Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
koolway
koolway

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

F1-insider is the source Dude. If you want more, contact them… I’m not your personal army.
In any case if BE wants to deny that claim, I m pretty sure he’s got the connections needed and is only one sms away from a counter-statement that will be published within few minutes on 99% of media covering it..
And as I made the point earlier, this statement doesn’t bring anything to the case… go up and read again if needed…

senja
senja

Why would Bernie bother to respond to that ridicule "source". Which, i repeat, didn't have his statement. Thay have someone who said that Bernie said something...

Shakeman wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 16:50
I saw another 'report' today that suggested Liberty media and F1 themselves are getting worried about how this looks and putting pressure on Red Bull although like every claim there's no detail about what pressure is being applied.
I find it amusing that Liberty and F1 are putting pressure on RB to sort out their investigation of someone accused of having put pressure on someone else.

At this rate maybe this off season should never end. It may be more exciting and entertaining than the actual 2024 season.

koolway
koolway

senja wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 22:23
Why would Bernie bother to respond to that ridicule "source". Which, i repeat, didn't have his statement. Thay have someone who said that Bernie said something...
Apparently he just did... why? just because he can and has probably nothing else to do on a tuesday night in Switzerland... and maybe care about his friend...
Uncle Bernie wrote:"We have been good friends for a long time. He has now been accused. As long as the contrary is not proven, he is innocent," the 93-year-old Briton stressed to the Deutschen Presse-Agentur. On the fact that Red Bull launched an independent investigation into the team boss, he said the following: "Red Bull as a company is in the public eye and needs answers."
Uncle Bernie wrote:“My advice to Christian, apart from keeping his head down, is to do nothing, wait and see what happens,” Ecclestone told AFP on Tuesday.
“I keep in close contact with him,”
“The trouble is once you are successful you make a lot of enemies and this is a case in point.
“I hope Christian keeps his head down and that someone talks individually to him and the woman and it is sorted out.”
"I feel when Dietrich died it created a vacuum and several people moved into different positions and saw an opportunity to make up all sorts of stories and hurt him (Horner) so they can engineer his departure and create an opening for themselves,"
"Effectively they want to oust him."
As expected, nothing groundbreaking... with a pinch of hearsay and rumors

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

If anyone still trusted the media before this Christian Horner incident, look at Bernie's comments.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

mendis
mendis

Last edited by mendis on 14 Feb 2024, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.

mendis
mendis

koolway wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 19:00
Here is an article quoting the statement released at AFP London

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/2 ... -behaviour

All sources regarding BE « private advices » refers to f1-insider :
https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-red-bul ... rfe-61671/

Official press releases are not always « publicly available ».
They are provided to press agencies who sell it to news outlet affiliates.
So there wasn't anything official from Red Bull on the matter. People need to be careful in calling something as official or quoting it as a fact, while it's just media hearsay. Official press releases aren't hard to see as they are published on their Twitter or Instagram handles nowadays.

koolway
koolway

First link... AFP London.
And if you look it up, the statement was brought by local UK news Agency PA Media, and Phil Duncann is the F1 correspondant who collected the RB statement.

That's how we knew a hearing with external lawyer was taking place...

Social Media is not a press release, it's just communication and public relation.
Press releases are behind restricted access dedicated to press so they can (often) liaise directly with the company PR representative for further comments.

Now, I'm curious if BE and/or CH will launch a diffamation case vs F1-insider...

Cs98
Cs98

Can we put the whole Bernie garbage behind us now? Just wait and see what happens.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Shakeman wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 16:50
I saw another 'report' today that suggested Liberty media and F1 themselves are getting worried about how this looks and putting pressure on Red Bull although like every claim there's no detail about what pressure is being applied.

If we are to believe this then it is simply enough for a Team boss to be pressured out of his job on the basis of all the rampant press speculation because it's hurting the license holders? Is this where we are in 2024?

It seems perfectly fine for journalists, I use that term in the loosest possible sense, to write an unquestioning story where all the above is true and there's nothing wrong about a man losing his job because the press are writing a lot of speculation. How about one, just one daring journalist stand up and say so what to Liberty media or so what to F1, every person deserves to be treated fairly and no one in 2024 should lose their job without a fair hearing? Wouldn't that be a refreshing turn of events?
So you dont believe in the reliability of media reports, yet you're still getting upset over a media report suggesting that Liberty are trying to pressure Red Bull to fire Horner as if it's true?

Cs98
Cs98

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull- ... b20-launch
Horner in attendance for the launch.

Greg Locock
Greg Locock

Annoying to see Kpop fan style drivelling on F1 Technical. Perhaps Steven could set up a separate website called F1 teenagers droning on and on in the absence of facts.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Greg Locock wrote:
15 Feb 2024, 23:13
Annoying to see Kpop fan style drivelling on F1 Technical. Perhaps Steven could set up a separate website called F1 teenagers droning on and on in the absence of facts.
F1 is one of the most boring major sports in the world in terms of off-the-field drama. It should hardly be surprising that a story like this is catching a fair bit of fire, especially given it is Red Bull we're talking about, who are currently dominating the sport.

I'm with you on that there's far too little facts to go off of, and that we certainly shouldn't trust F1 media, who are notorious for trying to make this boring sport seem more dramatic and exciting(lest they be out of a job), but at the same time, it's inevitable that this will be getting tons of speculation and inflammation. Especially among the people who want to see Red Bull and Verstappen burn in any way possible. :p

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

maxxer
maxxer

Well there is news :

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/70913152 ... end-gedrag

It was sexual texting and camp Horner tried to get the woman silent with 650.000 gbp

Newspaper has seen the messages and knows the name of the employee