Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ThijsMuis wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 21:11
organic wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:43
ThijsMuis wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 19:14
https://twitter.com/xxoMarina/status/17 ... nbl4Q&s=19

Links to podcast in tweet thread

Seems its Mintzlaff if that is accurate
So Mintzlaff or at least RB GmbH talked about this to a journalist, gave them many details, and didn't make them sign an NDA whilst an internal investigation was ongoing.

The same journalist then broke this story to the public

I can't see any reasons for doing this other than a political angle?
Mintzlaff has duty to RB not Horner.
Horner has duty to himself.

I don't think it's political because timeline is saying people knew about this last week.
I think it's possible Horner made a big mistake Mintzlaff had evidence and said you have to go and Horner said no.
Barrister employed and story leaked.
That looks like pressure being given Horners way.

The problem is, if that is the version of events, Horner is staying.
I don't know what speculation on this brings, this series of events should play its course and this stuff can ruin a person's life so I wouldn't go around thinking too creatively about this.

Just so we are clear, once a sexual harassment/hostile work environment issue is brought up to RB there is virtually no choice but to prosecute unless they want to be themselves liable for the lawsuit and there's zero chance they want that, especially in a non-core line of business.

So for those that say that this is political, the only way that this would be realistically political is if someone from RB convinced an employee to start something with Horner so that Horner would misbehave and then they would investigate. More or less any other scenario isn't political but just a mechanical inevitability, this is how it works in any company in the world, to stop liability you have to investigate very seriously. Press may be blowing a small event out of proportion maybe or what have you, but RB has to investigate, this is how it works.

ThijsMuis
ThijsMuis

It's a news story and the facts are Red Bull employed a barrister to investigate Horner for wrongdoing.
There will be speculation on that.

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 21:17

That many different stories don’t know what to believe, Probably not even the whole situation whatever is going on

Anyhow, isn’t Horner the boss of himself? As in red bull racing? Not sure what position he has within the wider RB group
Here is the original source:

https://apnews.com/article/red-bull-hor ... 6970205bfa
Horner has denied any wrongdoing, and the complaint is allegedly about his aggressive management style.

Cs98
Cs98

dialtone wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 21:19
So for those that say that this is political, the only way that this would be realistically political is if someone from RB convinced an employee to start something with Horner so that Horner would misbehave and then they would investigate. More or less any other scenario isn't political but just a mechanical inevitability, this is how it works in any company in the world, to stop liability you have to investigate very seriously. Press may be blowing a small event out of proportion maybe or what have you, but RB has to investigate, this is how it works.
It's that it leaked before the investigation has been concluded, not that there is an investigation into alleged wrongdoing. Now we are in this boat with 2 or 3 completely different stories and unhinged speculation.

f1jcw
f1jcw

langedweil wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:08
organic wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 21:29
Horner has denied any wrongdoing, and the complaint is allegedly about his aggressive management style.
Hmm .. maybe just a broken snowflake then?
Very rarely does someone come out and admit, "Yes, it was me, I was caught red handed, I'm guilty"

Depends what it is, not everyone is willing to put up with bullying in the workplace, until facts are known, we can't say eitherway.

dans79

Considering he says stuff like this to the press, It's not a big leap to think he would step over the line in some fashion!

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/212153/h ... k-off.html
"And so we did a little thing for him at the last debrief, where usually when somebody leaves the team, we tell them to f*ck off. With Rob, it's a little bit different. You know, he's a good guy. And he's just going on to a new challenge. But it's a little bit like Manchester United, you know, if you look at their team, how it evolved over a period of time. Eric Cantona still wasn't playing 17 years later,"
201 105 104 9 9 7

AMG.Tzan

As much as I would love to believe these stories and want Horner to get fired…if any of these “photos” accusations were real he would have already resigned by now…

So probably just rumors and negative comments…
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dans79 wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:13
Considering he says stuff like this to the press, It's not a big leap to think he would step over the line in some fashion!

"And so we did a little thing for him at the last debrief, where usually when somebody leaves the team, we tell them to f*ck off. With Rob, it's a little bit different. You know, he's a good guy. And he's just going on to a new challenge. But it's a little bit like Manchester United, you know, if you look at their team, how it evolved over a period of time. Eric Cantona still wasn't playing 17 years later,"
I think there are cultural differences between Britain and the USA.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 05 Feb 2024, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

CjC
CjC

dans79 wrote:

Is that what he said?
He’s an odd bloke Horner… especially with how well it worked out with Newey
#-o
Just a fan's point of view

f1jcw
f1jcw

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:26
dans79 wrote:

Really? You leave for somewhere new and think it'd be nice to be told to **** off?
I can understand if said jokey but if not, even as a Brit I'd feel a bit put off by it.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1jcw wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:31
AR3-GP wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Really? You leave for somewhere new and think it'd be nice to be told to **** off?
I can understand if said jokey but if not, even as a Brit I'd feel a bit put off by it.
Jokes amongst long time friends/colleagues can be difficult to understand as an outsider.

Wouter

AMG.Tzan wrote:
As much as I would love to believe these stories and want Horner to get fired…if any of these “photos” accusations were real he would have already resigned by now…

These false accusations are from The Bild, the biggest gossip newspaper/site in Germany, worse than the Daily Mail!!
The Power of Dreams!

f1jcw
f1jcw

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:34
f1jcw wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

I don't know what to tell you. It seems like an inside joke that Rob knew about. You can see RB were very fond of him.

and yes I do generally do think there are just cultural differences and british slang is quite aggressive.
I'm British, I can understand if it is said and taken as a joke. But then, if it is a joke, why spare Rob from it.

f1jcw
f1jcw

Wouter wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:36
AMG.Tzan wrote:

These false accusations are from The Bild, the biggest gossip newspaper/site in Germany, worse than the Daily Mail!!
You don't know which is false yet, all maybe, none of them might be.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1jcw wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:38
AR3-GP wrote:
05 Feb 2024, 22:34
f1jcw wrote:

I don't know what to tell you. It seems like an inside joke that Rob knew about. You can see RB were very fond of him.

and yes I do generally do think there are just cultural differences and british slang is quite aggressive.
I'm British, I can understand if it is said and taken as a joke. But then, if it is a joke, why spare Rob from it.
Is there really anything here?