 2025 at Ferrari regardless of Hamilton. It hasn't been long enough for the dream to sour. Hamilton is just an inconvenience to be dealt with and Leclerc is taking it in stride because there's nothing he can do about it other than to deal with it on the track.

Let us revisit this. In 2028 or 2029 if Ferrari hasn't produced a title winning car I'm sure he'll be over the love affair and will be gone but that time is not now.

I like the Leclerc-Ferrari story in isolation but I really like the 7xWDC Hamilton-Ferrari story even more. Many people feel the same. Things will tend to gravitate towards the 7xWDC even if they don't want it to. Media will circle Hamilton like flies to a light. Ferrari will take heat for building a bad car for Hamilton. It will be the Hamilton network. That's why I said Leclerc could only take it in stride and try to use the track performance to shine a light on himself because it's already going to be skewed a lot towards what Hamilton is doing, what Hamilton wants, how Ferrari isn't helping Hamilton, etc.

Henri
Henri

AR3-GP wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 01:46
scuderiabrandon wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 01:38
AR3-GP wrote:

I didn't say he can't leave because he doesn't have options. Mercedes would have him in an instant.

What I'm saying is that he was always going to continue after 2025 at Ferrari regardless of Hamilton. It hasn't been long enough for the dream to sour. Hamilton is just an inconvenience to be dealt with and Leclerc is taking it in stride because there's nothing he can do about it other than to deal with it on the track.

Let us revisit this. In 2028 or 2029 if Ferrari hasn't produced a title winning car I'm sure he'll be over the love affair and will be gone but that time is not now.

I like the Leclerc-Ferrari story in isolation but I really like the 7xWDC Hamilton-Ferrari story even more. Many people feel the same. Things will tend to gravitate towards the 7xWDC even if they don't want it to. Media will circle Hamilton like flies to a light. Ferrari will take heat for building a bad car for Hamilton. It will be the Hamilton network. That's why I said Leclerc could only take it in stride and try to use the track performance to shine a light on himself because it's already going to be skewed a lot towards what Hamilton is doing, what Hamilton wants, how Ferrari isn't helping Hamilton, etc.
Leclerc will have to earn his seat.. Lewis will always be the alpha in any team he goes too

Henri
Henri

Lioc sera coming with Lewis will help Ferrari with its tyre eating issues..

Henri
Henri

Lewis signing to Ferrari had more engagement than a f1 race lol... Ferrari will skyrocket with brands deal 😀😏

dialtone
dialtone

Most interesting part of this transfer is to verify which force is stronger: Ferrari that gets more race penalties from FIA or FIA that closes an eye with HAM. Can't wait for 2025.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dialtone wrote:
03 Feb 2024, 07:11
Most interesting part of this transfer is to verify which force is stronger: Ferrari that gets more race penalties from FIA or FIA that closes an eye with HAM. Can't wait for 2025.
of course :lol:

Vanja #66

AR3-GP wrote:
It's certainly not the future he imagined.
Indeed, it became a lot better than what he imagined...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie